Chapter Twenty Four

Between Betrayal and Lust

Hyuk woke up with a smile. God he felt good. He felt the younger lying next to him, almost half on top of him. He didn't care. He really had enjoyed having with his water handler. Of course it must have been the hormone explosion of the alignment making it all magical and special but still, it was something that Hyuk would treasure.

He looked down to the soft features of Hae and his smile grew. Maybe it wasn't that bad that they were bonded. Hyuk yawned and lifted the fire shield. He was awake enough now, they didn't need protection. He saw Hae move and he watched the younger waking up.

Hae woke up with a splitting headache. He felt some cozy source of warmth next to him and he snuggled against it. He groaned as the throbbing inside his head got worse. Why do I feel so bad?

Hyuk felt a weird feeling in his stomach and figured he was hungry. 'Hey Donghae, let's get ready for breakfast so I can check if everyone made it back alive.' Hyuk said as he shoved Hae away from him.

Gone was the warmth. Hae blinked as the daylight, shining through the windows, was too harsh for him.

'Hyuk I don't feel so good.' Hae said.

Hyuk frowned as he felt never better. 'What's wrong?'

'Headache.' Hae mumbled. He looked into Hyuk's eyes and froze.

Hyuk saw it. 'What? Aish, you aren't going to freak out on me because we had , right? Seriously Donghae....I...'

'You....you.....killed.....me.' Hae choked out.

Hyuk looked at him. 'Well that is a harsh way to put it. Actually I saved your life, we explained this to you, Donghae, vampires need on....'

'No...you-you killed me last time and we....we were best friends.' Tears came out of his sapphire blue eyes.

Hyuk was startled. His heart started beating fast. 'Donghae....you remember everything now?' He tried to approach him.

'Don't!' Hae shouted. He quickly opened the window and conjured a huge wave as he escaped. 'Leave me alone' He cried out.

 

Kyu jumped off the bed, holding his itching arm.

'What's up?' Min asked.

'Hae, upset.' Kyu shouted and started running.

 

'Where are Donghae and Kyuhyun?' Sunny asked curiously. The Lees were having their breakfast together. Hyuk seemed absent minded.

Sungmin looked at their leader and sighed. 'Don't worry, Sunny, they are both alive.'

'How do you know?' Onew asked.

'I saw Kyu this morning and suddenly his scar started itching, he said Hae was upset and...'

Hyuk slammed his fist on the table.

Everyone looked at him.

'Damn it, damn it, damn it!' Hyuk yelled as he threw his plate against the wall.

'And I'm guessing Hyuk knows why Hae is upset.' Sungmin added.

'He knows!' Hyuk shouted.

'Knows what, hyung?' Taemin whispered.

'He has fully awakened.' Hyuk said.

'Isn't that a good thing?' Amber frowned.

'Oooooh not for Hyukjae since the last memory of the previous water handler is the fire handler killing him.' Sungmin sighed.

They all looked at their leader.

'Hey look at the bright side, oppa. At least he got laid last night and did the proper job of pleasing his partner, I'm sure those pleasure hormones will win over his little shock now.' Amber said while grabbing another piece of toast.

Hyuk swallowed. He closed his eyes and cussed again. 'Why did he look so damn hurt, he betrayed us back then!' Hyuk shouted.

 

Kyu followed his instincts and listened to what the itching scar told him. Of course he was way slower than Hae but eventually he caught up with his best friend. He hesitated as he observed how crushed Hae looked.

'Hae, don't startle, it's me, Kyu.' Kyu said softly as he approached him.

Hae didn't respond he just kept crying his eyes out with his arms wrapped around his legs and his head resting on his knees.

Kyu pulled the boy against his chest. He let him cry for a while until he felt him relax.

'Can you tell me what is going on?' Kyu asked gently.

'H-H-Hyukjae k-k-k-killed me.'

Kyu frowned. 'You mean he hurt you? How? What did that bastard do to you?'

'He r-r-really k-k-killed me.'

'Hae baby, I don't understand what you are saying, you are alive.'

'My previous life or I should say, the water handler before me.'

'Hyuk killed the water handler before you.'

'Well, the fire handler before Hyukjae did.'

'I never thought I would say this to you, but what you said is too complicated for me to understand, I think.' Kyu frowned.

'You know how when one of us dies, within the next generation a new one will be born?'

'Ahhhh I get it, so the one before Hyuk killed the one before you.'

'Yes'

'Why?'

Hae frowned. He stopped crying. 'I don't know.'

'Shouldn't you ask him?'

'All I know is that we were best friends one moment and the next moment h-h-he killed me. Kyu it was so painful, I still remember the pain, the pain is just too...' Hae fainted in Kyu's arms.

 

'Min? Kyu here'

'How did you get this number?'

It's not important how I got your cell phone number, listen up. Can I trust you?' Kyu said bluntly.

'Yes.' Sungmin said immediately.

'I found Hae, he fainted, I bet you know what is going on. Is it safe for me to bring Hae to you guys or should we go into hiding?'

'He is safe with us, as are you, Kyu.'

'That's all I needed to know, I'll be there as soon as I can.'

'Wouldn't it be better you told me where you were so I can come and get you?' Min asked and then realised that Kyu already hung up. For a genius he really can act like an idiot sometimes especially when it comes to Hae. Min smiled.

He turned to Hyuk. 'Kyu found him and is bringing him over. All will be fine.'

'Aish! This is just so bad.' Hyuk was frustrated. 'Why did he have to awaken now?'

'The probably triggered it.' Min shrugged. 'Anyway, did you two do it in the same room, you y monkey?' Min teased to distract the other.

Hyuk paled and looked away.

'Hyuk?' Min frowned.

'Don't ask.....please.' Hyuk said weakly as he left the room.

He never says please. Sungmin was getting worried now. What the hell happened last night?