Special Chapter: Seohyun in Heaven, Part 2

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

✻ chapter fourtyfour
seohyun in heaven, part 2
seohyun's pov
 
 

"This channel is for watching your friends and this one is for watching your family." I showed Yonghwa the channels and flipped through them.

His eyes were glued onto the screen when I said "family." The screen showed a picture of a woman and a man at work while a young boy was at school, supposedly learning.

"He's studying so hard." Yonghwa murmured. I took a closer look at what must be his brother. He had a small build, black hair, and headphones hung around his neck.

Wait a second. Headphones could only mean one thing: Hong Chan Doo.

"Yonghwa, you're little brother is Chan Doo?" I asked in disbelief.

He looked surprised. "You know him?"

"Yes! We're in the same class at school. Er, I mean we were." I remember being friends with him a long time ago. "But I've never seen you around...?"

Yonghwa's eyes didn't leave the screen this time as he watched the young boy continue with his late night study session. "I'm older than Chan Doo by 2 years, so I've already graduated from high school.

"Oh..." I said knowingly. "So you're full name is Hong Yonghwa?"

"Ani." He shook his head. "It's Jung Yonghwa. I'm his step-brother."

Now I understood why Chan Doo never really liked his brother. He would always tell me how annoying and nagging he is. Step-siblings never seem to like each anyways. "Oh, I see. Chan Doo, he doesn't seem to..."

"Like me? I know." Yonghwa let out a small laugh. "I don't blame him though. He was the one with all the talent yet our parents wouldn't even pay attention to him."

"Mwuh?" I said, confuzzled. "I thought you were the perfect one."

"Me? No, it was Chan Doo. What makes you think that?"

"Because Chan Doo would always tell me how good you were at everything and how your parents were so proud of you." I recall him saying something like that.

"He said that?" Yonghwa looked back at the screen. Chan Doo was now stretching his back, then returned back to the lecture. "Really... But he's so cold to me. He ignores me a lot."

"You really care for him, don't you?" I asked him. "You care for him a lot. But why?"

Yonghwa sighed. "Like I said, our parents didn't support him. He was always the one who was in the back, forgotten. I wanted to support him and show him that there was someone who cared for him."

"Wow, you're such an understanding brother!" I exclaimed. "Too bad he kept pushing you away."

"Yeah, I guess." He watched as Chan Doo continue to listen and take notes. "I wish I was still there to support him though."

The atmosphere in the room had gotten a little gloomy and I didn't like it. I stood up and shut off the TV. "Hey, how about we go visit him?"

Yonghwa looked up at me. "What do you mean?"

"We're angels, we can go anywhere, duh." I said, crossing my arms. "All we need is a pass from the Head Angels and then we can go back down to Earth. Or Mars if you want."

"No joke?"

"Nope. So do you want to go now?" This would be so fun. I have only gone down there once because everybody else was too busy hogging the pass. "By the time we get there school should be over."

"Okay." Yonghwa stood up and followed me out into the hallway and  to the elevator. Yes, Heaven has an elevator with all those fancy buttons that are so tempting to push all at once.

The Head Angel of this building was Angel Kyuhyun. He was a fairly tall and cute brunette, but not as cute as Yonghwa here. And he always had this evil grin on his face whenever he played his video game 'StarCraft'. So weird.

Anyways, Kyuhyun was playing his video game in his office when we came in. "Kyuhyun-ssi, can I request a special pass to go outside of Heaven grounds?"

He didn't look up from his game. "Where to?"

"Earth, where else?"

His eyes lingered on the video game screen before he turned around and ripped a piece of paper from a notepad. "Names?"

"Seo Joo Hyun and Jung Yonghwa." I replied.

The gamer-angel eyed my partner suspiciously, eyes scanning up and down. "Why are you guys going to Earth so late in the night?"

"Late in the night? It's only 4:13pm!" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. It must be night-time in his video game mind or something.

"I just want to go visit my family." Yonghwa said politely. "It won't be long..."

Kyuhyun nodded his head in approval at the boy. "Arasseo. Let me fill it out and then you two can go."

He took the piece of paper, wrote our names down, printed his signature, and then folded it into an origami butterfly. He snapped his fingers and then the butterfly came to life, flapping its wings and flying into the air.

No matter how many times I watched him do that, I would still be amazed. Yonghwa let out a gasp. "Whoa, did you just...?"

