Chapter Seventy

Between Betrayal and Lust

'So they just want eternal life and rule all of us?' Jonghyun seethed with anger.

GD nodded slowly.

'You really think Kyu would kill all hunters to get more powerful?' Krystal asked.

Suddenly two people entered the room, holding hands.

'This is Hyuna and Hyunseung.' GD said. 'Hyuna is a Kim and Hyunseung is a hunter.'

They all bowed to each other.

Hyunseung approached Krystal. 'The previous head of the hunters killed me.' He said, his eyes all serious.

'But Kyu is different.' Krystal tried.

'Are you sure? Cause the previous one pretended to be a good friend of mine, right until he stabbed me.' Hyunseung said softly, sadness apparent in his eyes.

Krystal broke down and cried.

Hyuna approached Jonghyun, who was slightly bewitched by the sensual woman. 'The same with our leader.' She whispered. 'They are all the same, they just want ultimate power, even if they have to kill their own clan mates.'

'But we will stop that!' GD said firmly.

'How?' Krystal asked.

'The link is the water handler of the Lee's. That boy must die.' GD said, remembering what Leeteuk had whispered to him.

 

Kyu was sweating badly and his head was tossed from left to right.  A deep frown between his eyes as his body convulsed. Suddenly he started screaming. It woke Sungmin up. The vampire jumped up and tried the door, but it was locked. He heard Kyu scream again.

'Kyu! What's going on?' Sungmin shouted as he kicked the door.

As Kyu yelled for the third time, Min had used all of his power to reduce the door to a smoking pile of bent metal. Min ran up to Kyu and saw the hunter was still fast asleep.

'Oh, you are having a nightmare.' He whispered as he started to shake him softly. 'Wake up, Kyu.'

Kyu's eyes snapped open, they looked wild, unfocused and very silver. He growled as he threw Min beside him on the bed and got on top, his hand clasped around the other's throat.

Instinctively Min felt this was a crucial time, he completely relaxed and tried to appear submissive so Kyu could calm down. 'You were having a nightmare.'

Kyu's eyes were focusing. He quickly looked at the door and then back to Min. He cocked up an eyebrow.

'I-I heard you s-scream and I was worried.' Min stuttered as he started to blush.

The grasp on his throat weakened a bit.

Slowly Min reached out his hand, as if he had to calm down an animal. He wiped away a drop of sweat on Kyu's face. 'What's wrong?'

Kyu tried to control his breathing and his heart rate but the second Min touched him they went out of control again. He lowered himself and rested himself on top of the vampire, his head against the other's neck.

Min Kyu's back to calm him down, enjoying the closeness. He felt something wet against his neck and frowned. He checked Kyu's face and his heart stopped as he saw tears. Min swallowed and bit his lip. He could handle a lot but a crying Kyu broke his heart.

'Please don't cry.' Min whispered.

Kyu started to cry even harder.

'Shhhhh.' Min started to rock the hunter a little to sooth him.

'I have that nightmare a lot.' Kyu confessed.

'Hmmmm.' Min hummed.

'It's a replay of what happened in my previous life, h-how it ended.' Kyu mumbled.

'You dream about your death?' Min gasped.

'Yes, over and over again. How he hurt me, betrayed me, used me and got me killed.'

Min searched his own memory. 'Didn't you fall off a cliff and got hit by a train?' He frowned.

'I was tortured and left for dead on the train tracks.' Kyu said.

'Tortured?'

'Yeah, drowning games. Every time I fainted cause of air loss, he would pull me back up and wake me again to start all over. He would cut me everywhere with his little darts and he would laugh when I cried.'

'That is horrible.'

'He lured me in by saying he wanted peace between all vampires and hunters. He made it sound so attractive.'

'Wait, a vampire did that to you? Who?' Min frowned.

Kyu buried his face even deeper against Min.

'You can tell me.' Min whispered.

'Hae.'

Min's eyes widened. 'What?!'

'It was h-him, well the previous water handler.'

Min froze at that statement. No wonder that Kyu is acting this way towards Hae. Min had sensed the weird mixture of hate and fear towards Hae.

'He'll do it again, Min, he's befriending everyone and he will betray us all again, he will hurt you! You must stay away from him! But I c-can't, I simply can't k-kill him.' Kyu started sobbing now.

'Kyu, remember what Yesung said? How someone messed with our memories?' Min said. He felt the hunter nod against him.

'What if your memory is a fake one too.' Min suggested.

'It's real, Min.'

'Are you sure? I thought Hae betraying us, his clan was real too, but it wasn't.'

Kyu lifted his head a little and looked into Min's concerned eyes. 'How can we find out?'

Min thought for a while. 'Use me.' He suddenly said.

Kyu tilted his head and looked confused.

Min suddenly smiled at the expression of the other. 'Never thought I'd say you are cute but god that was cute.' He whispered.

Kyu blushed.

'With "use me" I mean, let's go to Hae, let's force it out of him. Threaten me in front of him. He will say the truth to spare my life.' Min suggested.

Kyu pouted.

Min giggled. 'What?'

'Don't wanna threaten you.' He huffed.

Min looked at the hunter with a softened expression. His love for Kyu radiated from every pore of his body.

Kyu looked down at him and gently leaned in, their eyes locked. He pecked Min's lips, their eyes scanning each other's emotions.

'I love you.' Min said softly.

Kyu's eyes closed slowly as he intensified the kiss. Min was his haven. He couldn't deny that any longer, no matter what the consequences would be, he would protect this precious man.