The Twins

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

 

✻ chapter twentyseven:
the twins
eun mi's pov
 

 

"L.Joe hyung, you messed up the most!" Ricky cried.

"No, I didn't! Niel did!" L.Joe protested.

"You know it wasn't me!" Niel argued back.

"So that means Changjo won!" Chunji exclaimed. L.Joe grunted as the Teen Top members started laughing and I did too. He caught my eye and we both smiled. 

It has been around two weeks ever since I told L.Joe I loved him. We've been inseperable ever since. L.Joe and Changjo are close friends and he is a member of Teen Top now. Things couldn't have turned out better. 

Changjo saw us secretly smiling and he pretended to glare at L.Joe. I said they were best friends, but I didn't say they didn't stop fighting over me. They were such immature kids. 

The teacher came in and two students trailed behind her. The class grew quiet and stared at the two students with interest. 

"I'm very happy to introduce to you our new transfer students from America. They're brothers and sisters and know how to speak both English and Korean fluently." The teacher said. I looked over at L.Joe since he knew how to speak English too.

The girl had short brown hair and was very tall (compared to the rest of the school). She raised her hand and waved to us. "Annyeong! I'm Jung Ji Yoo."

The boy was taller by a few inches and had brown hair as well. He flipped his hair coolly. "Hey. I'm Jung Yoo Jin. I'm the older sibling between us two."

I could already hear the girls squealing and the boys whispering. L.Joe and I rolled our eyes at the same time.

"I hope our class will welcome them with warm greetings. Please choose your seats and settle down so we can get down to today's lesson." The teacher said.

Ji Yoo met my eyes and tugged on Yoo Jin's shirt, telling him to follow her. She sat down in the seat in front of me and gave me a smile. I smiled back. 

"Hi, what's your name?" She said in English. I looked over at L.Joe for help.

"She's asking for your name."

I turned back to her. "My name is Eun Mi."

"Pretty!" She complimented. Then she turned around to the front and whispered something to her brother. 

Class went by as usual, but when lunch came I invited Ji Yoo and Yoo Jin to eat with us. Sure, our table was already crowded, but the more the merrier, right?

The siblings quickly got along with us and laughed at our goofiness. I had a really good feeling we were going to be great friends. Yoo Jin would keep glancing at me from time to time, but I shook it off and listened to L.Joe speak in English with Ji Yoo.

I noticed Changjo was unusually quiet today. He always liked talking to other people, especially when it came to subjects like these. So when school ended, I went up to him to ask what was wrong. 

"Nothing at all." He said.

I raised my eyebrows. "What is it?"

"Nothing!" 

I hugged his arm and tried to do some aegyo. "Changjo-ah, tell meeee!"

He laughed and finally answered, but in a seriously tone. "I got accepted into a really good dance program..."

I smiled and was about to congratulate him when he continued.

"...in Japan."

The smile slipped off my face and I let go of his arm. "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow night."

"AND YOU WEREN'T GOING TO TELL ME?!?!" 

L.Joe saw me shout and he came over. "What's wrong, guys?"

"Oppa, Changjo's leaving for Japan and he didn't tell me!" I pointed at him accusingly.

The blonde-haired Kingka looked surprised. "You didn't know?"

I was shocked. "W-wait, everyone knew except me?"

Changjo scratched his head. "I wanted it to be a surprise?" He said it like a question.

"That's a bad surprise!" I punched him playfully. "You're mean, you know that right?"

He moved out of my reach and stuck his tongue out. "I'll be gone for only two or three weeks, so I'll be back before you know it."

I smiled this time. "I'm happy for you. Congratulations, Changjo-ah."

"I know." He winked at me. "Well, I'll be going now. Sooyoung's waiting for me."

"Arasseo. See you tomorrow, Changjo." L.Joe said. 

The Choi siblings went home and L.Joe did too. He wanted to walk me to my apartment but I begged him to let me go alone for once. He reluctantly agreed and left first.

Changjo was leaving tomorrow. He was one of my best friends, yet he didn't tell me. That selfish jerk. I can still talk to him over the Internet though, so I guess that's alright. 

I unlocked the door to my apartment and was about to go in when I spotted an envelope on the ground, sticking out from under the door-mat. I picked it up and saw it was from the person that rented me this apartment. I took out the letter and read it, wondering if anything was wrong.

I read the first sentence and my school bag dropped to the ground. I quickly scanned the rest of the letter and began to panic.

What was going on?