Chapter Sixty Five

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk suddenly felt a pain deep inside of him. Yeye cried out in pain.

'What's wrong?' Wookie asked.

'Hae!' Hyuk cried out. 'Something is happening to him!' His eyes changed royal and he wanted to take off but Heechul grabbed him.

'Don't do anything rash. Let's meet up with your clan and then go to the hunters together.' Heechul said softly then he turned to Yesung. 'Stop feeling him, please.'

Yesung opened his mouth but Heechul put his finger against his lips. 'I know you are friends, like I said, I'm not stupid. But he gains nothing with you feeling his pain right now.'

Yesung nodded.

 

When they arrived at the Lee's mansion, they were met with a bewildered Taemin.

'Si-Siwon is going nuts.' the boy said not even paying attention to all the Kim's.

Hyuk ran into the house and found Minho and Onew holding Siwon down.

'Siwon, we are almost ready to go get Hae, the Kim's will work with us.' Hyuk said sternly.

Siwon looked up at the other, his eyes all clouded. 'Hyuk, you don't understand...Hae..' His voice broke.

'I know, I can sense it, he's in severe danger, something is happening to him.' Hyuk said through gritted teeth.

Sungmin stared at the Kim's. He walked over to them. Tension was rising. He suddenly kneeled and bowed to them. 'Thank you.' He whispered.

Jonghyun was nervously jumping from one leg to the other, not feeling comfortable with the situation.

'Let's all drink so we are fully powered up.' Hyuk continued.

Sunny ran away and came back with several glasses filled with blood.

Junsu raised his eyebrows.

'We got this from a blood bank, we paid for it, it's tainted blood, they can't use it because of diseases but those don't have any effect on us.' Amber explained.

After everyone had a glass, Heechul cleared his throat. 'Listen up all. The plan is to get the water handler back and I've been told to try to leave the hunters unharmed. This is going to be very hard indeed. Self defence is necessary just try not to kill anyone.'

Sungmin stepped up. 'I would like to try something different first.' He said. All eyes were on him. 'I would like to reason with Ky...with the head of the hunters first.'

Hyuk stared at his lightning handler. They exchanged looks for a bit. Hyuk sighed and nodded.

They discussed different strategies and were amazed how well they could work together.

 

'Are you feeling better?' Henry asked concerned. He was softly removing the sweat drops on Hae's forehead with a moist cloth.

Hae's head was on the human's lap. 'Why aren't you afraid?'

Henry smiled his boyish grin. 'All creatures deserve to be admired.'

Hae smiled weakly. 'Even the ones that can use you and kill you in a split second?'

'Especially them.' Henry said, excitement apparent in his eyes.

'You are so weird.' Hae mumbled. 'You don't come across suicidal yet you...' Hae stopped mid sentence as he saw Henry's smile falter.

He tried to get some eye contact but Henry looked away.

'What is it?' Hae asked softly.

'Life is the greatest thing. We should all enjoy it to the fullest for as long as we can.'

Hae's heart grew scared. Something in the way Henry was saying these words so fired up made him worried. He decided to change the topic.

'So do you have any hobbies?' Hae asked. 'I like football and dancing. Love music!'

A big smile appeared on Henry's face. 'Me too!'

 

Kyu entered Hae's prison and was startled when he saw the human comfortably talking to Hae. Both were laughing. Hae's head was resting on Henry's thigh. Kyu felt annoyed.

'What is going on here?' Kyu snarled.

Both boys got startled and looked at the hunter.

'Kyu?' Hae said softly.

'Shut up!' Kyu yelled.

Henry frowned. 'No need to yell at him like that!' He caressed Hae's forehead to sooth the suddenly tensed up vampire.

'Oh my god, you two are not supposed to be bonding, for crying out loud!' Kyu shouted.

'Right.' Hae said bitterly. He lifted himself from Henry and turned his back to Kyu.

'You are such a bully!' Henry yelled at the hunter. 'First you drain him, then you put me near him to torture him and now he can't even choose who he befriends?'

Kyu's fists clenched.

'It's okay Henry. He has his reasons to hate me.' Hae said softly, still facing the wall.

'You weren't doing anything wrong, Hae Hae!' Henry exclaimed.

'Don't call him that!' Kyu blew up.

'Why the hell not?' Henry shouted back.

Kyu couldn't answer. He was staring at the human's hand on Hae's shoulder. Why did this bother him so much?

Henry saw the glare and frowned. 'Oh wow, you are jealous.'

Hae's head turned around and scanned Kyu's face.

'Why w-would I be jealous.' Kyu stuttered.

'Are you two lovers or something?' Henry said with the subtlety of a bulldozer.

Hae chuckled.

'This is not funny!' Kyu snarled.

'It is, you should see your face, man. It's like when that girl in primary school asked us to kiss cause she thought we looked cute together.' Hae was laughing hard now.

'Whatever! We have nothing between each other like that.' He said to Henry. 'We are just best friends.'

Hope flickered in Hae's eyes at those words. Kyu realised his mistake.

'I mean, we were best friends before he turned into the monster he is now.' Kyu corrected himself, crushing the light in Hae's eyes.

'A monster?' Henry was furious. 'I see only one monster here and that is you!' He yelled at the hunter. 'How can you ditch your best friend like that? Don't you know how lucky you are to have someone so precious? You are an idiot, mister hunter!'

Kyu stared at the human.

'Look at him, damn it! Look at that so called monster of yours!' Henry continued.

Kyu's eyes fell on Hae. 'Hae.' He whispered.

Hae looked up with sad eyes.

Kyu jumped up as the door opened and Yunho rushed in. He whispered something that made Kyu freeze.

'What's wrong?' Hae asked.

Kyu's cold gaze met his worried one. 'Seems your clan is breaking the deal we made.'

'What?' Hae frowned.

'Our intel is telling us a large group of vampires is heading this way.'

'No!' Hae yelled, he jumped up even though he was weakened and tried to run but was pulled back harshly by the chains. He got up and tried again.

'Stop it, you'll hurt yourself!' Henry said. 

Kyu turned around to leave.

'Don't hurt them, please, Kyu!' Hae yelled as the door was slowly shutting down.