Chapter Four

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Give it up Heechul.' Hyuk said calmly, his eyes never leaving Hae's. He shot another trail of fire in between the Kim's. Sungmin let some lightning loose.

'Sunny?' Hyuk asked.

'He's secure.' She gently wrapped the wood around Hae to protect him from possible attacks.

'Heechul, they are too strong, we better retreat!' Kangin warned.

'Later, es.' Heechul cackled and flashed off. The rest of his clan followed right behind.

Sunny ordered the wood to disappear while the flames extinguished.

'Where is Cho Kyuhyun?' Hae asked.

'You should worry about your own safety first!' Hyuk snarled.

'Kneel!' Sungmin whispered.

'What?' Hae frowned.

'Kneel, he's our leader.'

'Hell no.'

Hyuk held a fire ball in the palm of his hand and approached Hae. Hyuk's eyes were royal blue but if you looked deeply in them you could see a blue flame flickering.

'Are you questioning my authority?' Hyuk hissed.

'Not really, I just don't know you, I don't kneel in front of strangers.'

'Just kneel and we'll bring you to that Kyuhyun guy.' Sunny whispered.

Hae dropped immediately onto his knees.

'Good boy' Hyuk smirked. He circled around Hae. 'What have you learned so far?'

'That I must have pissed off some God in a previous life.' Hae deadpanned.

Sungmin started laughing. Hyuk was not amused though.

'Let me tell you what I've learned.' Hyuk hissed, grabbing a fistful of Hae's hair. 'You must be the slowest, most moronic vampire in the history of all living creatures. You spilled your blood everywhere, endangering everyone that is close to you. You are utterly clueless and to add to it, you have zero skill. I'm considering ending your miserable life and wait for a couple more decades for a better version.'

'I-I endanger people?' Hae said softly.

'Yes, your reckless behaviour put your friend in grave danger.' Hyuk said coldly.

Hae nodded as a sign he understood.

'Let's continue this at home.' The leader turned around.

Hyuk felt a soft hand on his wrist and looked back.

'Please, help me change.' Hae looked up at Hyuk, tears on the brim of falling from his eyes. Hyuk could only stare. Those eyes...the legendary sapphire eyes. For a second Hyuk felt compassion. He just nodded and flashed away. Sunny held Hae's hand and followed behind Sungmin.

 

They arrived at a huge mansion. Hae immediately ran towards Kyu and hugged him tight. He started crying, letting all his fears out.

'Hey now, my fish, all is well.' Kyu soothed.

'Kyu' Hae sobbed and tried to get even closer to his friend.

'Do you think they have a thing going on?' Sunny asked Sungmin. The latter just smiled.

'Meeting in my office in ten, make sure everyone is there.' Hyuk ordered and left the room.

 

'Okay people, I want you to introduce yourselves.' Hyuk ordered. 'I'll start.'

'I'm Lee Hyukjae, head of this family. I'm a fire handler.' Hyuk let a flame escape a finger tip.

Kyu applauded, earning frowns. 'Sorry but that was kinda cool.' He mumbled and slumped back on the couch.

'I'm Lee Sungmin, nice to meet you.' He smirked and stretched out a hand towards Kyu who automatically shook it. He got a shock though. 'Lightening is my thing.' the bunny smiled innocently. Kyu glared while Donghae laughed.

'I'm Lee Sunny, wood.' She whispered.

'I'm Lee Amber and you are soooo cute.' She pinched Hae's cheeks. Hae started blushing immediately.

'Amber!' Hyuk snarled.

'Sorry, boss. I handle earth by the way!'

'Hi there, I'm Taemin.' The kid suddenly rose up and airsurfed through the room. 'Air'.

'And I'm Onew, metal.'

Hae bowed to them all and said his and Kyu's name.

'So, what is Hae's thing?' Kyu asked.

'I have a thing?' Hae's eyes widened.

Hyuk facepalmed. 'He really does not connect any dots, does he?'

'You are our water handler, my dear.' Sungmin said softly.

'Oh cool! How about Kyu?'

'I'm human, silly.' Kyu laughed.

'The best he can be, is food.' Hyuk snorted.