Chapter 4: His First Day

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

I was wobbly kneed and had bullets of cold sweat dripping down my face after Kris pulled up in the school car-park. His crappy driving had almost forced me into cardiac arrest. His flashy car made other students gawk at us in awe and I ducked my face into the seat so they couldn’t see me.

 

“I swear to god, Kris,” I groaned. “I’ll kill you.”

 

“Whatever,” he huffed as he got turned the engine off and got out. I watched with wide eyes as he reappeared at my side and opened the door for me graciously. He bowed his head and grinned lecherously. Clearing his throat, he began the most ridiculous address. “Oh great Queen of the Choi Palace, I humbly offer my services as a loyal serv-“

 

I whacked him over the head and stepped over his writhing body to get out. “Your services are greatly appreciated.”

 

The students had already started to gather around us, trying to get a glimpse of the scene. My best friend, Eunji had herself doubled over in laughter. She was the kind of person who was always there for everybody, but only after she had crapped herself laughing at their expense.

 

“Call me!” Kris yelled as he got up, making a phone motion with his left hand and winking. The male students made some cat calls as girls drilled holes in my back with their glares. I felt the heat rush into my cheeks and if it wasn’t for Eunji’s iron grip on my hand I would’ve gone over and done even more damage to his face. So much he would've needed plastic surgery on that perfect little nose of his. 

 

“So…” Eunji chuckled. “You and Canada-boy, eh?”

 

“We’re nothing more than enemies,” I replied, as I glowered at Kris’s fast disappearing back.

 

“Sure,” Eunji mused, tapping her chin amusedly. “It’s time the nun gets a boyfriend anyway. Besides, he isn’t even bad looking.”

 

“Shut up,” I mumbled irritated, swatting her arm away. ”You’re always such a bad influence.”

 

 

 

 

 

I was hoping to god that he wasn’t going to be in my class, especially now that I’d dodged showing him around in the morning.

 

“Good morning students,” the teacher, Mr Jung announced, clapping his hands together. “Today, we’ll be welcoming a new student to our class from Canada!”

 

The bile rose up in my throat as soon as I heard the dreaded word Canada. Seconds later, the door opened to reveal Kris who was wearing his trademark -face as he strode lazily into the centre of the room. He sent a piercing gaze my way and cleared his throat. “Hello everyone, my name is Kris.”

 

“Oh lord,” Jiyeon gushed as she turned to fellow Barbie, Hyomin. “His English is so y.”

 

I felt like gagging. Kris and y did not go in one sentence. He bowed and Mr Jung showed where he would be sitting which happened to be the seat right behind me. Up the front, he cleared his throat and tapped his marker on the board.

 

“Kris has made a request for a student, Choi Minhee to tour him around the school,” he said making me cringe. “She will be exempted from this period.”

 

Groans rang out from all corners of the class-room, the guys annoyed that I wouldn’t have to sit through a boring lecture, the girls irritated that the resident geek would be touring a “hot” new student around the school. I raised my hand meekly.

 

“Um is there any chance that he could go with someone else?” I pleaded. “You know how much I enjoy these wonderfully educational lectures about the political significance-“

 

“And that’s why you always fall asleep in this class,” Eunji interrupted with a playful jab to my ribs. Mr Jung glowered at the two of us and shook his head.

 

“You are our honour student in English,” he replied shrugging his shoulders. “It’s not like we don’t know you fantasize about Exo-K in my classes.”

 

The class erupted in laughter and so did Kris. I got up reluctantly, shooting a dark glare at the laughing Eunji who sent me a wink. Since we had gotten into high school, she’d made it her mission to get me to have some fun. Her idea of fun had always been rebelling, boyfriends, make-up and motorbikes. Shoving all my books in my bag, I almost tripped in on the way out on Jiyeon’s chair leg.

 

“So, what now?” I huffed as soon as we were safely out of the class-room.

 

“You show me around the school,” he replied nonchalantly.

 

“Why me?” I groaned. “Why not someone from your own species like Hyomin?”

 

“Because thou art love so,” he cooed, making ridiculous, dramatic arm gestures. I pinched his arm fiercely, enjoying the look on his face as he tried to shake me off. I gritted my teeth in irritation and began walking at a superhuman pace.

 

“Let’s start off with the cafeteria,” I hissed. He smiled happily, clasping his hands together behind his back, whistling and skipping behind me like a freaking schoolboy. I rolled my eyes and breathed in deeply to suppress my urge to scream in frustration. “Stop. The. Goddamn. Skipping.”

 

 

A/N:

 

Hey guys :D,

Oh my lord…. I am so, so, so grateful for all the subbies and commenters of this story! (which is why fingers are numb from typing comment replies) I love you all so, so much! I’ll have a Kris gif for you every single chapter so look forward to that ;) 

Also, I'm probably going to write a few side chapters for laughs so please look forward to those!