Chapter Thirty Six

Between Betrayal and Lust

I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have let him out of my sight. Hyuk felt his body panic as he rushed towards Donghae as fast as he could.

If...if...something happens to that idiot...I'll....I'll... Hyuk blinked a couple of times since it seemed a fly had flown into his eyes, why else would they tear up? His mind was filled with images of Hae...ing, panting, screaming, begging, goofing around, eating, smiling, sulking, talking,...breathing.

 

'Siwon what is going on?' Hae exclaimed.

'It seems your friends are your worst enemies. They are hunters.'

'What do they want?'

'Us....dead.'

'But...why?'

'It's biological....we hunt humans, vampire hunters hunt vampires.'

Hae turned back towards his former friends. 'Please Yunho, Changmin, girls...I'm not a bad person.' He tried to reason with them.

Yunho activated his crossbow shoving another bolt in it. 'All vampires are beasts, Donghae.'

Changmin pulled a shiny gun out and aimed it at Hae. 'It's sad though, I really liked you.'

Krystal got a metal rod and twirled it around at incredible speed as Jessica pulled out a sword.

'Jess...' Donghae whispered.

Their eyes met. He saw tears in her now grey eyes as she looked into his sapphire ones. 'Sorry Donghae.'

They started attacking the water shield relentlessly.

'You can't keep that shield up forever.' Yunho said as he kept shooting dart after dart at it.

'Let's just get this over with, Hae, we'll end you quick, I promise.' Changmin said softly.

Hae was getting exhausted, the countless attacks on the shield seemed to drain his energy insanely fast. 'Siwon' He choked out.

'Hae, I'll fight, don't worry.'

'No, listen to me carefully.' Hae said, baring his wrist. 'Drink my blood, get as much as you can so you are very powerful and then run as fast as you can. Run away.'

Siwon stared at him in disbelief. 'What the hell, Hae.'

'You always were the sacrificing type.' Changmin sighed.

'We will chop you into pieces though.' Yunho assured him.

Suddenly very bright flames surrounded Hae. Everyone searched for the fire handler but didn't find them. They kept attacking, this time they had to get through the fire first.

'Save your powers for now, Hae, it seems that Hyuk is close.' Siwon said.

A couple of seconds later, Hyuk flashed next to Hae, obviously furious, pissed off and ready to kick some . He scanned the situation. 'Are you ok?' He asked Hae without taking his eyes off the hunters.

'Hyuk...don't.' Hae said faintly.

Hyuk turned and looked at his weakening lover. 'Don't what?'

'Don't harm them.'

'Geez, Hae, they are trying to kill us.' Siwon yelled.

Hyuk stared into Hae's eyes. 'I can't not do that, Hae, they already hurt you.'

'Them harmed or dead will hurt me more.' Hae whispered.

'Hae.' Jessica cried out as she heard his words.

'Jess, remember who you are!' Yunho yelled.

'But, this isn't right!' She sobbed, the sword in her hand trembling.

Changmin's jaw clenched.

None of them liked this situation.

 

'Take me to him.' Kyu growled as he banged on the door repeatedly.

Sungmin was leaning against the other side of the locked door. 'I can't, Kyu, it's not safe.'

'I don't care, you hear me? Flash me to Hae right this instant.'

'It might be Siwon, the Kim's, the hunters, so no way, Kyu.'

'I hate you!' Kyu screamed as tears of powerlessness ran down his cheeks. His scar had been itching like crazy.

'Hae would kill me if anything would happen to you.' Sungmin said calmly.

'If it's so dangerous then why aren't you helping them!' Kyu yelled.

'Cause my task is to keep you safe.'

'If anything happens to Hae, I'll never forgive you.' Kyu kicked the door one more time and sat himself down in the corner, going insane with worry.

Suddenly he felt two arms wrapped around him.

Kyu looked away. 'Shouldn't you guard that door?'

'I shielded it.' Sungmin said.

'Of course you did.' Kyu sighed. 'Tell me about them.'

'The hunters?'

Kyu nodded.

'As long as there were vampires, there were also hunters. They have the natural instinct to kill us. You know how our eyes change according to our clan? Well all hunters' eyes change into a shade of grey. '

'Are they powerful?' Kyu asked, leaning his head back against Min.

'Very, they have good speed and strength plus special weapons.'

'It's so useless, you all die and get revived and then it starts all over again.'

'No, if a vampire gets killed by a hunter or vice versa, his soul is really gone, no reviving, no next generation handler. It's the complete end.' Min said softly.

Kyu tensed up.

'The war between the vampires is already bad but the war with the hunters is ten times worse. Many deaths on both sides.'

'Do they revive if they die in another way?'

'Yes, but it takes them longer. We hoped they were extinct, to be honest.' Min said.

'Do they have a hierarchy as well?'

'Yes, The head hunter is extreme powerful. His eyes are usually silver. None of the four I saw could be him.'

'Why don't you all just get along for crying out loud, this is very tiring on my poor human soul.' Kyu whispered as Min's hand caressing his forehead relaxed him as much as possible in this given situation.

'I agree.' Min said.

'By the way Minnie?'

'Mmmm?'

'I...I don't hate you.'

Min hugged the boy even tighter.