Chapter Eighty Two

Between Betrayal and Lust

'Oh wow.' Onew gasped.

'What is it?' Siwon looked up from his book. His eyes searched his surroundings and fell upon a Hyuk carrying a topless Hae. They widened as they saw bite marks all over Hae's torso. Siwon got up and ran towards the couple. 'Oh my god, what happened? Are you okay, Hae?'

Hae slid down from his lover's back and grinned. 'I'm fine, I was just a bit lazy and Hyuk insisted on carrying me.'

Hyuk huffed. You just refused to move one inch because I dropped you in the water, you big baby.

'Maybe Hyuk wants to explain Hae's wounds.' Kyu's voice came from a window on the second floor. They all looked up and Hyuk gulped as he saw Kyu's not so amused face. 'Meet me up in the library, alone.'

Min stood behind the hunter and saw the clenched fists. 'Kyu, it's between them.' he whispered.

Kyu turned around. 'I know.' He smiled. 'I just want to scare the hell out of the fire bug.'

Min rolled his eyes. 'Good god, you two should just admit your awkward little bromance.'

'I don't like what you are implying there, Minnie.' Kyu pouted.

'Tough luck.' Min said and walked away.

 

'So, I counted about 7 marks on Hae and I assume there are many more underneath his pants.' Kyu said ice cold.

Hyuk looked at the ground.

'What happened?' Kyu asked.

'I made sure he understands that he's mine.' Hyuk said.

'Well that's your first mistake there. Hae's mine.' Kyu said.

Hyuk's head snapped into his direction. His eyes were piercing through Kyu's. 'Excuse me?'

'I've known him the longest, I've shared my blood with him, I've slept with him countless times,...' Kyu listed.

'You better shut up right there.' Hyuk growled.

'Or what?'

'Or I'll tear your throat apart.'

'You and what army?'

'Hae was a when I...when I....'

'Molested him?'

'He liked it!'

'Well I never said I had with him, we just slept together a lot, like in the actual sleeping part that you seem to skip in favour of mutilating my best friend.'

'He's not as innocent as he seems!' Hyuk yelled.

'Yeah, I know, yet people will naturally baby him. Aish, I don't envy you. You will always be the one that corrupts poor, innocent, oblivious Hae.' Kyu smirked.

'So what is the real reason you wanted to talk to me?' Hyuk asked.

Kyu frowned. 'You could tell?'

'You aren't really a good actor, punk.'

Kyu gasped. 'Ouch, oh well. Anyway, lift up a fire shield around us.'

Hyuk conjured the shield.

'Good, I don't want any eavesdroppers.' Kyu said.

'What's going on?'

'I sense trouble coming.'

Hyuk rolled his eyes. 'You spent too much time with Yeye.'

Kyu smacked Hyuk's arm, hard. 'Seriously, it's all in the air and I know you sense it too.'

Hyuk closed his mouth and nodded.

'Maybe we should send some people somewhere else, so they can't get hurt.' Kyu said.

Hyuk inhaled and slowly let the air out. 'That is my first reaction too, but it is a fact that Hae and I are very strong together and Minnie is one hell of a fighter.'

Kyu's eyes showed fear. 'But they could get hurt or worse, they could die.'

Hyuk grabbed Kyu's shoulders, startling the hunter. Then, he hugged him. 'I feel the same, Kyu, but we can't lock them up.' He felt how Kyu relaxed in his embrace then the hunter pulled away. 'If you ever mention this, I'll deny it all the way.'

Hyuk laughed.

 

Krystal approached Taemin. 'Hey, can you fetch Minho? I would like to speak with him.'

Taemin frowned. 'Why?'

'I just have a question about mind control, I'll be in the study.'

 

As soon as Taemin left to get Minho, she followed the boy. Krystal knew Minho was watching the water handler practice by the lake.

She saw Taemin and Minho having a discussion but finally they both left. And there, unaware of his surroundings was Hae. He was concentrating on making various weapons with water. He suddenly dropped everything and started talking.

'Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there.' Hae said.

Krystal froze.

'Oh don't look so offended at me, mr. fish, I'll be more careful from now on!' Hae bowed.

Krystal relaxed as she figured out he wasn't adressing her. She jumped up, spun her metal rod and landed right behind Hae. Hae startled and turned around while he quickly shielded himself. 'K-Krystal?'

'Shut up and die.' Krystal said, hate radiating from her entire body.

Hae looked utterly shocked as she started attacking his shield. Every hit took away a bit of energy. He controlled his heart beat and refused to be scared, since he didn't want Siwon or Kyu to see this.

'Krystal what's wrong?'

'You...are...pure...evil.' She said in between hits.

Hae couldn't attack her back. 'Krystal, let's talk this through.'

'Hell no, you'll manipulate me just like you do with everyone else! You got it all worked out for you, every single vampire in those clans will protect you and even my siblings and Kyuhyun.'

'Krystal, please.' Hae spoke as he was draining quickly. He jumped away, trying to create a distance. His shield was flickering.

'You should have attacked me back, then you might have had a shot, you idiot.' She shouted as she went for the kill.

'Krystal, don't!'  Suddenly Hyuk appeared in front of Hae, there was no time to shield himself.

Hae heard the rod piercing the body. He screamed as he saw blood splashing everywhere. His heart stopped for a second as fear took over. 'Hyukkkkkkkkkkk!'

Hyuk just stood there in shock. His eyes wide open. 'Why?'

He felt Kyu's body slumping back against his.

Krystal removed the rod from Kyu's body. 'Kyu!!!' She yelled.

Hae finally realised that it wasn't Hyuk that got wounded but it was his best friend that had jumped in front of Hyuk at the last second.

'It's okay. She didn't hit anything too vital.' Kyu groaned as the rod was leaving his body. Hyuk immediately pressed his hands on the wound.

'Kyu?' Hae whimpered as all he could see was blood.

'Don't cry Hae, all will be fine, all will...' Blackness took over as Kyu fainted.