Chapter Sixteen

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk felt the power running through his veins, never had he felt this good. He aimed for Heechul and fired all he got.

'Heechul, watch out!' Yeye yelled as Kangin was barely in time to knock his leader down so the flames won't harm him.

'We need to pull back!' Kangin whispered to Heechul.

Heechul gritted his teeth. 'Not yet!'

'Someone is approaching!' Yeye shouted and suddenly Siwon appeared, panting, holding his side.

Everyone on the battlefield just stared at him.

'What the hell is a Choi doing here?' Kangin exclaimed.

The Choi in question looked confused himself.

Hyuk who hadn't forgotten that Siwon had drank from Hae aimed at him.

Suddenly two arms wrapped around his waist. 'Don't' Hae whispered.

'Why not? He pisses me off.'

'Let's focus on the Kims, okay?' Hae said softly.

Wook saw the two of them were distracted and wanted to throw another potion. But the scenery changed. It seemed like the Lees were multiplying. Wookie couldn't tell which ones were real. 'What the is happening?'

'It's the Choi guy, he's using illusions.' Yeye yelled.

'Retreat damn it!' Heechul ordered.

As soon as the Kims all left, there was silence.

Minho appeared. Completely out of breath. 'Hyung, why did you leave so....whoa Lees!' Minho got in the fighting position.

'I'm not here to fight, Minho.' Siwon said softly. He still looked quite uneasy being there.

'Y-you helped us?' Hae said.

'I-I...apparently.' Siwon stuttered.

Hae smiled sweetly. Minho looked horrified.

'He can't help it.' Hyuk said, still annoyed. That got the others' attention. 'This is the price he has to pay for drinking your blood.'

'Please explain.' Siwon said.

'You will never be able to harm Donghae, even more, you will feel compelled to help him when he's in danger.'

'What?' Siwon was shocked.

'The Parks explained it to me.'

Minho focused on Hae as the others were chatting. He sneakily entered the boy's mind and slowly took control over it. Suddenly Siwon latched out and grabbed Minho by the neck. 'Don't you dare.' He growled.

Minho's eyes widened and he quickly let go of Hae's mind making the boy gasp and stumble.

'What's going on?' Hyuk growled as he grabbed Hae's arm.

Siwon stared fiercely at Minho. 'He tried to enter Hae's mind.'

'Hyung.' Minho choked out 'I can't breathe.'

Siwon blinked a couple of times and let go.

'So I guess what the Parks said was true, you can't allow harm to happen to Hae.' Hyuk smirked. This wasn't so bad after all.

Siwon let go of Minho and approached Hae. Hyuk wanted to prevent that but got shoved aside by the boy.

Siwon took Hae's hand. 'I'm sorry I force fed from you the first time.' He said making Hae look away at the memory.

'It's okay.' the boy uttered.

'I would like to become friends.' Siwon added.

'Siwon!' Minho yelled but he was ignored.

'That is a good idea.' Hae smiled.

'Can we meet? Like the day after tomorrow?' Siwon asked shyly.

'Oh euhm sure, I guess.' Hae said.

'Over my dead body.' Hyuk yelled as he pulled Hae against him.

Siwon couldn't stand the eye contact with the fire handler.

'Hyuk, why not?' Hae asked.

'The day after tomorrow, you won't leave my sight for a second.' Hyuk said. 'Come on, let's go home.' He pulled Hae with him and flashed.

Minho just stared at Siwon. 'Is there a reason why you wanted to be with him on that specific day?' Minho asked.

Siwon looked at the ground.

'You do realise the day after tomorrow is the Alignment, right?'

By the blush appearing on Siwon's cheeks, Minho got his answer.

 

After a few seconds, Hyuk stopped flashing as he said a barrier around him and Hae.

'What is going on?' Hae asked.

'I sense people around.' Hyuk said.

Sungmin, Amber and Onew arrived. Hyuk immediately lowered the barrier.

'Had fun, Hyuk?' Sungmin smirked.

'Shut up, Min.' Hyuk said and grabbed Hae again to flash home.

 

The Lees were all having dinner and were thinking and commenting on the news that Choi Siwon was affiliated with Hae.

'This can come in handy.' Sungmin said.

'Yeah but we have to watch out since he has not that connection with the rest of us.' Onew said.

'True.' Sungmin nodded.

'Don't worry, I don't think we'll see him much since Hyuk doesn't want me to be friends.' Hae pouted.

Hyuk clenched his fist. 'Why would you want to be friends with an enemy?' He growled.

'I like friends!' Hae shouted and to prove his point he hugged Kyu.

Kyu patted his best friend's head. 'Calm down, Hae Hae.'

'He just wanted to do something together the day after tomorrow and Hyuk there exploded!' Hae mumbled.

'The day after tomorrow?' Sungmin sounded alarmed.

'Yes.'

'Choi wanted to meet you on Alignment day?' Taemin gasped.

'What is Alignment day?' Kyu frowned.

Suddenly all the vampires except for Hae seemed to be busy. They all avoided eye contact.

Kyu's eyes narrowed then he relaxed and shrugged. 'I'll google it.'

'NO!' they all yelled.

'Then you better explain it.' Kyu smirked.