Side Chapter No. 2: First Kiss

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

This was the beginning of our disastrous relationship.

 

The infamous swing incident.

 

Even though Eunji took a particular liking to using the endearing term “nun”, I’d already had my first kiss when I was five years ago with that annoying neighbour of mine. There was a park located near where we lived, where all of us would go play. Kris’s gang and mine, we would all be one happy family for the fifteen minutes we spent there each day and go back to sworn enemies when we got back to school.

 

And it happened that I was on the swing first and Kris was impatiently waiting for me to get off. The other kids were perfectly fine with throwing wet sand bombs at each other but no - Kris had to get on my swing. I shook my head smugly and kicked higher, enjoying the rush of the wind through my hair.

 

“You’ve been on for fifteen minutes already!” he whined, stomping his foot in a childish tantrum. I only swung higher, admiring the stark blueness of the sky, the soaring of the birds and the fluffy white clouds that bobbed aimlessly in the air. He moved in front of the swing and my eyes widened, knowing that I would probably kick him in the face.

 

“Get out of the way!” I shrieked, trying to slow the swing down. He shook his head stubbornly and ducked down just as I swooped over his head. I gave a giant sigh of relief but the second I opened my eyes, he was there again. I shot him a sharp glare and sent a vicious kick his way to fend him off.

 

“Let me on the swing!” he yelled just as loudly.

 

“I will, just wait would you-“

 

The moment his head popped up, he blocked the swing with his long, lean arms and our faces crashed together. Our lips made contact for the shortest moment but I’d toppled off the swing and he had suffered a bleeding nose from the impact.

 

The most romantic first kiss ever.

 

Not. 

 

 

A/N:

 

Hey guys, how did you enjoy this funny little side chapter? I wanted to provide some insight into why they started hating each other and the painful beginning to their relationship. I SHIP THIS COUPLE SO BAD! Um but yeah… all my characters are like my babies and I feel like a granny looking through baby photo albums….

I’m not called grandpa at school for nothing ==”