Chapter 16: Burglar (of My Heart)

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

We were lucky that it was the weekend and that our parents were too preoccupied with the Wu’s new garden to force us to bond again. Unfortunately, it was also time to take Kris around Seoul along with Exo-M and Eunji so I had to again, deprive myself of two hours of sleep just so I could get up and prepare. As I dragged a brush through my hair and threw it into a messy ponytail I felt dread pooling in my stomach. We had decided to go today because everyone else would be off to all corners of Earth in the winter break.

 

“Hey Hee-hee.” An annoying voice called. I was so used to it, I didn’t even flinch.

 

“Hmmm, did I just hear someone’s voice?” I said sweetly, feigning ignorance. “That’s strange, I don’t remember anyone being here.”

 

“You ready?” he called again, materialising at the bathroom door.

 

“Is there a ghost in our house?” I mused, brushing straight past him, smirking as he rushed to the mirror to check if he still existed.

 

“Stop joking around with me,” he whined.

 

I patted his head and then his shoulders, pretending I couldn’t even see him. “What is this lump here?”

 

“YAH! CHOI MINHEE!”  he yelled, stamping his foot. I smirked into my hand and composed my face into a smooth mask of calm.

 

“That was a thumping sound, I suspect there may be a robber or burglar in our house,” I murmured, staring straight past Kris’s shoulder.

 

“What?” he panicked, not realising I was referring to him. “Where!?”

 

There was a stray umbrella, the same one I had used to fend him off when he was half- and raised it up in a threatening manner. Kris looked around wildly, determined to protect the “damsel” in distress as the “man” he was. I raised the umbrella and whacked his chest harshly, shrieking like a madwoman.

 

“I FOUND THE BURGLAR!” I began poking and prodding different areas of his body as he yelped, looking like a lost little school-boy. Defeated, he curled up in a foetal position on the floor and covered his head. I erupted into laughter, feeling very victorious until I felt my feet slipping from under me.

 

Kris had picked me up.

 

Bridal style.

 

“Let me go,” I mumbled in defeat, clutching onto his shoulders in fear of losing my life as he descended the stairs really quite gracefully. He smirked and swung me for effect as I squealed in a mixture of fear and exhilaration. I jabbed his chest violently as he continued to joke around, pretending that he was going to drop me from the stair-case.

 

“Hey midget!” Eunji’s voice through the house and I realised with dread that Kris might’ve left the door open as he came in to invade my private space. She dropped her bags of groceries as she saw us in the most compromising position. Kris, startled dropped my on the floor. Lay entered seconds later to find me doubled over in pain and a look of mortification painted over Kris’s face.

 

“Err….” He breathed. “Hey guys.”

 

“If we’re interrupting something…” Eunji trailed off with her trademark smirk.

 

“It’s not what it looks like!” I defended, blushing profusely as I jumped to my feet.

 

“Oh really now?” Kris replied, nudging me and sending me a wink. Lay knew us well enough to know we were probably going to start fighting again so he held up some steaming bowls of takeaway street food.

 

“Um anyone want breakfast?”

 

A hungry Exo-M piled up behind him and lunged for the bowl. 

 

A/N:

LOL, I have  fluffy "Krismas" side chapter on the way.....

Oh and thanks to those who clicked the "upvote" button, I whole heartedly appreciate the support for this silly little story XD

 

mrsbyunbacon

MintyPetals

proudvip

creamysmiles

CyJinliTurtle

AnonPhantom

Q-Yura97

Yurakim06

Yuyuu13

HappyJunior95

painful--doubleyou

Flaming_oppa

dubiousrae

shannonigan

charmallama