Chapter Ninety Seven

Between Betrayal and Lust

They all stared at Hyuk. They were waiting for it. Hyuk dusted off his knees and got up. They all took a step away from him, still waiting for the outburst. Hyuk lifted his head and a wide grin was visible. They all gasped.

'Hae is happy isn't he?' He uttered and walked slowly towards the lake to watch his boyfriend play.

'Awww, it's good to see that his jealousy has toned down.' Min said.

'Hey, Hyuk, you do realise that playing with water involves getting your clothes wet and then removing them, right?' Kyu shouted towards the fire handler.

Hyuk stopped walking. His shoulders tensed up and he flashed away, leaving a trail of fire.

'That's my boy.' Kyu smiled, not minding the soft slap Min gave him.

'You had to push it, didn't you?' Min growled.

'Yup, that grin just freaked me out!'

 

'Something is up, right?' Min sat down next to Yesung and GD. They all had gathered together at the Lee's mansion for a huge bbq. The leaders had retreated once more to discuss something.

'Yeah.' Yesung simply said, his eyes on the vampires splashing about in the lake.

'Care to inform me?' Min asked.

'I know no more than you do. Heechul is hiding it as much as he can but they are all scared to death.' Yesung sighed.

GD remained silent.

'I guess it still isn't over then.' Min bit his lip. His eyes were following Hae who was fooling around with Henry, TOP and Daesung.

Henry walked out of the water, exhausted. Amber just stared as her eyes scanned his pale form. Their eyes met. His were sad. She stopped herself from walking over to him. The contact broke off as Taeyeon approached him with a towel and he thanked her kindly for it.

 

Hae conjured a wave and surfed underneath it with precision. Taemin was tumbling around right above it, imitating Hae's movements.

The audience clapped. TOP grabbed Hae and hugged him tight. 'You did well, fishy!'

'Thanks, TOP!' Hae smiled.

The leaders came out and mixed with the rest.

'I'll conjure one for you, Daesung!' Hae yelled and created a wave.

Daesung looked a bit uncertain and grabbed a wooden plank and got into position, remembering all the tips Hae gave him earlier. He started off really well but at the end he lost his balance and fell, his head hit the plank. Hyuk quickly dove in and grabbed the stunned boy. He carried him to the side, sat him down carefully.

'Are you ok, Dae?' Hae came running. 'I'm sorry, the wave was a bit too wild, I'm so sorry.'

A little drop of blood ran down Dae's cut cheek, horrifying the water handler. Before he could start healing, Hyuk already gently cupped Daesung's face and held his hand against the cut, conjuring flames. Daesung looked up in full admiration at the fire handler.

'Oh, oh.' Yesung mumbled.

'What?' Heechul asked.

Yesung remained silent as he saw Hae retreat and sit down a bit further, watching Hyuk taking care of the wounded vampire.

Kyu got up but was held back by Yesung.

'Don't.'

'Why not? He feels bad.' Kyu said.

'It's good that he sees this side of Hyuk.' Yesung said.

'But look at him!' Kyu mumbled, his eyes on the sad water handler.

'Kyu, he's insanely jealous but feels he can't be since he blames himself for Daesung getting hurt. Let him work out those feelings. We baby him too much.' Yesung said firmly.

'Says the one that gets all high on Hae's aura.' Heechul snorted.

'Let's just see how he'll handle this.' Yesung said.

 

'TOP?' Hae asked cutely.

'Yeah?'

'What does Dae like?'

TOP frowned, thinking deeply. 'He likes pretty flowers.'

'Thank you.' Hae said and he ran off.

Hyuk saw his lover run towards the forest and wanted to follow but Kyu stopped him. 'I'll protect him.'

A half an hour later Hae came back, holding all kinds of rare wild flowers and handed them over to Daesung.

'Thank you, Hae! I love them, they are so beautiful!' Daesung was overjoyed.

'Awww you are so cute!' Hyuk laughed at Daesung.

Hae froze completely.

Hyuk failed to notice. 'Hae, get him a vase so they get water.' His eyes never left the wounded vampire.

Hae just stood there for a second, overwhelmed by his feelings. He wanted Daesung to just disappear so his Hyukkie would only look at him with tenderness.

'And try not to break anything while you search for it.' Hyuk added.

The water in the lake suddenly got rougher. Little waves were seen everywhere with some foam on top.

'How oblivious is that monkey?' Yesung cussed as he saw Hae run into the house, barely holding his tears back.

A couple of minutes later Hae returned with a vase. Daesung thanked him and admired his gift some more.

'Want me to bring you some food?' Hyuk asked him.

'Yea, Hyukkie, I want some sausage and chicken.' Hae beamed.

'Hae, you can get it yourself, I meant poor Dae.' Hyuk said.

Hae lowered his head and slowly walked to the table.

'Oh my god, this is breaking my heart.' Min mumbled.

'Your friend is an idiot.' Kyu growled.

'Now suddenly he is only my friend, huh?' Min said.

TOP tried to lift Hae's mood and looked upset when he didn't manage to.

'GD, I'm bored.' TOP whined as he tried to look away from Hae's sad face.

'Go play with Daesung.' GD rolled his eyes.

'But he looks still hurt.' TOP said.

'He isn't, he just likes the attention he's getting.' GD said.

TOP walked over to Daesung and just grabbed his wrist. 'Let's play hide and seek!'

'Careful with him!' Hyuk shouted.

A raindrop hit Hyuk's nose.

'Wow.' Yesung outed.

Hyuk looked up in confusion. It was a bright sunny day yet raindrop after raindrop fell upon him.

'Look at the lake.' Kyu whispered.

Huge waves crashed against each other.

Hae walked up to them. 'I don't feel so good, I'm going to rest.' He said and quickly left inside the house.

'Why won't he just yell at that of a boyfriend?' Kyu roared, ready to beat up the fire handler.

'Kyu...' Min warned.

Kyu sat back down, crossing his arms.

'This is going to be one long day.' Yesung sighed as he eyed the still confused Hyuk staring at the sky.