Special Chapter: Seohyun in Heaven, Part 3

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

✻ chapter fourtyfive
seohyun in heaven, part 3
seohyun's pov
 
 

Yonghwa and I followed Eun Mi, Chan Doo, and Teen Top to the local noraebang. They filed into a karaoke room which dimly lit and had an expensive looking karaoke machine placed on a corner table and a TV screen on the wall. There was a row of couches on the other side and a table of snacks in the middle. 

Just as L.Joe was going to close the door, I pushed Yonghwa in. We crashed to the floor and he hit his head on the wall with a 'thud'. Rubbing his head, he looked at me with a 'WTF?!' look.

"Sorry..." I said apologetically, getting up and brushing off the invisible lint on my clothes. "Even though we're angels, we can still touch stuff on Earth, only not people and for some unknown reason, doors."

Yonghwa gave me a questioning look as I helped him up and I shrugged. "Don't ask me, I don't know who made the rules."

Niel put on an old trot song called 'Rokkugo' by SJ-T and grabbed a couple microphones off a nearby rack. He handed it to Chunji and Ricky and they began to sing and dance like idiots. 

"Rokkugo! Rokkugo! Rokkugo! Marhaemar! Rokkugo! Rokkugo! Rokkugo! Marhaemal!"

After a few more songs were played (I Am the Best, Beautiful Target, and Gee), L.Joe put on 'Far Away... Young Love' by C-Clown and got up to rap with Chunji.

"Aw, how sweet! He's going to serenade Eun Mi!" I exclaimed to Yonghwa. "He's so romantic!"

During the middle of the song, I made my way to the karaoke machine and peered at the screen. I twisted a knob and pushed a few buttons. The lyrics on the screen sped up and the sound cut off to the ending of the song. 

L.Joe stopped rapping as the screen sped up and flashed. "Uh, what's going on?"

Everyone looked at the karaoke machine. Since they couldn't see me, all they saw were knobs and buttons going haywire. Eun Mi gasped and pointed. "Whoa, look at that!"

Changjo looked a bit creeped out and nudged C.A.P. "That's not normal hyung..."

"Uh, I'm pretty sure it's nothing..." He said, careful not to show any sign of worry. "It's probably a malfunction or something."

"Yeah, probably..." Everyone agreed nervously. Yonghwa gave me a thumbs up and mouthed "Good one!"

Chunji went to turn off the machine and the screen turned black and the sound turned off. "Well then, since it won't work anymore, what do you guys want to do now?"

"Why don't we just stay here and talk or something? We already rented this room and stuff..." Sooyoung said. 

Everyone agreed and they sat down, ignoring the current event. Chan Doo still looked a bit unsettled and glanced at the karaoke machine, but looked away once the group settled down.

Upon that agreement, a fun game of 'I Love You' began. Loser had to pay for the renting of the room.

Starting from Sooyoung, she told Changjo she loved him ("Ew, we're siblings!!" She said, trying not to be disgusted) and he happily accepted, turning to Eun Mi, who was on his left. L.Joe glared at him, but the dancer ignored him and smiled at Eun Mi.

"I love you~" He said in a sweet voice. Trying not to laugh, Eun Mi accepted it and turned to her beloved L.Joe.

She made a cute face and said, "Saranghae~"

L.Joe's face was scrunched up in concentration, and turned to Chan Doo. He gasped out a quick "I love you" and let out a sigh of relief, glad he didn't laugh. 

Chan Doo turned to Pulip to continue the chain but Yonghwa took a nearby microphone and held it behind her head. His little brother's eyes widened in surprised, for all he saw was a floating microphone. Nothing holding it up, it was just floating right there in the air. 

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!" He shrieked and pointed at the floating object. Startled, everyone looked where he was pointing.

"What the-? Why is that floating?"

"Niel, is this one of your pranks again?" 

"No, it's not me! I'm all the way over here!" 

