Chapter 26: Fluff Overload

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

I found myself sniffling into my cocoon of blankets, shaking with the flashbacks that were playing in my mind. The cupboard we had been locked in was dark and there were creepy sounds, weird smells and at one point, a man had come and knocked on the door, trying to get us out. We were blessed that the “Barbies” had decided to lock us in, we later discovered he was a notorious that had escaped from prison that very day. My body shook silently and I smeared tears over my cheek, trying to wipe them off with the sleeve of my pyjama. We were so young and how close we got to being abused left me with horrible, chilling nightmares for months afterwards. Jiyeon materialised in my all-too-real dreams as a demon with flashing, cold, red eyes.

 

I never saw her the same way again.

 

And I felt stupid, idiotic, pathetic and weak. The horror movie only further stimulated my vivid flashbacks, phantom figures drawing trails of blood behind them as they hovered over the ground. I heard screams, terrible screams of anguish and death. I clutched the blankets tighter and tighter around me before I realised I was shaking so violently that my teeth were chattering and hot tears were rolling down my cheeks.

 

“Don’t cry, you idiot,” I croaked. “Don’t be weak.”

 

I thought of Kris, annoying, irritating Kris but Kris who had made me laugh so heartily in the Haunted House, had enough sensitivity not to tease me at my most vulnerable moment. The fear was gnawing a hole in my stomach as cold sweat dripped down my face. Without hesitation, I threw my blankets aside and zoomed upstairs, almost tripping myself five times in the process. When I finally hurtled into his room, I found him sleeping peacefully on his side, the moonlight filtering in through the curtains to illuminate his face, highlighting his sharp features. His lashes were so pretty. I digress.

 

“Kris,” I mumbled. “I’m not taking no for an answer but can I sleep with you?”

 

A small series of soft snores escaped from his lips as he rolled over, sprawling out over his bed. I cussed under my breath and rolled him over, slipping into bed beside him. It took about five seconds for him to roll over again, this time crushing me under him. I grunted and pushed him off me, pulling his blanket tight around my own body as the storm howled outside. He groaned sleepily and rolled off me, only to crash onto the floor after rolling over the edge. I tried stifling my laughter with my hand and it came out as muffled snorts.

 

“HEY BRO, IT AIN’T COOL WHEN YOU MESS WITH MY SLEEP,” he bellowed, getting back onto the bed and throwing his arms around me, voice thick with sleep. I squirmed uncomfortably in his tight embrace.

 

“Okay I’m sorry,” I hissed. “But could you stop pretending to be a boa constrictor snake?”

 

There was a silence before he hugged me even tighter, squishing my left cheek against his chest before he muttered. “I told you, you would eventually come running to me.”

 

And I wasn’t sure if he was sleep-talking or not. But snuggled in his warm arms, my breathing started to ease and my eyelids started drooping. I struggled to keep myself awake, I didn’t want to him to wake up to see me in this kind of compromising position but the comfort and warmth were too much for me to resist so I let my lids close before I fell into a deep, relaxed, nightmare-free slumber.

 

 

 

 

When I woke up again, it was 10:30 in the morning and Kris was nowhere to be found and I was glad that I hadn’t had to endure his endless teasing. I hauled myself from his bed and ran three fingers through my completely messed up hair. In my haste, I tripped over the bed and fell flat on my face.

 

“Good morning sunshine,” Kris teased as he helped me up.

 

“Go away,” I whined. “Is the power still out?”

 

“Nice way to treat your saviour,” he huffed. “Yeah it is, it’s good, we have some baked beans and chips in the cupboard.”

 

“Basically you’re saying we have to live like cavemen for as long as the power is out?” I asked, arms crossed as I tried to hide my own embarrassment.

 

“Pretty much,” he sighed. “Yeah.”

 

“Okay, well bring it on,” I replied, full of confidence. “I don’t go to camps that involve bugs and tents for no reason. We’ve got this.”

 

Kris replied with a dubious look and a grunt. 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

The title pretty much says it all :D I finally made up for being a tease! Anyways, I’m starting to think the pictures at the bottom of each chapter are getting a bit immature but whatever, I think it’s funny. /immature author is shot/