Chapter Eighty Three

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Aish, stop wind surfing!' Minho whined.

'Why? I like racing through the air.' Taemin pouted but stopped and started to walk next to Minho.

'Cause then I can't do this.' Minho said and put his arm around Taemin's waist.

They arrived at the study and Minho knocked.

'Enter' Yunho said.

Minho and Taemin walked in and looked around.

Yunho was sitting at a desk and looked up at them. 'Yes?'

'Isn't Krystal here?' Taemin asked.

'No.' Yunho answered.

'But she told me to get Minho and to meet up here.' Taemin frowned.

'How strange why would she call me here and not be here?' Minho scratched his head.

Jessica came in with some tea for her brother. 'Hey guys, where is Donghae? Wasn't he with you, Minho?'

The vampires froze. Yunho saw it. 'What?'

'Damn it!' Minho cussed and flashed away, quickly followed by Taemin.

 

Hae saw his best friend passing out. He saw blood flowing through Hyuk's hands that were pressed against the wound.

'Kyu!, oh my god, Kyu! Why did you step in between?!' Krystal was hysterical.

Hae immediately surrounded both Hyuk and Kyu with water. He started healing Kyu and noticed Hyuk was already using his purple flames as well. As the healing water started reforming Kyu's blood vessels, the flames were checking the organs and healing those.

Hae stood up and stared at Krystal. The usual gentleness he had by nature was gone, his eyes changed to sapphire and seemed dead cold as they pierced through Krystal's. He slowly approached her, his presence becoming more and more threatening.

'W-wait! I didn't mean to harm him!' Krystal cried out.

'Not only did you cause pain to my best friend but you could have killed my Hyuk.' Hae growled as he conjured hundreds of water darts, before Krystal could react she felt them cutting her skin. She screamed out in pain. Hae lifted her up surrounding her in a bubble of water, salt water. The salt rubbed against her many cuts and caused her to cry out even more.

'Hyukjae, tell him to stop!' Krystal yelled.

Hyuk didn't even turn around. 'Why should I? You are lucky it's not me, right now I could end you for trying to kill Hae.' He said softly as he finally turned his head and showed her the contempt in his eyes.

Minho appeared. He froze at the sight. Taemin bumped into him.

'Krystal!' Yunho shouted as he and Jessica showed up.

'Let her go!' Jessica yelled at Hae, kicking him in despair.

Hae stared at Jessica, she was taken aback by the coldness. 'If she hurts someone again, I'll search for her day and night and end her.' He said clearly and threw her against Yunho.

Yunho had seen Kyu's state and Hyuk's pale face. 'What did she do?'

Hyuk got up, carrying Kyu in his arms. He glanced at Yunho. 'She went for Hae and Kyu came in between, she pierced him with that rod of hers. Hae let's go find Taeyeon.' He flashed away, followed by Hae.

'Krystal?' Jessica breathed, in deep shock.

'What? Oh please, don't give me that look, that water handler is poison, he's ruining everything, he must die!' She screamed.

Her head was forced back by the slap Yunho gave her. Tears appeared in her eyes as she watched her brother's disappointment.

'Yunho?' Krystal cupped her swelling cheek in utter shock. Yunho had never hit her before.

'We'll lock her up for now, my apologies for the harm she has caused.' Yunho said to Minho and Taemin, grabbing Krystal and disappearing.

 

'Heechul! We need Taeyeon!' Hyuk screamed through the house, quickly carrying Kyu to his bedroom.

Heechul and Sungmin appeared.

Min's eyes grew large as he saw the state of his lover. His eyes went to Hyuk who just looked away, jaw clenched.

'It's my fault, Minnie.' Hae mumbled as he started to remove Kyu's shirt.

'Taeyeon is with Hyoyeon, go grab her.' Heechul told Hyuk.

Sungmin tried to remain calm. With trembling hands he removed a strand of hair that was covering Kyu's face. Kyu's eyes fluttered open.

'Minnie...'

Min bit his lip and forced out a smile. 'Hey troublemaker.'

'Hae!' Kyu screamed remembering what happened.

'I'm here, you idiot!' Hae sobbed, emotions taking over.

Kyu shifted his gaze and scanned Hae's body. He slumped back into the bed in relief. 'You are fine, Hae is fine.' He whispered more to himself than to anyone else.

'You are the one in a total mess! How stupid to just jump in between, you could have died!' Hae shouted.

Kyu's eyes softened. 'Silly fish, if I hadn't, your boy toy would have been killed. I didn't want to spend the rest of eternity with a broken hearted best friend.'

Hae broke down, holding Kyu's hand.

'Who stabbed you?' Min's voice was cracking.

'It's taken care of.' Hae said sensing the murderous undertone in the lightning handler's words.

'You...you...' Min said, pointing at Kyu.

'Calm down, Sungmin.' Heechul placed his hand on his shoulder.

'Don't ever leave my sight ever again.' Min grabbed Kyu's chin, forcing their eyes to meet.

'I'll be okay, baby.' Kyu said softly.

'You say while you are bleeding all over the place.' Min growled.

Kyu pouted. 'I want sweet, caring Minnie not this killer bunny version.'

Taeyeon ran in, she looked at the wound. 'You guys did really well.' She complimented Hyuk and Hae.

'Will he be alright?' Heechul asked.

'Yes, he's lucky he's a hunter, this would have killed any of us.' She replied.

'Why are you smirking like that?' Min shouted at Kyu. 'Don't you get it, you big fool, you could have died!'

Kyu looked at Hyuk. 'I'm just glad I'm more than food now.'