Yonghwa brought the mic up to his lips and whispered into it with a raspy voice. "Leave..."

The group froze at the sound of the voice. He continued. "I said leave. Leave before something bad happens to you..."

"Whoever's doing this, it isn't funny!" Ricky whined. C.A.P. nodded in agreement.

Chunji interupted with a worried voice. "Guys, karaoke machines don't just turn off like that, microphones don't start growing wings to fly, and creepy voice don't just come from nowhere. This is weird... it's like in those horror movies, where a ghost possesses everything..."

"You watch too many of those!" Pulip told him. But all of them were scared, it showed on all of their faces.

There was an awkward silence where all they did was stare at the microphone, still in mid-air. After a few seconds, I whispered into the device one last time.

"Boo."

With that, everyone started screaming and running out of the room for their lives. Scrambling in front of the others, Ricky ran out the door and the others followed suit.

The owner of the place came out of his office and peered at the running kids. "Ya, you haven't paid yet-"

"GHOST!!!!!" They screamed back at him. He fell off his chair and the continued out the door, away from the haunted karaoke room. 

It took a few seconds for Yonghwa and I to process everything that just happened. When we finally did, we both burst out into fits of laughter.

"Did you see the looks on their faces?!" 

"Yeah, it was hilarious!"

I really liked his laugh. It was really contagious, I couldn't help but laugh along with him. The owner walked into the karaoke booth to see why the kids had ran out in fear. The table was flipped over and the snacks had landed on the floor, the pillows on the couches were thrown astrew, and the microphone was still in Yonghwa's hand.

Yonghwa lowered the mic, not wanting to scare anymore people, but the owner wasn't paying attention to that. He scanned Yonghwa up and down, as if he could see him.

"Hey, why is this place a mess? Do you even know how much I hate cleaning this place?" The owner said to him.

My partner looked over at me alarmingly. Could he see him?

"Kid, just go home unless you want to help." 

"Uh... okay."

Yonghwa left the room, walking down the hallway and I followed him. "Whoa, he saw you? How did he see you?"

"I have no idea. Aren't we supposed to be angels? Invisibility is important..." He told me. 

Then it hit me. "Wait, where's that butterfly thing Kyuhyun gave us?"

We both stared at each other and then panicked. "Oh crap, it could be anywhere right now!"

Both of us looked around at our surroundings to find that magical piece of paper until something caught my eye. I walked over to the front door of the noraebang and saw the butterfly. It's wing was stuck in between the door and it's hinges, not allowing it to fly away. 

I laughed as I gently pulled it out and ended it's misery. The butterfly was glowing red, indicating our time was almost up. "Yonghwa, we should get going now. Maybe that's why the man could see you."

"Arasseo. But how do we get back up in Heaven?" He asked me.

"I'll show you." I sighed and brought my hands to my mouth.Taking a deep breath, I screamed into the sky. "Zergling Rush!!!!"

A few seconds later, a rainbow appeared from the sky right above our heads. It ended right in front of us, acting like staires for us to climb up. 

"Why did you just scream 'zergling rush'? What in the world does that even mean?" Yonghwa asked me, google-eyed.

"It has something to do with StarCraft." I explained. "When I say Kyuhyun takes his video games seriously, I mean it. Now, let's go!"

Yonghwa let me go up first as we climed the multi-colored rainbow, which was basically flowing and sparkling under the sun. 

"Today was really fun." Yonghwa told me as we climbed up, getting closer and closer to the clouds. Walking on the rainbow was really cool, how we could see everything underneath us from an angel's perspective.

"Yeah, I had lots of fun today too." I replied, which was true. Heaven was getting way to plain for my taste and today's little prank on our friends was a nice break from it all.

Chan Doo's older brother smiled and I broke into a blush.

I really hoped Yonghwa stayed in the room next to mine back in the hotel. Maybe he could teach me how to play guitar or something.

Hmmm. Maybe Heaven won't be so bad after all.