Chapter Ninety

Between Betrayal and Lust

The battle was taking its toll. Vampires and hunters on both sides were wounded and exhausted. Taeyeon had fainted, completely drained from healing power. There had been opportunities on both sides where they could have killed the opponent but something deep inside of them made them hesitate just long enough to give their enemy time to recover and block the attack.

Hyuna started singing, her words were putting Yesung into a trance. He started walking like a zombie towards her. Hae saw it happening and quickly surrounded Hyuna with water.

'What the hell are you doing?' Hyuk shouted, thinking he was protecting the enemy once again.

Kyu snapped his head to them, ready to scold his best friend.

'No, he's right. She was affecting Yesung with her singing, Hae deformed it with the water.' Heechul shouted.

'What is going on over there?' Key yelled.

They all looked at where he was pointing.

The bright, green grass shriveled up to brown, the flowers crumbled and the trees were losing their leaves, branches hanging low. GD was slowly walking forward, draining nature by force.

'You can't do that!' Hae shouted.

'I'll stop as soon as you are gone.' GD said fiercely.

Ryeowook was pinned down by Hyunseung, one of the latter's daggers at his throat. GD's destructive wave almost reached them.

Kyu quickly moved to them, grabbed Hyunseung from behind and threw him a few feet away. Then he quickly lifted Wookie and managed to escape GD's draining.

'I guess he did evolve as well.' Hyuk sighed.

'How can you do that?' Hae shouted again. 'How can you destroy nature?'

GD was startled by the broken voice of the water handler.

'Why do you care so much?' GD snarled.

'Look at what you are doing? It's so wrong!' Hae answered, tears welling up in his eyes.

A little bunny suddenly hopped in the soon to be ruined area. Hae gasped. He flashed towards it and quickly lifted it up. As he wanted to flash away, his foot slipped and he fell down. The bunny escaped to safety as Hae cried out in pain. GD was draining him. It felt like millions of needles were stabbing his foot, as if gravity had become ten times stronger, as if his foot was being yanked off. Onew stumbled towards Hae and pulled him to safety, Hyuk quickly flashed to him and started to heal his lover. Taeyang wrapped a rope around Onew's throat while Hongki pulled the metal handler towards him.

'Onew!' Sungmin screamed.

'Put him right there.' GD ordered. 'Let me show you what will happen to all of your friends until you surrender.' He growled at Hae.

'NO!' Hae shouted as he saw the grass around Onew turn to dust.

'Enough!' A voice boomed through the air. They were all blinded with light and had to adjust a couple of seconds before they recognised Luna.

She walked over to Onew, GD's power didn't touch her. She kneeled and looked into Onew's eyes. She saw the pain and desperation. 'I told you before, I prefer it when you smile.' She whispered to him.

'M-my lady.' Onew uttered.

They all bowed to the Park, confused by her presence.

'Why are you here?' GD asked, his head down, showing his respect.

Luna ignored the question and slowly walked up to Hae. Hyuk tensed.

Luna smiled. 'Don't worry, I'm not going to harm him.' She said. Her eyes met Hae's. She slowly cupped his face. 'So many have suffered because of you.' She spoke gently but the words cut into Hae. 'You are even more handsome in real.' She continued. 'I've been watching you for decades as I watched the previous water handlers before you. You really are as troublesome as they were. I think you actually excel in it, you are the worst one.'

Onew got up and forced himself towards Luna and Hae. 'My lady, why such cruel words?'

Luna sensed Onew's disapproval and winced. 'Don't misunderstand me. I'm only enlightening this oblivious man on the ripple he caused throughout the centuries.'

'Why is everyone after him, he's innocent!' Hyuk finally spoke up.

Luna smiled bitterly. 'He is dangerous. Look at what he has established.'

'This has to do with the prophecy, doesn't it?' Heechul said as he stepped forward.

Luna let her eyes glide over every single one of the vampires and hunters present. 'I have been so blinded.' She laughed at herself. 'I was blessed with the power of vision, I could spy into your lives easily yet I was so blind.' A tear rolled down her cheek.

'My lady, don't cry.' Onew whispered, her agony causing him more pain than his wounds.

'It's too late.' Luna said. 'I see the truth too late.'