Chapter 1: Ramen Thief

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

My stomach grumbled over the heavenly, smooth voices of my favourite band, Exo-K. Annoyed, I pulled the earphones out of my ears and marched down-stairs in search for food. I pulled open the refrigerator.

 

It was absolutely empty.

 

I looked inside the cupboard in the hope of finding chips or a lone banana.

 

It was empty.

 

Sadly, I was too lazy to cook anything (there was a fifty-year-old piece of pork in the freezer) other than instant ramen so I sat on the sofa, wishing my parents could come home already from their meeting with an “old” friend. After mourning the absence of food for fifteen minutes, I shoved on my shoes and decided to pay a visit the convenience store.

 

I hated the convenience store.

 

The air-con was so high it felt like a freaking furnace, the employees were always too busy making out when they thought I wasn’t looking and the shelves were so high a midget like me had an incredibly hard time trying to reach anything. It took me five minutes to trudge through the snow and was greeted with a blast of warm air as soon as I stepped inside.

 

I knew the way to the section that held the noodles like a blind man. Just as I reached out for the last packet of ramen, another hand clamped over mine, as if wrestling for the same noodles.

 

“E-excuse me?” I stuttered, turning around to see a complete -god gazing deeply into my eyes. I felt like mind was being hacked.

 

“Those noodles, please give them to me,” he replied coolly in a deep, smooth voice. I tightened my grip on the packet.

 

“I believe I reached for them first,” I replied coldly, trying to ignore his smouldering gaze and the blush that was stealthily creeping into my cheeks.

 

“Then, how about you give me the ramen and I’ll pay you back,” he said with a sly smirk. “We could go out for a coffee or something.”

 

“Uh… no thanks,” I replied awkwardly, turning to walk away. Even his dashing good looks weren’t going to persuade me to let go of my only food source. “I got the food first, so I’m going to take it okay?”

 

He arched an eyebrow, running a hand through his sandy, blonde hair. “You won’t regret it if you hand that over to me now.”

 

“Erm-“

 

He leaned down to whisper in my ear, his warm breath tickling my cheek. “I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.”

 

You see, I was not very different from a nun stuck in a convent. I’d never had a history with anything to do with the opposite gender, no dating, no hugging, no kissing and definitely no baby-making. He had me cornered, trapping me on both sides with his long, toned arms and monstrous height. Panicking, I did the only thing I could think of doing. I kicked him as hard as I could in the shins, threw a 1000 won note on the cashier’s counter before sprinting out onto the pavement, crashing into a pole and almost toppling face-forward into the snow.

 

I could feel his gaze burning into my back as I made my getaway.

 

Mr -on-legs was evidently unhappy.

 

But it was the last packet of ramen.

 

No regrets.  

 

 

A/N:

 

Hey guys, I finally updated :)!!!

This was just an introductory chapter so I hope it wasn’t too boring… I have twenty chapters already written so I will be able to update regularly for now.

Thanks to all those who subscribed and commented, I love you all!

Please get ready for more laughs in the next chapter XD

-panda_and_llama

Anyone else ship them XD???