Chapter Sixty Eight

Between Betrayal and Lust

'You have to remain strong, baby.' Hyuk whispered. They had laid themselves down on the bed, both on their sides, facing each other.

Tears were welling up in Hae's eyes. 'Don't leave me.'

Hyuk swallowed and his hand Hae's cheek. 'I'll do anything to get you out of here. How's Kyu to you?'

Hae's bottom lip trembled. 'He's in so much pain, Hyukkie. Some moments he seems like he was before and then he suddenly gets cold and cruel. We need to save him.'

'It all depends if he wants to be saved or not.' Hyuk whispered. 'But I won't harm him, not only cause you asked me to but also because that brat grew on me and I miss him.'

Hyuk tried to lift himself off the bed but Hae circled his arms around his neck. 'Don't!' Hae yelled.

'Baby, we promised, don't make this harder.' Hyuk choked out, willing himself not to hug the younger back.

'Hyukkie, noooo!' Hae screamed as the other removed Hae's arms from his neck.

'Please.' Hyuk whispered as this was one of the hardest things he ever had to do.

Hae was clinging himself onto his lover, tears were streaming down. 'I can't be without you.' He shouted.

Hyuk closed his eyes for a second and then slammed Hae to the wall, he kissed the boy passionately, expressing every emotion he was  feeling. When he let go, he had tied the younger to the wall with fire. Hae's eyes widened and he tried to struggle. He tried to extinguish the flames but couldn't. 'Hyuk!'

'Sorry that I had to use these on you, baby.' Hyuk said as he gave him one more tender kiss. He turned his back, grabbed Amber and left the room. Hae's pleads were cutting into him like knives. As soon as the door was closed and Kyu had locked it, Hyuk called back the flames. He could hear Hae run to the door and bang onto it screaming his name. Hyuk stared at Kyu.

'Don't look at me like that.' Kyu mumbled.

'Thank you.' Hyuk said as he started to walk, leaving a startled Kyu behind.

 

 Yunho had brought Sungmin to a different part of the house.

'Why are you doing this?' The hunter asked.

Sungmin smiled gently. 'To save Kyu.'

'Save Kyuhyun? From what?'

'Himself.'

Yunho looked at the vampire. 'You are the one that bit him.'

Sungmin flinched but forced himself to relax and finally nodded. 'I shouldn't have. It had been better if I had died that day.'

Yunho thought deeply for a bit and then answered. 'Kyuhyun would still have awakened one day.'

Sungmin's head snapped up as his eyes made contact with the hunter's.

Yunho opened a door. 'You'll be staying here.' He guided Sungmin through a luxurious room, he opened another door to a smaller empty room that just had a bed.

'Who's room was that?' Sungmin asked as he pointed at the adjacent room.

'Our leader's.' Yunho simply said as he turned around, locked the room and walked back out.

 

Hyuk was met with a lot of questioning looks. 'Hae's alright.' He told his clanmates as his eyes reassured Siwon.

'I would like you all to respect the deals made and to leave us.' Kyu said.

Heechul slowly walked up to the hunter. 'You've come a long way.'

Kyu stared coldly at him. 'Pardon?'

'From that whimpering, pathetic human to this mighty ice cold head of the hunters.' Heechul continued.

'Your point being?'

Heechul smirked. 'I'm starting to like you!' He smacked Kyu's shoulder and then returned to the others.

'They are all so weird.' Changmin said.

'You look better yourself.' Jessica whispered to Kyu.

Kyu looked at her and then realised for the first time in awhile, his scar was not killing him, there still was a slight throb but that was nothing compared to before.

Suddenly Krystal started running towards the vampires, her rod spinning rapidly.

'What is she doing?'Jessica screamed out.

'It's not cause all of you have gone soft that I agree with it!' Krystal yelled as she prepared for attack.

Kyu cursed as he noticed she was going for Hyuk. He quickly acted and forged a rod himself while he jumped in between the two and caught the attack.

Krystal's eyes widened as she saw her leader blocking her. What was even more shocking was the fact that while he was doing that he had his back to a vampire, to that fire handler. He put himself in a vulnerable position.

'What are you doing, Krystal?' Kyu asked angrily.

'What the hell are you doing, Kyu?' She shouted back at him.

Kyu felt someone trying to get to him and he glared around until he found Jonghyun who was smiling wickedly at him. 'You better cut that out.' Kyu yelled.

All eyes went to the Kim's torture expert.

'Jonghyun, what are you doing?' Yesung questioned.

'Stand down, Jonghyun!' Heechul ordered.

But the vampire seemed possessed, he slowly walked towards Kyu, making sure he inflicted painful images to the hunter. Kyu started panting, trying to block those images.

Yesung hit Jonghyun hard with his fist, but the latter barely flinched.

'Something is seriously wrong with him, Heechul!' Yesung shouted.

'You are the weak ones, despicable!' Jonghyun uttered.

'Let's leave this place.' Krystal said.

They both flashed away.

'What the hell is going on?' Jessica screamed.