The Request

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

 
✻ chapter nineteen:
the request
eun mi's pov
 
I took a deep breath and stepped out of the shadows. In the most normal voice I could muster, I said, "I'm back! Let's go look for some gifts or something!"
 
L.Joe looked surprised at my sudden appearance but Changjo was already up on his feet. "Alright."
 
I walked through the aisles of stuff, not really paying attention to what I was looking at. I was too busy thinking about what I had just overheard.  Both of them liked me, and it sounded a lot like they were going to fight over me. I didn't want that to happen.
 
I couldn't believe it. How is this possible, for two Kingkas to fall in love with me? This only happened in fairy-tales or love-stories. 
 
"Do you like that, EunMi?" L.Joe said from behind my shoulder. "I'll buy it for you."
 
I blinked. I was holding a necklace with a heart pendant in my hand. "Ah, aniyo, I was just looking at it."
 
I set it down and moved on to the cash register desk. There was an assortment of sweets on display, making the gift shop look like a bakery.  "Oh! I should buy something for Grandma Kim!" I looked through the sweets and picked one out to be boxed so I could give it to her. I paid for it and headed to the place where everyone was waiting.
 
"We should head back to pack our stuff. We'll be leaving back to Namsan soon." Sooyoung told me as I approached everyone.
 
We finished our little adventure in Mt. Maisan Provincial Park and went back to our 'house'. All we had to do was change from our damp clothes and haul our luggage into the bus that was already parked outside. 
 
I bid my farewells to the beautiful home and climbed onto the bus. The seating arrangements were the same as last time, only L.Joe and Changjo were sitting behind me while Chan Doo  and Changbum shared a seat.
 
The ride home seemed quick, so it felt like only half an hour until we arrived at our home city. The sky was a deep red and the sun was low in the sky. The bus dropped all of us off at the Choi sibling's house. The members of Teen Top were waiting for L.Joe there. As soon as he got off the bus, Ricky and Niel tackled him into a hug. 
 
"We missed you, Hyung!" Ricky said.
 
C.A.P. helped L.Joe pry the kids off of him. "Did you have fun?"
 
"Did you miss us?" Chunji teased. "You cried for us at night, right?"
 
L.Joe laughed and ruffled Niel's hair. He gladly answered all their questions.
 
I smiled. They really were like brothers. I admired their closeness and the strong bond they had with each other. 
 
Chan Doo, Eunjung, Changbum, and Hyoyeon went home first. Sooyoung invited me to stay and have dinner with them but I declined.  "Wae?" Sooyoung asked.
 
"I just feel kind of tired. And I have to do something when I get home."
 
"Oh. You'll be fine walking home, right?"
 
I nodded and propped my suitcase on it's wheels. "Yeah."
 
Ricky ran up to me and gave me a back hug. "Noona, we can walk you home!"
 
I smiled at his aegyo. "Okay, you can follow me."
 
L.Joe took Ricky's arm and pulled him off me. "Don't bother noona, Ricky."
 
I giggled. Someone was jelly-ous. Er, jealous.  I waved to Sooyoung and Changjo. "I had so much fun with you guys. Gommawo for bringing me along."
 
"No problem." Changjo said. "Get home safely!"
 
I went on the road that led to my apartment with Teen Top following behind me. They were lively and chatty.
 
"Hyung, did you get anything for us?" Niel asked.
 
L.Joe froze. "Uh..."
 
"Mwuh? You didn't?" 
 
"I forgot..." He sweat-dropped. 
 
"Hyung, how could you?" Ricky whined. 
 
I smiled as I unlocked my front door and invited them in. It seemed like the polite thing to do. 

"Noona, how do you live in this small space?" Ricky asked, looking around at my room.
 
C.A.P. peered at all my stuff. "I think it's perfect for her size."
 
"Yeah, it's just perfect." I searched through my kitchen but came out empty handed. "I'm sorry, I don't have any food or drinks to offer you. Mianhae..."
 
"Don't worry about it, Eun Mi." Chunji waved that thought away.
 
"Mianhae." I looked over at my bed-side table, where L.Joe and Niel were standing. I heard L.Joe gasp. "Are you guys going through my stuff?" I asked them.
 
