The Trip to Lotte World Part 2

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

 
✻ chapter twentyfour:
the trip to lotte world, part 2
eun mi's pov
 

L.Joe looked at the boy and his eyes narrowed. There was no doubt about it; it was him.  He slipped out of my grip and went towards Jessica and Jaejoong.

Before I could stop him, he had punched Jaejoong in the mouth.  “Ya, you bastard! You have the nerve to show up after what you did?”

Jaejoong, who was taken by the art of surprise, touched his mouth as blood came onto his fingers. He smirked. “Ah, it’s you again…”

Jessica’s eyes widened at the sight of us. “What are you doing to my brother?”

L.Joe turned over to her, angrily, and showed her his arm. “You set him up, didn’t you? It was you who told him to get revenge by hurting me!”

“Mwuh? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb with me!”

I grabed onto L.Joe and tried to hold him back from striking again. I could see the anger in his eyes and it scared me. “L.Joe, don’t! You haven’t fully recovered yet!”

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jessica seemed like she was telling the truth. “What did my brother do?”

L.Joe glared at Jaejoong, who had an amused look on his face. “Tell her.”

He shrugged and didn’t try to deny anything. He pointed at me. “I tried to *insert naughty word here* her.”

“You did WHAT?!” Jessica shrieked. “What are you thinking? Do you know how bad my image will become if people find out about this?”

“Shut up, Sica. Stop making such a scene.” Jaejoong pointed at the other people who stared to stare at us. I also saw the other Teen Top members coming over to our small group.

“Hey, it’s Evil Queen Jessica!” Niel exclaimed. “And her sidekick-servant JaeJae!”

Chunji elbowed him again and he winced. “Not helping.”

I looked around at our ‘friendly’ gathering and saw L.Joe and Jaejoong glaring daggers at each other. Now  that everyone was here, I was afraid a fight would break out.

C.A.P. sensed my nervousness and tried to help me. “It’s nice meeting you here, but we really do need to go.”

“Why? We just met each other.” Jaejoong smirked evilly in my direction. “Shouldn’t we introduce ourselves properly?”

“I don’t think that’s necessary, you ert.” L.Joe said coldly. He took my hand and forced me to follow. The other Teen Top members looked at us weirdly as I glanced back at the siblings. Jessica looked really ticked off at her brother… but I could understand; I would be so embarrassed and ashamed if everyone knew my brother had tried to *Insert naught word here* the lowlife nerd from school.

“L.Joe, let go.”

He dragged me behind him, slipping in and out of the crowd and making sure I didn’t bump into anybody.

“L.Joe, please!”

He didn’t let go, so I planted my feet into the ground.

“Oppa, you’re hurting me.”

He finally turned around and examined my pink wrists. I could see his eyes soften when he heard me call him ‘oppa’. I continued to call him that.

“Oppa, I’m happy that you care for me but I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me so much.”

“I just don’t want to see you hurt.” He looked into my eyes seriously this time. “I won’t sit back and watch if someone makes you unhappy.”

“L.Joe, I-“

He cut me off by placing his lips onto mine.

He didn’t care about the people around us. He didn’t care that they could see us. He didn’t even think of the rumors that would be spread about us. He just kissed me.

When he pulled away, I was blushing madly as he whispered to me. “Didn’t I tell you to call me oppa?”

He looked straight ahead as he pulled me along and we stayed silent until we got to the entrance of the amusement park. The other Teen Top members finally caught up to us.

“Noona, hyung! What was that all about?” Ricky asked us with curious eyes.

L.Joe looked away. “Nothing.”

The bus ride home was painfully long. For some reason, everybody stayed quiet and it felt really tense between us. Our little encounter with Jessica and Jaejoong had ruined our joyful day.

We got back to my apartment, where the boys would see me off and depart. They looked pretty tired from playing for so long.

“I had a lot of fun today, guys. Thanks so much for bringing me along!”

Ricky and Niel gave me a gigantic hug. “We had fun too! Can we go again soon?”

C.A.P. chuckled at his dongsaengs. “But not too soon, Eun Mi needs to rest.”

Chunji winked at me. “Let’s get going first! I think L.Joe needs to say something to her.”

They all agreed to leave and let us laugh some ‘alone time’. I blushed at what Chunji was thinking about us. I didn’t know he was the match-maker type.

When the others were gone, L.Joe pulled me into a warm hug. “I had a really great time with you today.”

I hugged him back. “I did too.”

“Eun Mi…” He whispered into my ear. “Please pick me.”

I gulped, hoping he didn’t know how nervous I was about picking either him or Changjo. That was such a big burden I had on my shoulders…

I nodded and pulled away but he held onto me. “I know I don’t deserve you… but please.”

“I’ll… I’ll think about it.” I blushed and went inside. “Good night, L.Joe.”

“It’s oppa.”

“…Good night, oppa.”