Chapter 2: A Meeting

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

Yesterday was just like any other day, featuring me waking up, going to school, eating, doing my homework and then going back to bed. The end.

 

I was hoping that today would be that kind of day.

 

A normal day. 

 

“AH MY LOVELY DAUGHTER, RISE AND SHINE,I was aroused by the familiar bellowing of my mother who was shaking me violently as if I was some kind of rag-doll. The cheerful tone of her voice immediately made me suspicious; usually she woke me up by rolling me unceremoniously onto the floor.

 

“Minhee! Quickly go and change. Do you remember Mr and Mrs Wu? They’ve finally come back from Canada! This is a joyful moment for us all! Hurry!”

 

She zoomed off and I groaned, my voice thick with sleep. In a sleepy haze, I pulled on a random pair of track pants and a hoodie, and went downstairs where my parents were busily talking with the guests. They were a couple, middle aged distinctively Chinese. They greeted me cheerfully; their faces looked a little familiar and I probably would’ve recognised them except that my brain was still in a zombie state.

 

“Ah Minhee’s blossomed into a fine young lady! Do you still remember us? It’s been such a long time!” Mrs Wu exclaimed, clapping her hands together in glee. I smiled stiffly, trying to wake myself up a little more. I probably looked like a mess; I hadn’t brushed my teeth or done so much as run my fingers through my hair.

 

I frowned, and studied her face.

 

Nothing.

 

I frowned, and examined at her face again hoping something would go off in my brain.

 

Then, the sudden realization punched me in the face.

 

OH HELL NO. This could not be the Mrs Wu that had a son who had terrorised me for most of my childhood-

 

A tall, broad-shouldered male materialised behind his mother, looking down at me with the most innocent expression. He smirked as soon as he caught sight of me scowling.

 

“Do you still remember Kris? Our son?” Mrs Wu said, poking the guy affectionately.

 

OH MY GOD.

 

That was the guy that tried to steal my ramen.

 

I smiled falsely. “Oh! Um, of course… Yes I do!”

 

I lied.

 

Oh wow I’m such a badass.

 

Hahaha.

 

Funny.

 

Not.

 

“Hello. I’m Kris. Remember me?” He asked, the corners of his mouth threatening to turn up into a smirk.

 

I smiled painfully back. It actually was so hard arranging my face into a smile in front of Kris Wu who was so arrogantly smiling down at me. The pains of being a midget.

 

Ha. Funny

 

“Yeah! I remember you.” *as the erted, flirty, ramen-stealing * I added mentally in my head.

 

There was not one day that I forgot about Kris Wu.

 

Kris Wu, the guy that made my childhood a living hell.

 

Kris Wu, the playboy.

 

Kris Wu, my arch nemesis.

 

“Minhee ah! Guess what?” my father asked, smiling a little too cheerfully for the morning. None of my family were morning people. Mr and Mrs Wu had sure made my parents’ day.

 

“What?” I said tentatively, not sure if I wanted to hear the reply.

 

“They just moved in yesterday so you’ll be seeing each other every day now!” my father told me beaming so hard his face looked a satellite dish.

 

“Oh, and also, Kris is going to be in the same class as you tomorrow!” my mother added cheerfully, “So you’ll be seeing him every day!”

 

OH HELL NO.

 

 

A/N:

 

And so the two worlds collided XD

How did you like their first meeting? Trust me, the real action starts now….

Thanks to all my lovely commenters and subbies, I love you all. I made my fingers numb trying to reply to all of your comments, I’m so sorry if I missed you TT_TT

Virtual kiss guys ;)