Niel held up a piece of paper in the air for everyone to see. "Noona, this is L.Joe hyung, isn't it?"
 
Everyone crowded around the picture. Ricky's eyes widened. "Whoa, you used to be so cute, L.Joe hyung!"
 
"What do you mean, 'used to', huh?" L.Joe wacked his dongsaeng on the head.
 
"You are pretty cute in this picture." I had to admit. He blushed.
 
"Eun Mi, you're so adorable in this picture!" Chunji nudged my arm. "Can you do aegyo?"
 
I gave him a laugh. "Of course not!"
 
Ricky clung to my arm. "Noona, do 'buing buing' for us!"
 
"But Ricky..." I couldn't say no to his wide sparkling eyes. I sighed and did the unimaginable.
 
 
 
 
 
YES. THAT'S RIGHT. THE LEGENDARY BUING BUING OF KPOP IDOLS.
 
 
This.
 
This.
 
This too.
 
Don't forget this.
 
 

And of course this.
 
Oh God. 

 

 

The Kingka's burst out laughing. I stomped my foot and crossed my arms, pretending to be angry. "Gu-ys! Don't laugh at me!"

I noticed L.Joe was blushing with a sly smile on his face. Don't tell me... my fail at aegyo...

"Aw, he liked it!" C.A.P. teased.

L.Joe turned red and tried to deny it. "A-andwae! I don't, hyung!"

I blushed and took out my camera, trying to change the subject. "Do you want to see pictures from the trip?"

I let Chunji scroll through the pictures. There were many pictures of L.Joe with Changjo. "I thought you didn't like that Changjo dude."

I looked at L.Joe but he avoided my eye contact. "He's not that bad. He's a cool guy."

Hmmm... so they were actually on nice terms with each other. Does that mean they won't fight?

It was getting late so Teen Top decided to go home. Ricky and Niel gave me another hug. "Bye noona! See you tomorrow at school!"

The Kingkas went ahead and L.Joe stayed back for a minute. "Sorry for bothering you. I know they can be a bit too much sometimes..."

I shook my head and grinned. "Not at all! I rarely get any visitors and they were really fun."

"Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow." He whispered something in my ear. "Your aegyo was really cute."

"M-mwuh?" I blushed but he just smiled and went to catch up with the Teen Top members.

 

-- ♥ --

 

The next day at school, I was in a really happy mood. The teachers gave out no homework and my classmates didn't seem to hate me as much as before. The Queenkas left me alone too. I felt great.

Right before lunch, I opened my locker to put my textbooks away. I saw a small velvet purple box placed in my locker. I picked it up, wondering who put it there and how. Inside was a box of chocolate with caramel filling and a heart-shaped necklace. 

 

L.Joe took a piece of chocolate and popped it in his mouth. I saw a piece of caramel candy and did the same, savoring the sweet and delicate taste.

"Do you like caramel?" He questioned me.

"Yeah. I rarely get to eat them though, since they're expensive and not easy for a person like me to come around."

 

I gasped. L.Joe had payed attention to a small detail. He had also bought that necklace for me, even though I didn't really want it. I smiled and quickly clasp the hook around my neck. I was practically floating above the ground as I went to lunch.

He was so sweet... 

Teen Top decided to eat with us today. L.Joe saw me wearing the necklace and I gave him a secret smile. We managed to fit everyone, even though there was a lot of us. But out of all the familiar faces, I didn't see the leader of the dance team.

"Where's Changjo?" I asked Sooyoung.

She shrugged but then pointed behind me. "Oh, there he is!"

Changjo gaved us a wave and squeezed next to me. "Sorry for being so late."

"It's alright." I said. We ate our lunch in a happy mood and each member of Teen Top left for class, one right after the other until only L.Joe, Niel, Changjo, and I was left. I was about to leave too but Changjo stopped me. 

"Eun Mi, I have another request you have to grant for me." He said. "Your 'slave' contract doesn't end until the end of the week, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah?"

With L.Joe and Niel's eyes on us and practically the whole cafeteria's ears tuned in, he said something I never would have thought of. 

"Well then... Until the end of the bet, you're going to be my girlfriend."

 

 

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
Here's what L.Joe's y sweat-dropping looks like xD
~Ljjang창조♪