Chapter Forty One

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk couldn't take his eyes of a sleeping Hae. His arms wrapped firmly around the younger as he scanned that innocent face all night long. At this point he was looking at the boy's eye lashes, thinking that they were perfectly shaped. He softly ran his thumb against them. His heart hadn't stopped beating fast for hours now. He had checked Hae's upper arm a couple of times to make sure the wound was really gone. The morning sun was shedding its first rays of the day onto them. Hyuk thought that the gold like coating did justice to Hae's perfection.

Suddenly, from the corner of his eye, he saw the door knob moving. Immediately a huge fire wall surrounded them both. Sungmin gently opened the door and entered. When he saw the wall, his eyes widened.

'It's just me, Hyuk.' He whispered.

Hyuk lowered the wall and avoided eye contact as he kept on holding his lover.

Sungmin smiled at the scene. 'Is Hae ok?'

Hyuk's eyes softened as his eyes wandered for the umpteenth time over Hae's facial features. 'Yeah, he's great.'

Sungmin saw all the little signs and worried about their future. He didn't want to see any of them hurt and if their feelings kept growing, so would their chances of getting hurt badly. 

Hyuk noticed the almost sad look on his friend's face. 'What's wrong Min?'

Sungmin quickly put on his poker face. 'Nothing really, I was just thinking, maybe we should tell Kyuhyun to return to his parents. It's not good for him to be with us.'

Hyuk stared at him for a bit. 'I must say I'm surprised, I thought you grew fond of the brat.'

'I think it's dangerous for him and for us if he stays here.'

Remembering the hunter's words, Hyuk shivered at the thought of Hae in their hands if Kyu got bitten. He kept that info from the others. He didn't want them to worry and he knew none of them would bite Kyu. 'Hae and Kyu need each other, Min.' He finally said.

'They still can see each other from time to time, I just...'

'Sungmin, they are best friends since forever, a lot happened to Hae and to Kyu the last couple of weeks, they obviously comfort each other, let's not separate them.'

'Are you growing soft, Hyukjae?' Sungmin was getting frustrated.

'Are you growing selfish, my friend?' Hyuk countered.

Min was taken aback. He bowed. 'I'm sorry, you are right.' He mumbled and left the room.

'Thanks Hyukkie.' Hae whispered, opening his eyes.

'Y-you were a-awake?' Hyuk let go of the boy but Hae immediately grabbed the other's hands and put them back around him.

'Something happened between them.' Hae stated, ignoring Hyuk's question.

Hyuk sighed. 'Yes, this is very unlike Sungmin.'

'Kyu can be a pain, maybe he went too far.'

Hyuk chuckled.

'What?' Hae asked, looking into Hyuk's eyes.

'You are so cute when you are serious.' Hyuk whispered and pressed a kiss onto the frown between Hae's eyes.

Hae blushed. 'Don't know what you are talking about, I'm always cute.' He pouted.

'Aish, you self involved punk.' Hyuk laughed. 'How are you feeling this morning?'

Hae softly kissed Hyuk and stared into his eyes. 'Happy.'

Hyuk's heart sped up, his lips parted as he needed more air since that one word touched his soul.

'Hyuk, are you okay?' Hae cupped his face in worry.

'I'm fine.' Hyuk breathed.

Hae smiled and cuddled him. A pout suddenly appeared.

'What is it, Hae?' Hyuk chuckled.

'Just remembered I can't go back to school, now I'll never be smart like you.'

'I can tutor you. I'm good at teaching you stuff anyway.' He wiggled his eyebrows.

'Lee Hyukjae! You erted monkey!' Hae yelled as he tried to hold his laughter.

'We can do the same for Kyu....I mean tutor him.'

'Kyu loved school, I'll talk to him, I think it's best that he still goes there. They won't hurt him.' Hae said.

'They might use him to get to you.' Hyuk hesitated.

'I don't think so.'

'It's your call.' Hyuk said.

Hae's jaw dropped open as he stared in disbelief at Hyuk. The latter slapped him gently. 'Don't look so shocked.'

Hae's mouth closed and opened several times.

'Aish you silly fish.' Hyuk kissed his lips once more. Hae's eyes fluttered shut.

'Come on let's get some breakfast.' Hyuk hoarsely said as he felt the fire inside of him burn again. They had to get out of bed right away before he kept the boy pinned in there for days.

Hae jumped out of bed and then realised he was completely . He shrieked and quickly grabbed a pillow.

'Oh please! I've seen it all.' Hyuk snorted.

'I have nothing to wear in here, you you you ripped my shirt yesterday!' Hae accused as he pointed his finger at Hyuk.

'I'll give you one of mine and we'll go shopping for more today, okay you sulky child?'

Hae's eyes lit up as he dropped the pillow to cheer with his hands in the air.

Hyuk slowly scanned his body, his lips.

Hae's cheeks flushed as he quickly picked up the pillow and ran off to the bathroom.

'Yeah, work that , baby!' Hyuk huskily said, chuckling as he heard Hae's offended yelp.