Chapter Five

Between Betrayal and Lust

'He called me food, Hae.' Kyu was still pouting. Hyuk left after ordering Amber and Taemin to help Hae train his power.

'Yes Kyu, he did, but he called me a bunch of things too.' Hae smiled.

'Hey, don't take it too seriously, Hyuk is just one hell of a ....well y vampire.' Sungmin sighed.

'He needs a girlfriend really.' Onew snorted.

'Yea a good might do the trick.' Taemin said.

Both Kyu and Hae started coughing in shock.

'He meant drinking blood.' Sungmin's eyes sparkled. 'you s.'

 

Amber and Taemin took Hae outside, Kyu and Sungmin wanted to watch so they followed them.

Hae knew the mansion was huge but he hadn't really paid attention to its surroundings. The house was located quite isolated. There was a small lake and lots of trees. Beautiful really.

'This house has been our property for centuries.' Sungmin explained.

'It has all we need.' Taemin was floating and twirling happily.

'Yes, all our elements are easily manipulated here.' Amber said.

'Okay, Donghae. Try to move the water.' Taemin said.

Hae just stared. 'What?'

'Move the water with your mind.'

'Are you nuts?'

'It should be easy for you, you are a water handler.' Amber said.

Hae braced himself, legs widely spread. He lifted both arms dramatically...nothing happened.

'Well that was an anticlimax.' Kyu snorted.

'Shut up.' Hae yelled.

Sungmin turned and looked at one of the top windows. He saw Hyuk behind it and he nodded at him.

Like quicksilver Min appeared behind Kyu, pushed his head to the side and exposed his fangs. He scratched the boy's neck making his victim scream in shock.

Hae snapped his head towards his friend. His eyes turned sapphire and an enormous killer wave was directed at Sungmin.

Min's eyes widened, he let go of Kyu and lifted his arms to protect himself. A loud splash was heard. When the water had settled down, one could see a wall of mud protecting Sungmin while a shield of water was gently surrounding Kyu.

'Whoa! Daebak!' Taemin whistled.

Amber let the mud collapse.

'Thanks.' Sungmin whispered, still in shock.

'That could have killed you' Amber said softly.

'Hae, I'm ok.' Kyu walked up to his friend. The water still protecting him. He reached Hae in time to catch him as he fainted.

 

'Wow.' Sunny breathed.

'Guess he has potential after all.' Hyuk murmured.

Taemin appeared at their window.

'Get him to his room.' Hyuk ordered. Taemin nodded and flew away.

'How deep is his relationship with that human?' Hyuk wondered out loud.

 

Heechul was pacing. 'Damn it, we were so close!'

'We need to get our hands on that boy fast, before he completely has awakened.' Kangin said.

'Sapphire, god damn it!' Heechul screamed.

'I know there is a lot of meaning behind that specific eye colour, hyung, but still, it doesn't mean he's the one.' Junsu declared lazily.

'The boy is special though.' Yesung said softly.

Everyone looked at him.

'He feels...warm.' Yeye continued. 'I liked it.'

Wookie gasped. Yesung rarely tolerated other people. Cursed with the power of empathy he sensed too much darkness in others.

 

'Ughhhh junk.' Siwon tossed the human away. The boy got up and ran away in shock.

'Calm down, Siwon.' Minho said.

'They all taste like !'

'No they don't. They are fine.'

'They are not him. I want to taste him again.' Siwon whined.

'Yeah, I think you can forget about that, hyung.'

'No matter what, I'll make him mine!' Siwon vowed.

 

'You can leave now.' Onew said to Kyu.

'What?'

'We'll take care of Donghae.'

'I'm not leaving him behind.'

'What about your parents? school?' Sungmin said from the doorframe.

Kyu winced.

'Aish stop it, I only fake attacked you to get a reaction out of Donghae.' Sungmin was annoyed.

'I felt your fangs against my artery.' Kyu hissed.

Min's eyes turned cobalt blue. He slowly approached Kyu, cornering the boy.

'If I wanted to your precious blood, I already would have.' He hissed.

'Hyung, stop it. The boy had a lot to take in on a day.' Onew said softly.

'Call your parents, you can watch over Hae.' Amber added.

'Thanks, guys.' Kyu bowed and ran upstairs.

 

'What should I do with you?' Hyuk whispered. His hands slowly caressing Hae's hair. 'The last water handler betrayed us. Will you do the same?'

Hae was still unconscious.

'Fire and water always have been hard to combine.' Hyuk continued, he was Hae's soft features. 'You sure are pretty.' His fingertips reached the puncture wounds Siwon had left. 'Don't worry, Choi will pay for that, they should all know your blood belongs to me. You will recognise me as your leader this time.' Hyuk finished.