Chapter 28: Catching Up

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

Kris suddenly got a phone call the same time as I did. Luckily, our phones still had a bit of battery left, otherwise I might’ve gone insane.

 

“Hey, the power’s out,” Eunji groaned. “Wanna head into the city where civilisation is living, oblivious to our pain?”

 

“That would be lovely,” I replied, almost sinking to my knees in relief. I was so glad to get out of the place, I almost forgot that I was wearing his clothes. I was so small, his childhood clothes like shirts with Micky Mouse and Carz T-shirts fit me. I shrugged my shoulders, I was too cold, lazy and irritated to care anymore. “Where do we meet?”

 

“Myeongdong shopping district,” Eunji cheered. “That café we always go to. The one where you can fondle cats.”

 

“Uh…” I chuckled. “It’s a cat café.”

 

As I shoved my boots on, I couldn’t help but overhear Kris’s conversation with his new best buddies, Exo-M.

 

“You want me to come where?” he yelled frustratedly into the phone. “I can’t stand-“

 

“You have to come,” Luhan said seriously from the other end. “We’re being terrorised by Jiyeon and her uhm… friends.”

 

I almost dropped to the floor and rolled around in laughter. It was good to know Exo-M was still sane enough to reject the “Barbies” pathetic advances.

 

“Fine,” he grumbled, shooting a flare at me as I sniggered away into his beanie. “If you’re going to set me up on a blind date with any of them, I’ll strangle you.”

 

“No we’re not that evil,” Luhan breathed. “But come anyway, we need to do some catching up.”

 

Catching up was a girl term commonly used by people exactly like Jiyeon and her cronies. I could now just imagine Exo-M sipping on iced lattes with Gucci purses speaking in Gossip Girl voices as they “caught up”. My frustration with Kris was making me go insane. How could I find a simple phrase so funny? Kris stared at me weirdly as I convulsed on the floor like a dying fish.

 

“I’ll be there in about fifteen minutes,” he replied ending the call. He shot me a few strange stares as I struggled to get into a sitting position. “You going out?”

 

“None of your business,” I said, poking my tongue out at him.

 

“Hey,” he called seriously. With a few strides with those horrendously long, slim legs of his, he had me lifted up by the material of my hoodie. I felt like a child. “You’re under my care for now, so tell me where you’re going.”

 

I almost erupted in giggles all over again. Between silent bouts of hysterical laughter I tried choking out an almost incoherent sentence. “You? Caring for me?”

 

“What’s so weird about that?” he whined, shoving me lightly. “I’m mature enough.”

 

“You cocky, arrogant ,” I giggled. “I can take care of myself, thank you very much.”

 

“I’m not letting you go until you tell me,” he responded seriously with a casual cross of his legs. I found my gaze travelling down those slender legs that were adorned with a pair of well-fitting jeans. Heat crept into my cheeks as I shook those thoughts out of my head.

 

“I’m going to some weird cat café with Eunji,” I groaned.

 

“Hmmm, I never knew Eunji would ever like that kind of stuff,” he mused. “The last time I saw her, she was prodding a dead pigeon with a stick.”

 

I chuckled at his joke. Eunji had a morbid sense of humour and I’d never predicted she’d ever be into cats that much. “You’re right.”

 

“Okay, I’m going out with M for some food in Myeongdong, okay?” he asked. I nodded and rolled my eyes.

 

“Yes, yes,” I replied impatiently as I ushered us both out the door. “Let’s just get out of here.” 

 

 

 

A/N:

I have nothing to do with my life other than write this fic... I have a sneaking suspicion our chapters are a little too short for your liking. We'll try make them longer form now on! And just to be annoying, I wrote a crack/ fic featuring the idiotic 12 (EXO) engaging in trolling adventures at their company: Exotic Fashions

» BRB, I think Xiumin just ate all our paperclips!

Any Hunhan, Krislay, Kaisoo or Baekyeol shippers XD Go check it out!