Chapter 32: I know I'm stupid for not updating

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

When we finally arrived at the karaoke bar, after our encounter with the Barbies, it was already nearing closing time, but we arrived just before they closed up.

 

“Two hours please!” chirped Eunji cheerfully, having fully recovered from the meeting with the Barbies.

 

“Two hours?” the manager asked incredulously, “We’re closing in 10 minutes!”

 

“Aw, why not? I thought the customer came first!”

 

“Yes, usually, but I can’t give you two hours. I can give you half an hour, but that’s the longest I can give you.”

 

“Manager, can you please give us 1 hour then?” Eunji asked imploringly, “We went to a lot of trouble to get here!”

 

He sighed and asked, “How many people?”

 

“Eight people please!”

 

He lifted his eyebrows and said, “Ok, that will be 160,000 won.”

 

Eunji turned to us. “20,000 won each! Cough up!” I dug through my wallet to find a few coins, nowhere near enough for 20,000 won.

 

I sighed sadly and said, “Count me out. I’m too poor for this.”

 

“No! Noona, you have to come! I want to hear noona sing! Gege, pay for her!” Tao turned to Kris and started tugging his arm. Kris smirked and I rolled my eyes again.

 

He threw another 20,000 won onto the table, and gave me a pointed look. “You owe me.”

 

“Hey! I never said anything about you paying for me! If you don’t want to pay then don’t!” I retorted, giving him a look of distaste.

 

“Well it’s too late now isn’t it?” he gestured towards the manager, who had already taken in the money, and was whistling a happy tune. No doubt he was pleased at the amount of money he just made.

 

“Please go into room 6.” Eunji beamed and pulled Chen and Luhan’s wrist.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

 

“Careless, careless, shoot anonymous, anonymous. Heartless, mindless, no one who care about me?”

 

The familiar voices of Exo-K filled my mind, as I sankk back into the squishy couch. Chen and Luhan took control over the microphones, and I had to admit, they were pretty good singers.

 

“There’s no way that you’ll be better than them.” I said, laughing at Kris’s poor attempt of imitating the dance.

 

“Hey! I’m not that bad!” he countered, glaring at me again.

 

“Trust me, you are that bad.” I said, as calmly as I could, before bursting into laughter again. “You look like a drunken buffoon!”

 

“Hey! That’s mean!” he cried, seemingly appalled by my choice of words.

 

“Since when were you not mean to me?”  I retorted as Exo-M burst into peals of laughter.

 

“Pssssssh. What are you talking about? I was never mean to you!” he lied, flashing a smile which I’m assumed was meant to be sickly sweet.

 

“Hah, you crack me up.” I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

 

“Minhee! Kris! You guys have to do a duet now!” called Xiumin, beckoning us with a cheeky grin.

 

“I’ll pick the song!” interjected Eunji, smiling wickedly. I had a bad feeling about this…

 

“Going Crazy by Song Jieun featuring Bang Yongguk!”

 

“No way! I’m not singing that song with this guy!” I pointed to Kris, and he rolled his eyes. It was a powerful ballad and the mere thought of Kris rapping made me want to barf just a little.

 

“Come on Hee-hee, we can’t ignore the request of the audience.” He pulled me to the front, and Exo-M and Eunji cheered. I could feel my face reddening, but I couldn’t move because of Kris. Soon, I felt my voice float into the room and I cringed as I imagined myself croaking like a frog. Exo-M stared at me, mouths agape.

 

“What,” I whispered awkwardly. “Am I that terrible?”

 

“Yes-“

 

“NO NOONA YOU’RE AWESOME,” Tao exclaimed as he almost jumped off the sofa to cut Kris off. Luhan and Lay nodded in agreement as my cheeks flushed a deep red. Kris rolled his eyes and prepared for the rap which I was sure he was going to fail. The melody soon changed to a more rapid rhythm and Kris began his performance in a surprisingly silky voice. It was deep, y and I would’ve liked it if it hadn’t of belonged to him. My jaw went slack. 

 

 

 

A/N: 

I know you all want to shoot me. I'm going to update like crazy to make up for my lack of updates.... I'm really sorry and to be honest, i don't even have an excuse so yeah. I'M GOING TO GIVE AWAY KARMA FOR MY DEAR UPVOTERS AND SUBBIES XD. You guys all have until the 31st until I choose one random upvoter and subscriber and the prize is 30 karma points each, just a token of my gratitude :)