Chapter Seventy Eight

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hae dragged Henry through the house, knocking on several bedroom doors until he found the right one.

Taeyeon opened it and smiled. 'Can I help you?'

Hae bowed. 'Can we come inside, I need to beg for a favour.'

Taeyeon eyed the human and the Lee with suspicion but then nodded.

Hyoyeon was sleeping on one of the two beds, she looked very pale.

'Is she alright?' Henry asked.

'Hyo has it tough with all the predictions, they so much energy out of her.' Taeyeon sighed.

Hae stepped up to the sleeping girl and saw the frown on her face. He conjured some water and wanted to wrap it around her tense neck muscles but suddenly a knife was held against Hae's throat.

Junsu was sitting in the window frame. He controlled the knife from a distance. 'Don't harm her.'

'I-I wasn't, that water has relaxation features.' Hae stuttered.

'Use it on me first, so I can check.' Taeyeon ordered.

Hae obeyed and sent the water towards the healer, the knife still threatening against his throat. Taeyeon sighed in delight as she felt the water massaging her muscles. 'It's legit, Junsu.' The knife fell powerless on the ground.

Hae conjured some more water and placed it around Hyoyeon.

'So what do you want from us?' Taeyeon asked.

'This is my friend Henry, as you can sense he's human but he's very ill. I can't heal him, I hoped you could with your exceptional talent.' Hae said humbled.

Taeyeon slowly walked towards Henry.

'It-it's okay if you can't or don't want to.' Henry stuttered.

'Shhhh.' Taeyeon said gently as she closed her eyes and let her hands scan his body. When she opened them, pain and compassion was seen in her eyes.

'You must be in so much pain.' She whispered as she cupped his face. 'But I'll try to help you.'

Henry's face lit up and he couldn't stop himself from hugging the beautiful girl.

Hae looked excited too until he saw the door opening and a devastated Amber behind it. 'It's not what you think!' He yelled out.

Henry looked to the side and saw Amber. He quickly dropped his arms.

Amber banned the hurt from her eyes and forced a smile. 'Ah, here you are.' She bowed to the Kim's in the room.

Henry tried to approach her but she clearly flinched so he stopped, hanging his head low.

Hae wanted to fix the misunderstanding but suddenly Hyoyeon started trashing about in the bed. They all ran to her. Her eyes were opening but rolling back.

'She's having a prediction.' Junsu said.

'The....the...dragon.' Hyoyeon mumbled.

'What about the dragon?' Taeyeon informed.

'He's in pain.'

'Who's the dragon?' Junsu asked.

Hyoyeon shook her head and started to cry out in pain. 'It hurts! It hurts!' She screamed.

Heechul burst into the room. 'What is going on?'

'She's talking about a dragon in pain.' Hae bit his lip.

'Wake her up, she's in too much pain.' Junsu panicked as he saw the girl grimacing.

Hae couldn't stand it any longer either, he just threw some water in her face, effectively waking her up. Taeyeon immediately started healing the overexhausted body of the seer.

 

'Do dragons exist too?' Henry asked as they were all gathered.

'No, they became extinct centuries ago.' Hyuk said.

'Then who is this dragon she was talking about?' Hae asked.

'She has mentioned him before.' Heechul sighed. 'She's been mentioning him for decades.'

'She sees no image of him?' Siwon asked.

Heechul shook his head.

'There is this myth though.' Kyu hesitated.

'What myth?' Minho asked.

'That before the dragons became extinct, they planted their powers in some people.' Kyu said.

'Yeah I heard that too, they also say that my power comes from them.' Hyuk said.

'So it's true that our powers come from various creatures?' Taemin wondered, enjoying Minho's backhug.

'Are you in pain Hyuk?' Hae asked.

'What? No.' Hyuk responded.

'So you aren't the dragon she's talking about.' Hae stated in relief.

'Look at him. A dragon? Pfffft. He's more like a firefly.' Kyu mocked.

'Kyuhyun.' Min warned.

'What? Look at him, seriously and he's so wrapped around Hae's little finger.' Kyu laughed.

Flames surrounded Hyuk's body as he prepared to attack the hunter. Hae shrieked and immediately protected Kyu but unfortunately at the exact same time Min wanted to place an electric shield so they ended up electroshocking him. Kyu's body convulsed and he let out a high pitched yelp before he fainted.

'Oops.' Hae mumbled while Hyuk collapsed in a hysterical fit of laughter.

'That was so damn entertaining!' He hiccuped as he saw Min waking up the dazzled hunter.

Kyu looked up at his lover, his bottom lip slowly turning into a pout. 'You too, Minnie?'

'No Kyu, nooooo, it was an accident. I'm so sorry.' Sungmin said while placing kisses all over his face.

'Someone is approaching us.' Yesung suddenly said.

'Who is?' Heechul asked.

'I can't tell.' Yesung said as he kept concentrating.

'Let's be careful' Hyuk said.

The four leaders went downstairs and waited for the intruder. Some of the others were standing behind them.

'Incoming.' Yesung warned and a couple of seconds later they saw Krystal in front of them.

Hae wanted to hug her but Hyuk stopped him.

'Are you okay, Krystal?' Kyu asked.

Krystal started crying. 'Oppa.' She cried out as she threw herself in Kyu's arms.

'Is it really her?' Jessica came running from the stairs with Yunho right behind her. They saw Krystal and Jessica screamed in delight as she hugged her sister.

Heechul looked at Yesung.

'I can only sense pain and grief.' Yeye said.

Sooyoung also shook her head. 'She's happy to see her family.'

The four leaders shared looks and silently told each other to stay on high alert.

Hyuk worriedly Hae's back as he felt that lots of things were going on. Things he had no control over. He didn't like it one bit.