Chapter Sixty Nine

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Yesung?' Heechul screamed.

'All I can say is that I suddenly got a really strange vibe from Jonghyun.' Yeye answered. 'It was a very dark and suffocating feeling.'

'Krystal has never disobeyed us like that before!' Yunho said in doubt.

Kyu was panting and staring at the ground. After the scene with Hae, blocking Krystal's attack and Jonghyun's torture had taken a lot out of him.

Hyuk noticed and despite the situation, he felt the urge to comfort the other. 'All will be ok.' He whispered to the hunter that still was standing near him.

Kyu froze and slowly looked up. 'That is such a Hae thing to say.'

'I think there are things going on that we are unaware of and I don't mean just now. Let's all retreat and get together tomorrow so we can put all the information together.' Siwon said, still carrying the unconscious Sooyoung.

Heechul nodded.

'Jessica, no!' Changmin yelled and tried to hold back the girl.

'I need to find Krystal!' Jessica shouted.

Kyu walked up to her. 'We don't know what is going on, Jess, we need to know first. Krystal can defend herself, we need to rest. We don't know what is going to happen in the coming days.'

Yunho put his arm around his sister and guided the sobbing girl back into the house.

'Kyu?' Hyuk asked as most vampires had retreated already.

Kyu turned around and looked at the fire handler.

'Sungmin?'

Kyu stared for a couple of seconds but didn't respond.

'You did it to keep him from harm's way, didn't you?'

'I don't know what you are talking about.' Kyu snapped.

'You asked for him in return for me feeding Hae just so you could get him away from a possible battle.' Hyuk said with knowing eyes.

Kyu huffed, quickly turned around and walked away but Hyuk had seen the pink blush on the hunter's cheeks.

 

Henry was comforting Hae. 'I'm glad you have your strength back.'

Hae shrugged. 'I want Hyukkie back.' He whined.

Henry smiled and hugged the vampire. 'At least you are both okay.' He said.

Hae nodded, then his eyes narrowed. 'Henry?'

'Hmmmm?'

'What was that with you and Amber?'

The teenager pulled back from the hug and walked away, his back towards Hae. 'What d-do you mean?'

'You two seemed to know each other.'

'Well, we might have met once.' Henry admitted.

'Uhhu.' Hae started smiling, welcoming the distraction. 'It looked like that meeting was quite intense.'

Henry's face turned red in a heartbeat.

Hae bursted out in a loud laughter. 'You like her!'

Henry was glad to see his friend cheering up but didn't like the fact that it was at his expense. 'We are just friends!' He shouted.

'The way you eyed her was far from friendly!' Hae laughed.

'I'm just a human and a broken one at that as well, she is right, only friendship makes sense.' Henry suddenly felt gloomy.

Hae frowned. 'Why did you say that?'

'What?'

'That you are broken?'

Henry sighed. 'You'll hate me if I tell you.'

'I don't hate easily.' Hae said reassuring. He patted the spot next to him on the bed. 'Come sit.'

Henry obeyed and sighed again. 'I am ill. I have a very rare case of blood cancer. My time is very limited.'

Hae's eyes widened and tears were welling up once again. 'Noooooo' He gasped and he tried to pull the boy into a hug.

'Wait, I'm very selfish. I wanted to find a vampire in the hope that he could the disease out of me.' Henry admitted, his head hanging low in shame.

'How is that selfish?' Hae asked.

'Won't that make the vampire sick as well?' Henry shouted.

Hae tilted his head and then shook it.

'It wouldn't?' Henry questioned.

'Nope, we don't really get human diseases.' Hae said.

'Do you think a vampire can the evil out of me?' Henry asked hopeful.

'I don't know.' Hae responded 'but I have an idea'.

Hae closed his eyes and concentrated. He conjured his strongest healing water and coated it all over Henry's body.

'What are you doing?' Henry asked as he felt a nice sensation taking over.

'I might be able to stop the process for a while, I'm not a good enough healer to cure you though but the Kim's have an expert healer.'

Henry jumped upon the water handler and hugged the surprised latter in a tight hug.

They both didn't notice the door softly closing.

Kyu leaned against it and sighed. How can you still think that Hae is an evil blood er?

 

TOP arrived at GD's place, quickly followed by Krystal and Jonghyun.

'I take it you were successful?' G-Dragon smirked.

'They had so much pent up anger and frustration it was too easy to fuel them.' TOP laughed.

GD turned himself towards the Kim and the hunter. 'Welcome! Let me tell you a little story that will make you understand how twisted your leaders really are.' He said.

Krystal and Jonghyun felt a certain calmness in GD's presence so they naturally obeyed him.

 

Kyu entered his room and sat on his bed. He ruffled his hair. His eye fell on the door to Sungmin's room. Before he could control himself he got up and walked towards it. He opened it and saw that he startled the lightning handler. Kyu just stood there staring at the other.

Sungmin stared back, his eyes sad. 'I'm so sorry, Kyu.' He whispered.

Anger flared within Kyu as he took the final step towards the vampire. He slammed him against the wall, ready to shout at him, to hit him, to curse him. His body took over and he just pressed his lips upon a very surprised Sungmin. The kiss was wild. Before Min could register what was happening he already felt Kyu's tongue slipping in. Min's eyes fluttered shut and he moaned, unable to stop this. Min responded equally passionate. He wrapped his arms around Kyu's neck as the hunter pulled him fully against himself. Kyu's hand was around Min's waist while his other hand grabbed the back of the vampire's head to control the kiss, to deepen it further. They both were now. Kyu's tongue was twirling around Min's. Min suddenly on it, making Kyu groan in pleasure. They needed air but still continued to devour each other until the brink of passing out. When they separated, they were both panting. Min was trembling all over his body as Kyu stared at him.

'Good night.' Kyu uttered as he stumbled out the door, fleeing from the situation, from the one that completely messed up all of his senses.

Sungmin dropped himself on his bed, he touched his lips gently, still in disbelief. 'Night.' He whispered.