Chapter 6: Food Fight

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

Lunch was the best opportunity for Eunji to tease me. She stretched her hands over her head as she scrutinised me stuffing my face with rice. “I absolutely adore you, biffle.”

 

“Well those feelings certainly aren’t mutual,” I retorted, mouth full.

 

“Oh come on,” she teased. “You entertain me.”

 

I went back to stabbing my food viciously and a comfortable silence grew over the two of us.

 

“May we join you ladies for lunch?” A smooth voice interrupted Eunji’s smirking and my eating. I looked up to see Lay smiling gently down at us while the rest of Exo-M bundled around him. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to my fascinating, shrivelled vegetables.

 

“No-“

 

“Sure,” Eunji said quickly, pulling out a chair. “We would be most honoured.”

 

I huffed and went back to stuffing my cheeks with food.

 

“Hey Hee-hee.” Kris was also sitting with us and using the most irritating nickname on me. Oh kill me now.

 

“Eyo waddup crease,” I replied, drawing out his name in a ridiculous manner. Kris looked horrified at my accent. Exo-M had to bite their lips in order not to snigger. Chen noticed the tension between us and decided to but in.

 

“So you guys are good friends?”

 

“You think?” I scoffed. “This guy is the epitome of arrogance-“

 

“Hotness and intelligence,” he interrupted, stealing half a boiled egg from my tray. Outraged, I smacked him on the head, making Exo-M erupt in chuckles.

 

“Hey! Don’t touch my food you pig!”  I yelled.

 

“Technically, it’s not yours, I bought it for you,” Eunji pointed out. Kris turned to my evil best friend with an innocent smile.

 

“Eunji, can I please have some pork?”

 

“Of course!” she replied, smiling just as cheerily. He reached over and snatched my biggest piece of meat, much to my annoyance. I swore the two of them were spawn of the devil, perfect for each other. Lay noticed my scowling and quickly shovelled some beef into my bowl.

 

“Here, have some of mine,” he offered graciously. “I’m not hungry anyway.”

 

“I want some too!” Tao whined, pouting. Lay rolled his eyes and handed some to the hungry maknae.

 

“Thanks,” I replied, shooting him a smile. Too think of it now, he wasn’t all that bad looking with his adorable dimples and fluffy, black hair. Kris just sat and chewed on my pork, exaggerating his enjoyment of the stolen food just to annoy me. I reached over and stole a fish fillet from his tray in retaliation. Kris really liked his fish; I remembered that much from our childhood.

 

“Yah!” he cried, flicking a pea in my direction.

 

“Okay guys, um how about we-“ Luhan looked panicked as I stood up with a handful of salad.

 

“The evil we never prevail!” I declared as Eunji smashed her face into her palms in dismay. I threw the handful of salad in his face and watched as a few lone pieces of lettuce floated from his hair to the floor. I smirked in satisfaction, dusted off my hands and sat back down, much to Exo-M’s amazement.

 

“Oh you’re going to get it, Hee-hee,” he mocked, opening his water bottle and spraying me in the face.

 

“Ew!” I complained, wiping my face with my arms. “That has your disgusting saliva in it!”

 

“Well, not my problem,” Kris replied nonchalantly, recapping his bottle with an air of victory. I huffed in irritation reached into my bag. Moments later, I emerged with my bottle and dumped the entire contents of it over his head. The had the nerve to pretend he was acting in a shower gel commercial as a torrent of water fell over his head. Exo-M and Eunji roared in laughter.

 

Squeals erupted in the cafeteria from the girls, the loudest coming from our school’s resident Barbie dolls, Boram, Eunjung, Jiyeon and Hyomin. However, our enjoyment was cut short with the dreaded bellowing of our principal.

 

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU KIDS ARE DOING?” 

 

 

A/N:

 

Hey guys! Thanks for all the sweet comments, I showed my fic to my friends at school and they find it embarrassingly good. I’m sorry if there are cringe-worthy moments…..

Thanks for bearing with me, virtual hugs for every single one of you!