Chapter 24: Real Life Horror

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

The experience was horrifying. I lasted about thirty seconds into the beginning before covering my ears with my hands. Two minutes in, I was singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” in a hushed voice as someone suffered a cruel fate of having their poor hands sawed off by a creepy phantom figure. Five minutes in, I was singing at a much louder volume as Kris tried to shush me in between his howls of hysterical laughter. Ten minutes in, Kris’s face had paled dramatically and was sitting bolt upright and after another five minutes, he was peeking through his fingers. Thirty minutes into the movie, he had jumped onto the sofa along with me and we both fought to hide behind each other. Forty minutes in, we were both shrieking at the top of our lungs at the slightest movement or sound and had our arms and legs tightly wrapped around each other. We were practically wrestling each other to get away from the television screen. And then the worst part was….

 

The power went out.

 

Completely. Utter, pitch black.

 

Fifty minutes after we had begun the movie, a storm had cut off our power. To make our predicament much worse, wind whistled outside creepily and the venetian blinds in the Wu’s bedroom shook horrifically loud. I felt like an axe-wielding serial killer would appear out of nowhere very soon, accompanied with suspenseful violin music.

 

“,” he hissed, his hands shaking. “What do we do now?”

 

“Um…” I whispered back, just as nervous. “Do you have a torch?”

 

“Uh yeah, on the coffee table.” The couch rustled as he got up and the suffocating darkness made me lament his absence.

 

“You found it yet?” I probed shakily. Good timing storm, good timing.

 

“OW!” he yelped. “Mother of puppies!”

 

There was a huge crash and bang before a single torch flickered, brightening up the living area. I sighed in relief only to see Kris lying on the ground, nursing his arm that was bleeding from a shallow gash. “Are you okay?”

 

I rushed to his side as he groaned and sat up. “I think I scraped myself on that.”

 

The offending object was a fruit knife that he had knocked off a fruit bowl. I rolled my eyes even though I was so scared, my knees were shaking. I looked at him sternly and bit my lip to prevent the giggles that were threatening to erupt. “Where’s the first aid kit?”

 

“In the bathroom,” he answered, trying not to wince.

 

“Okay…” I breathed. So, the clumsy idiot expected me to go to the toilet in the dark after we had watched a horror movie? What kind of cruelty was this?

 

“You want me to come with you?” he asked, noticing my complete reluctance to move.

 

“No, no, no,” I blurted, pushing his chest down as he tried to stand up. “Wait for me.”

 

I charged upstairs like a bull after the red flag in an arena. I tripped myself three times on the stairs but managed to stagger into the bathroom after ten minutes of stumbling and howling. I wrenched open the toilet cabinet and bundled the kit into my arms before fleeing downstairs. It was probably the most nerve-wracking experience in my entire life.

 

“I’m back!” I hollered as I almost tumbled down an entire flight of stairs. He smiled widely and chuckled.

 

“Still as clumsy as ever, hey?” he teased.

 

“Shut up,” I mumbled, opening the kit, glad that I had remembered most of what we had learned in health class. “Don’t offend your saviour.”

 

He hissed as I applied disinfectant to the wound and looked at me with wounded, puppy eyes. “Hey, I know we hate each other but is it really necessary to inflict this kind of pain?”

 

I rolled my eyes as I wiped the area clean with a clean cloth and applied a Hello Kitty Band-Aid. Kris grinned, showing all his teeth and held up his arm, flexing his muscles, showing off his ridiculous new Band-Aid. “This is the epitome of manliness.”

 

“Funny,” I replied dryly, helping him up. “But um where are we sleeping tonight?”

 

 

 

A/N:

 

So…. There is fluff, I presume in the next chapter. Thanks for all the comments and love TT^TT we feel very honoured. I know this story is cliché but whatever. It’s freaking enjoyable to write XD