Chapter 31: Fight

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

After our delicious dinner, Eunji and I decided to go with Exo-M to a karaoke place, but process of getting there was painful, torturous and long all because my lovely best friend decided to take me shopping. Eunji practically ran into every fashion store there was, waltzing in and out like a hurricane of shopping bags and brown hair. There were too many adorable stores to count so she had to make the most out of the opportunity, apparently.

 

“Minhee, look at this!” Eunji held up a skimpy dress that was fluoro yellow that was not dissimilar to a banana peel. “I think that it would suit you just fine,” she added, smirking evilly as I sent her an affectionate eye roll.

 

“Yeah, I think that I would look fabulous in it girlfriend,” I replied sarcastically.

 

Half-heartedly, I looked through the rack. I found a relatively nice, oversized sweater that suited my bland taste for fashion. It was simple and grey but chic at the same time. I held it up as Eunji gave me a nod of approval. “Is this one ok?”

 

“Yeah, you might as well add a unicorn horn and dye you hair green. You’ll be hideous no matter what you do in it,” a voice said snidely. My first reflex was to retort that 'unicorns are cool and should not be dissed,' but then I realised that that wasn't the smartest thing to say in this situation. Analysing the current situation, I didn’t need Eunji’s stony expression or the speaker’s voice to tell who it was. The atmosphere alone told me that Jiyeon and the rest of the Barbies had happened to be visiting the same store. I dropped the sweater and whirled around, to meet the eyes of Jiyeon, who looked at me as if I was the lowest of the low.

 

“I should’ve known,” hissed Eunji, glaring back at Jiyeon, “that the Barbies could never go a day without buying their ty clothes.”

 

Jiyeon snorted. “How ironic, that the two geeks accuse us,” she gestured to the rest of the Barbies, “when you’re the ones looking through skimpy clothes.” She eyed the dress that Eunji was holding, as she flushed red and threw it back onto the rack. “Ugly nerds should breed within themselves, so stay away from Kris.”

 

“He chose to stick to us” I scoffed. “You think I enjoy spending time with that idiot?” I demanded, glaring at Jiyeon. She cocked her head and laughed, her painted pink lips stretching over her blindingly white teeth.

 

“I’m surprised that you even have to ask,” she responded cryptically. At that time, from the corner of my eye, I saw Eunji jump up and lunge for her, and I fought to hold her back. Eunji was on the school rugby team and even though I wasn’t bad at basketball, it was quite a task to hold her back, especially when she was clawing at me arms.

 

“Let me go!” she snarled. “This needs to be taught a ing lesson!”

 

Despite my conscience, the image of Jiyeon defeated was too tempting. Somehow, I had discreetly let go of Eunji, and she launched herself at her and within the next minute, the Barbies were a squealing mess on the floor. Eunji tripped over Boram’s skyscraper high stiletto, and without hesitation, I ran into the fray, attempting to assist Eunji who was massaging her hurt head. Unsurprisingly, I was grabbed by one of them, Hyomin, and she gave me a look that could cause a zombie to piss in his pants.

 

“YOU !!” she shrieked, and she clawed my arm with her long, fake fingernails, immediately drawing blood. I retracted my arm quickly, hissing in pain as I crashed into the rack. I was in absolutely no mood for a fight, being the nun I was.

 

Yay, now let’s all preach world peace.

 

“HOW DARE YOU? GET THE OFF!!” Eunji yelled, advancing on Hyomin and pushing her away from me. We scurried across the room, giving ourselves a good distance between the Barbies and us. Cue the six saviours, who decided to enter the scene.

Tao took one look at the Barbies, sprawled on the floor, and didn’t hesitate to hurry over to them and immediately reprimanded them. His words were faintly heard, and I couldn’t help but giggle at his cute scolding.

 

“Noonas, it’s bad to fight with each other. People can get hurt if you do that. That’s bad. It’s bad to hurt people with silly reasons. So noonas should stop fighting now and be happy. Do noonas like cakes? If noonas like cakes, then noonas should buy a cake and eat it. Cakes are yummy, so noonas will be happy again. And if noonas are happy then noonas won’t fight again yes?”

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Kris’s voice turned my head back to where I was, and he was looking at my arm. I only just remembered that Hyomin scratched it. “Why are you so careless? How can you let a Barbie do this to you?”

 

I scowled. “It’s not my fault that Barbies act so rashly,” I retorted, annoyed that he accused me of such a ridiculous act.

 

“Still, you should be careful! You just ran into the argument right? Why would you do that?”

 

I scoffed. “What? Why are you suddenly so caring? Are you worried about me? I had to take care of that troublemaker, Eunji!” That totally took him aback, because he stumbled backwards and had a look of total shock on his face.

 

“W-what? What are you talking about? No! Of course not! What are you saying? That’s ridiculous!” He stammered, and I snickered.

 

“Who would’ve known that the idiot would be so nice?”

 

“Hey! I don’t care about you! I just want to make sure that I’m not living with someone that’s has no common sense!” He shot back, slinking away.

 

I stood there, my mouth slightly open, and Lay hurried over.

 

“Are you guys ok?” he asked, faced lined with concern.

 

“Yeah, we’re fine” replied Eunji, who still glaring at Jiyeon, who in turn, was muttering profanities under her breath, also glaring.

 

 “Minhee! What happened?” Lay was examining my arm, and his face clearly spelled out ‘W-O-R-R-I-E-D’.

 

“It's nothing. I just got scratched by that thing," I pointed to Hyomin, who was staring at her fingernails, eyes wide open and eyebrows creased with worry. "I'm pretty sure that it'll be ok.”

 

“Well I'm pretty sure that it's not. You need a Band-Aid. The cut can get infected you know.”

 

“No, no, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it,” I replied with a soft smile. “I think Eunji needs more treatment. Sometime in the mental hospital would be nice too.”

 

“Minhee, the guy's offering to take care of you!” interjected Eunji, completely ignoring my remarks of her needing to be institutionalised. “Lay, just put the Band-Aid on her.”

 

Lay smiled. “Ok Eunji.” He gently applied the Band-Aid that he just pulled out of his pocket – this guy’s prepared for almost anything – and used tissue to wipe up the blood around it. “There. All done!” He smiled and his dimples showed up again. I stared down at the band which was adorned with fluffy little bunnies.

 

Tao came back and beamed. “All done! No more fighting! Let’s go karaoke!”

 

He ran off and I screamed, “Wrong way, Tao!” He came tearing back and ran in the opposite direction, and the rest of just laughed at his immaturity.

 

Spending almost a day out with Kris was horrible, but bearable.

 

Eunji took my hand protectively, shot a dark glare at the Barbies that were starting to file out of the store and muttered, “Let’s get out of here.”

 

 

 

A/N:

Just a fun filler chapter :) I know it's been long. Blame mathematics and my laziness XD