"Yuppers." Kyuhyun grinned. The origami butterfly with our names flew over to us and landed on my finger. "Now, you guys have a time limit. When it's five minutes before you guys have to get back, the butterfly will start turning red."

"What happens if we don't get back on time?" Yonghwa asked, curious.

The expression on Kyuhyun's face turned sinisterly evil. "You don't want to know."

"Arasseo, we'll be back soon." Creeped out, I dragged the guitar boy out of the Head Angel's office. Kyuhyun was waaaaaay too creepy to be an angel. "Let's go!"

The streets of Heaven were filled with angels of all sorts. From the elderly to two-month-old babies, Heaven had them all. My mother was here too, but the "Mind/Agony" building was  like twelve blocks away.

Now this is when our wings come in handy. Sure, sometimes they can be a pain and get in the way of everything, but sometimes they can help you out a lot.

Yonghwa and I began to fly using our angel wings (yep, that's how awesome we are) to save time. The entrance of Heaven was a huge white gate with studded with pearls and diamonds and gold and whatnot, so you couldn't miss it.

The Head Angel in charge of who went in and who went out was Park Jungsoo, or Leeteuk. He's been in Heaven before I came, so he's probably been dead for awhile. He's from the "No Reason" hotel.

"Leeteuk-ssi! Can you please open the gate?" I asked him politely. 

"Of course." He flipped his hair and then opened a box with fancy panels and wires. His fingers flew everywhere and over the switches, making then light up. "May I ask who this young man is, Seohyun?"

"I'm Jung Yonghwa." Yonghwa bowed, his wings foliding behind him. "It's nice to meet you."

Leeteuk chuckled at me as the golden gates screeched open. "You got a nice one, eh?"

I turned a bit pink. "We're not like that!!" I looked over at my new partner, who looked a bit flustered as well.

The older angel grinned, showing off his amazing dimples. "Don't go for too long, Kyuhyun will get mad and might ruin your little date."

"Leeteuk-ssi!"

"Alright, alright, I won't tease you anymore. Now go before I cahnge my mind and close the entrance."

We obeyed and exited Heaven, wlaking among the white fluffy clouds. We heard the gates screech close and then suddenly we were falling....

...falling...

...falling...

...falling...

...still falling...

...falling...

author-nim, how long is this gonna take?

You didn't capitalize my name. I'm going to make you fall for two more minutes.

Aish... anyways, we were falling down, away from Heaven and hurdled towards Earth. We fell through the sky and watch the amazing view of the sun beginning to set behind us. 

"Over there!" I cried to Yonghwa. His hair was blowing all over the place, messing itself up, but he was still very attractive looking. I pointed to a large building under us, which was Namsan High. School had just let out and the students were going home.

He nodded at me and we both spread our wings and we flew towards our destination. Landing expertly on our feet, I watched as the endless crowd of students poured out of the school doors. 

"Where is he?" Yonghwa asked me. I scanned the faces of the students, some familiar to me and some not, and saw a familiar group of people exiting from the back of the school.

I motioned the older boy to follow me. "I see him!"

As I got closer to the group, the smile on my face grew bigger and bigger. Just like I had seen up in Heaven, Eun Mi was with L.Joe and the rest of Teen Top. She was smiling and laughing at what something Chunji and Niel had said. In the back of the group was Chan Doo and a short-haired girl... I think her name was Gil Pulip or something.

I ran up to Sooyoung, the one that was taller than me by a few centimeters, and jokingly smacked her arm. Of course, my hand didn't make contact with her and just bounced off her. "Ya, you dare take my place as Eun Mi's best friend?!"

She didn't here me, duh, and just turned back to my best friend and said, "Eun Mi, let's go somewhere fun today!"

The shorter girl smiled and tugged on L.Joe's arm. "Oppa, let's go!"

"Okay." The blondie that I once had thought was a cold jerk was smiling at my Eun Mi. I felt like a parent with a daughter that was getting married soon.

I had almost forgotten about Yonghwa until I turned around and saw him watching Chan Doo and Gil Pulip following the others. He smiled at the two and his gaze followed them. He looked kind of sentimental.

"Hey, Yonghwa, you okay over there?" I asked. 

He nodded. "Yeah. I'm just glad to see him doing well..."

I got a really fun idea and took Yonghwa's hand, dragging him behind me as I pretended to be in Eun Mi's tightly-knit group, walking with them to wherever they were going. "Let's go follow them!"

"Why, what for?"

I gave him one of my grins, not telling him what I had in mind. "You'll see."