Chapter Forty Nine

Between Betrayal and Lust

'I know you are there, Min.' Kyu said as he was walking back to the mansion after school.

He was leaning against a tree and waited for the vampire to show himself.

'How long have you known?' Sungmin asked as he appeared in front of the boy.

'Since this morning. Although I never thought you would wait for me all day.' Kyu said.

'I had to be in the neighbourhood.' Min said while he took over Kyu's backpack. 'You carry too many books.'

'I brought Hae's as well.' Kyu said as they continued walking.

'Eat this.' Min offered Kyu a cookie.

Kyu lifted an eyebrow but accepted it. 'You are quite bossy today.' He said as he munched happily on the cookie.

Suddenly a fire ball came out of no where and missed Kyu by an inch, which didn't even matter since Min had put an electric field around the boy faster than he could blink.

'Fire , huh?' Hyuk was leaning against a tree.

Kyu smirked. 'Does Hae know you read his text messages?'

'He's been punished already.' Hyuk coughed.

'Oh really, Mr. Lee?' Kyu's eyes were shining with amusement.

Sungmin smiled as well as he saw their leader blush.

'How were the hunters?' Hyuk changed the topic.

'They didn't even approach me.' Kyu said, his smile disappearing.

'That's a good thing.' Hyuk said.

'They were his friends, Hyuk.' Sungmin commented.

'Are, they are my and Hae's friends.' Kyu said stubbornly.

'Well those friends want your best friend dead.' Hyuk said coldly.

'Okay, since you are done ruining my mood, I'll go inside and give Hae his snacks.' Kyu said and left.

'Way to go, Hyuk.' Sungmin sighed.

'He has to face reality.' Hyuk said stubbornly.

'He's human, it's amazing he isn't going insane with everything he witnessed the last couple of weeks.' Min said.

'Sungmin, forever Kyuhyun's fanboy number one.' Hyuk mocked.

'You know, sometimes you really are a .' Min said as he went inside.

Hyuk shrugged and entered as well. Kyu and Hae were on the couch and Hae sent Hyuk a disappointed look.

Oh great, they all are ganging up on me. Hyuk pouted.

'Your boyfriend is a meanie.' Kyu whispered in Hae's ear, enjoying the warm embrace of his best friend.

'I know, but he's so cute!' Hae sighed.

Kyu looked at him doubtfully. 'I think your glasses need renewel.'

'Thank you for the snacks, Kyu!' Hae said as he suddenly noticed them on the table.

'School is not the same without you.' Kyu said softly. 'How was your day?'

Hae blushed instantly.

Kyu raised his hands. 'Forget it, don't want to know!'

Onew stomped into the room dragging Minho in cuffs behind him. 'Look what I found!' Onew yelled.

Taemin, who was listening to music, looked up and froze.

'Lock him up.' Hyuk said.

'Why?' Hae asked.

All the vampires looked astonished at the boy.

'Why would you lock him up?' Hae repeated.

'Because...he's...a....Choi.' Onew said very slowly, making sure Hae would hear him.

'Siwon is a Choi as well.' Hae frowned.

'That's different, he can't harm you.' Amber said.

'But in theory he can harm all of you.' Hae rebutted as he walked up to Minho.

'Hae, don't!' Hyuk yelled.

Hae looked over his shoulder towards his lover. 'Remember what Siwon said? No matter who would try to harm me, he'd stop them and he has stopped Minho before.' Hae looked the Choi in the eye sternly. Minho looked back, trying to stand his ground. Hae smiled. 'He won't harm us.'

'How can you be so sure?' Onew said.

'I can see it in his eyes.' Hae said softly.

'He's still going to be locked up.' Hyuk said. 'Taemin, do it.'

Taemin jerked up and obeyed.

 

'Hey.' Minho said as they walked down the hall.

Taemin didn't respond.

Minho sighed. 'I thought you would be mad, but I warned you.'

'You are such an idiot.' Taemin snarled.

'Well, I missed you too much.' Minho confessed as he was lead into a room.

'In the cage.' Taemin ordered.

'If you give me one kiss.' Minho said.

Taemin's eyes grew large.

Minho smiled. 'One kiss and I'll go in.'

'I don't have time for this, Minho.'

'So you don't want to see me?'

'Not cuffed and locked up.'

'I'd rather be caged and with you than free and alone.'

Taemin looked away.

'Kiss me'

'This is dangerous!' Taemin whispered as he barely pressed his lips against the other. Their mouths were moving over each other. Gently tasting, exploring. Minho moaned. Taemin quickly pushed him in the cage and locked it.

Minho was smiling brightly at him as he lowered himself so he sat on the ground.

'You are such a fool.' Taemin said as he turned around and head for the door.

Minho felt a breeze caress his cheek though. His heart pounded strongly within him.