Chapter Seventy Two

Between Betrayal and Lust

'What?!' Hae couldn't believe what Kyu just had said.

'Admit it!' Kyu yelled.

Hae's eyes went from Kyu's angry face to Min's. Desperation took over as he didn't know what to do. He couldn't admit something he didn't do but what if Kyu would harm Min otherwise? Hae screamed out of frustration, he hit his fists repeatedly against the wall until they started bleeding. 'I can't, I can't, I can't say that.' Hae shouted.

'You left me to die after you played with me for awhile, y-you inflicted so much pain but the betrayal was the worst!' Kyu screamed.

'I would never do that!' Hae shouted his voice hoarse. His fists were covered in blood as he kept slamming them against the wall. 'Even if it had saved my life, I could never even do that, not to an enemy and certainly not to you.' Hae collapsed against the wall, his head hitting it quite hard.

Kyu dropped the knife and ran up to Hae to prevent him from hurting himself even more.

Hae turned around and wrapped his arms all around his best friend. 'Please,  don't harm Minnie, please.'

'Hae, calm down.' Kyu said.

Hae fisted Kyu's shirt. 'I didn't do what you said, I didn't torture you or l-leave you.' He was almost hyperventilating.

'Hae, it's okay, please calm down.' Min added.

'What do you remember of us in our past lives?' Kyu asked softly.

'We met now and then, we didn't dislike each other, we were getting close, I saw you as a friend but suddenly you disappeared, later on I heard you had died.' Hae said.

Kyu had watched Hae's face as he was speaking. He cupped it. 'Either you are the best liar on this cursed planet or you are telling us the truth. I'll go with the latter, Hae.'

Hae stopped crying as he suddenly realised something, he looked into Kyu's eyes with amazement. 'You called me Hae.' He whispered.

A weak smile laced Kyu's face.

'Y-you are back!' Hae exclaimed and started crying again.

'Shhh you silly fish,  no need to get so upset.' Kyu laughed as he swallowed the huge lump that had built up in his throat.

'You don't understand, I missed you so much, Kyu, I was so lonely.' Hae said as he hugged his best friend tightly.

Kyu returned the hug with equal strength. 'I missed you too, fool.'

'Should I get jealous here?' Min laughed.

Kyu stretched out his arm and pulled Min in the suffocating hug. 

 

Kyu, Min and Hae walked into the living room. Yunho was comforting Jessica, while Changmin suddenly tensed. 'Kyu, is everything okay?'

Yunho and Jessica looked up, jaws dropping at the sight of Kyu's arm around Hae and his other hand intertwined with Min's.

Yunho stormed towards Hae and slammed him against the wall. 'It's all your fault! What happened to Krystal?!'

Kyu's eyes changed to silver as he tore Yunho away and threw him against the opposite wall.

'Krystal?' Hae asked, his eyes looking at Jessica.

Jessica got up and ran towards Hae, burying her head against his chest. 'Oh Hae, Krystal disappeared yesterday, she attacked the fire handler and then just left.'

Hae paled.

'Hyuk is fine, Kyu intervened.' Min said hastily.

'One of the Kim's left as well, the one that tortured Min.' Kyu said.

'You didn't know?' Yunho said hesitantly towards Hae.

Hae shook his head, his hand rubbing Jessica's back, trying to calm her down.

'Kyu?' Changmin said, earning his leader's attention. He looked at Hae and Min, then back at Kyu, silently asking.

'There is more going on than we know, Hae didn't do what I thought he did when I awakened. If you guys can't handle my friendship with the vampires, then I will step down as your leader.' Kyu said.

'Friendship?' Changmin cocked an eyebrow.

'It's in our nature to hunt down and kill vampires.' Yunho said.

'Yes and I'm going to follow my heart instead.' Kyu said sternly.

'We'll talk about this after we get Krystal back.' Yunho said.

'I'm going to the Lee's with them.' Kyu said.

'I patrolled early this morning, they all went to the Kim's' Changmin stated.

Hae frowned.

'We have a truce with them, Hae.' Min explained.

'What happens to Henry?' Hae asked as he watched the human that fell asleep on the couch.

'Let's take him with us.' Jessica said. 'If he wants, that is.'

 

Siwon and Hyuk were fighting.

'I feel it too, but something inside of me tells me not to react.' Hyuk yelled.

'He's in pain, how can you stand it?' Siwon shouted, grabbing the Lee at the collar.

'Analyse it better, don't you feel that he's alright though?' Hyuk screamed, pushing the Choi away.

'Guys, seriously, you better cut that out before you wake our diva.' Junsu said, lifting a pair of socks with his mind and shoving one in each mouth of the fighting vampires.

A door was slammed in the distance and loud noises were heard.

'Too late.' Yesung sighed.

The door of the room was kicked open and a furious bewildered Heechul was storming in. 'Who in their right minds yells so much in the morning?' He screamed. He looked scary as hell.

Siwon and Hyuk quickly pointed at each other.

Junsu rolled his eyes at the childish behaviour.

A pissed off Heechul, his bedhair into place and slowly walked up to the two, his hands outstretched, ready to inflict some pain.

'They worry about Hae, hyung.' Yeye said.

Heechul stopped and looked puzzled. 'Why?'

'I can sense that....' Siwon started.

'WE' Hyuk interrupted. 'WE can sense.'

Siwon sighed, rolled his eyes and continued. 'WEEEE can sense that he's in pain.'

Hyuk frowned. 'Not anymore.'

Siwon looked at the fire handler and his frown disappeared. 'He's fine.' He smiled like an idiot.

They high fived each other happily. When they turned around they were met with a very, very scary and murderous Heechul.

Yesung cocked up his head to the side. 'They are here.'

'Who?' Junsu asked.

'The hunters.'

 

'He is so clingy.' Changmin chuckled as he watched Hae being all over Kyu.

'He missed his best friend.' Jessica smiled. 'Remember when he lost his favourite pen in class?'

Even Yunho smiled a little at the memory.

'He even got the teacher looking for it.' Changmin laughed.

'Kyu told me Hae slept with the pen for weeks cause he was scared to lose it again.' Jessica giggled.

They arrived at the Kim's mansion. Min walked up front, on full alert, not knowing how everyone would react.

Hae sensed the tension and coated everyone with a water shield.

Heechul walked out the house. 'Why the hell do you think I need protection?' He shouted at the water handler.

Hae bit his lip and bowed. 'I'm sorry, i-it's a reflex.'

Heechul's glare softened for a split second. He turned to Kyu. 'I see you finally are yourself again.'

'Hyukkieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' Hae pushed Heechul aside in his excitement after he discovered the fire handler. He jumped up and wrapped his legs and arms around his surprised lover.

'Hae!' Hyuk laughed. Before he could ask questions, Hae already shut him up by kissing him.

Hyuk ran his hands in Hae's messy hair and kissed him back.

'Ugh, here they go again.' Kyu mumbled, earning a soft slap against his arm from Min.