The Epilogue

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

✻ chapter thirtynine
the epilogue
l.joe's pov
 

"L.Joe, we're on in two minutes."

I looked up at C.A.P. and pointed to the bathroom. "But I really need to go..."

"You need to what?!"

"I'll be quick, I promise!"

My hyung face-palmed and sighed. "Fine. But if you don't come out on time, we're going on without you."

"That won't happen!" I raced into the men's bathroom and shut the door. Taking out my phone, I checked to see if I had gotten any messages.

Do you remember the guys in black suits that chased us, scaring the crap out of us? You know, the stalkers? Well, turns out they were just scouts for TOP Entertainment (They followed us for several days without us knowing and even took out pictures! I know, they're creepy). Apparently, they has seen one of our performances, thought we had talent, and wanted to turn us into Kpop idols.

We didn't even have to become trainees or anything and we even kept our original group name; Teen Top. So here we are, two months later, on Mnet Countdown, ready to perform live with our song 'Be Ma Girl'. We even had our own fanclub, Angels. It was amazing to see fans from everywhere gathering as one audience to see us.

I checked my inbox and saw five words in red: "One unread message from Jagiya."

Jagiya was what I called my beloved girlfriend, since she wouldn't let me call her yeobo. Eun Mi had sent me a text message from her new phone! I clicked on it and read it.

 

Annyeong, oppa!

I hear there are lots of fans waiting to see you, oppa!

Don't fall for any of your female fans while I'm away, arasseo?

I hope you do well on your first live performance today. Say hi to Changjo and the others for me! I just know you're going to do great! Hwaiting!

~Eun Mi

 

I smiled at her 'hwaiting' message and quickly replied.

 

Don't worry, you're the only one for me ;)

Hope your study session goes smoothly!

Remember to watch my performance when it broadcasts and I'll check out your new pictures in return.

Saranghae~

 

I pressed send and noticed she had attached a picture with her message. I opened up the file and saw my irlfriend in a yellow and gray striped cardigan. She wasn't wearing her glasses and was had a cute pout expression on her face and fist in the air, hwaiting.

A knock came from outside and the maknae stuck his head in the door, making me jump. "L.Joe, what's taking you so long?"

"Huh?" I slipped my phone back into my pocket and turned to face him. "Oh, I'm done. Let's go out now."

Changjo grinned at me. "You were talking to Eun Mi, weren't you?"

"I-I... yeah." I admitted to him. He gave me a pat on the back and a knowing smile before we rushed back to the rest of Teen Top. We've gotten even closer now and were like actual brothers.

One of the staff noonas came by and fixed our microphones. "You're up in five."

'Five' being five seconds. We nodded and Niel turned to us. "Where were you guys? Let's go!"

I waved his question away and we all went onto the brightly lit stage together. I squinted and looked into the audience, who were all screaming and chanting our names. We all got into our positions and the lights dimmed, ready for us to begin.

 

 

-- ♥  eun mi's pov  --

I had managed to escape my so-called photo-shoot and rushed to the Mnet building as fast as I could. The place was packed with fangirls holding signs that said 'Infinite', 'Super Junior', and '2NE1'. I also saw a 'Teen Top' banner and smiled. They were already so popular.
 
I made my way to the front, near the stage, trying to avoid being trampled. As I got there the light overhead flashed and then dimmed, signaling that the live performance would begin. I saw the six boys walk out to the stage and cheered along with the rest of the crowd. 
 
The Teen Top members were wearing brightly colored clothing, from black monster hats (C.A.P.) to half-shredded shirts (Ricky) to black and blue jackets with dangling strings on the arms (L.Joe). It would look bizarre on normal people but these guys pulled it off perfectly and made the stage feel fresh, funky, and fantastic.
 
The music started playing and my boyfriend stepped up to sing his solo lines. I watched him in awe, amazed at his coolness, and had the sudden urge to run up there with him and tell everyone he was mine. But don't worry, I didn't do that. Not yet, anyways...
 
 
"Call me, call me girl
(A/N: LOL Call L.Joe a girl from now on)
Gominhaji malgo naege wa
Be ma girl, would you be ma girl?"
 
 
L.Joe sang his lines and I watched him scan the crowd. His gaze hovered right over me and widened in surprise. I waved my hands in the air and smiled brightly. He finished his lines and winked in my direction. The fangirls around me screamed and squealed, but I knew that the wink was for me.

 

"Neo ije naran aerang sagwillae
Jogeumeun bukkeureopgetjiman
Nuguboda jjaritage sagwillae
Naega seotulgo eonulhae boilji mollado
Jalhaejulgeoya geu nuguboda deo
Jalhal su isseo
Naega seotulgo eonulhae boilji mollado"
 
 
The song continued and one by one, the Teen Top members sang their with confidence. I couldn't believe that they were only teenagers! C.A.P.'s rap was charismatic, Chunji's voice was charming, Niel's part was fun and goofy, Ricky was cute, and Changjo was awesome. But my boyfriend was the best, of course.

 

"I wanna love you all day,
Wanna love you all night
You got me feelin’ so hot,
Oh yeah oh yeah
I wanna love you all day,
Wanna love you all night
You got me feelin’ so hot,
Oh yeah oh yeah"
 
 
That was my favorite part of the song. And in a flash, their live performance ended and I jumped up and down with the audience, screaming my little head off. I was so proud of them!
 
I rushed backstage (Don't ask me how I did it, but if you did, I'll give you one hint: it had nothing to do with bazookas) to congratulate them on their awesome performance. I saw Ricky's Spudgy-Blue hair and Changjo's red hair floating at the end of the hallway and ran to them. Passing by the stylist-unnies and staff, I tackled the blonde rapper into a hug. 
 
He let out a gasp. "Chagiya?" 
 
"Don't call me 'chagiya' in public, oppa!" I said. 
 
He pulled away from my hug and pouted. "You get to call me 'oppa', so how come I can't call you 'chagiya?"
 
"Because it's embarrassing." I stuck my tongue out and he ruffled my hair. 
 
"Fine, chagiya."

"Oppa~" I whined.
 
Ricky in on our quarrel with a question. "Noona, what are you doing here?"
 
Changjo appeared right next to him. "Yeah, I thought you had to do that picture-thingy."
 
"And miss your first live performance on Mnet? You wish." I said jokingly.
 
Chunji punched his fist in the air. "Let's go out to celebrate!"
 
"You want to go out and celebrate everything." C.A.P. said behind his sunglasses. "Oh, look! You walked to school today! Let's go out and celebrate!"
 
We all laughed and left the Mnet building, avoiding their manager Andy (from Shinhwa, yes) so we wouldn't get caught for sneaking out. 

L.Joe held onto my hand until we were the in the back of our group. "Do you like being an ulzzang? Are you happy now?"

"Y-yeah, I guess." I hesitantly answered. Well, it was really nice to hear people compliment me on my looks after years of being told I was ugly. "I might even get to sing as an ulzzang..."

"That's great! You can sing with us then." He gave me one of his signature smiles. "I'm glad you're happy."

We continued to walk behind the others, slowly drifting more and more behind. "You know, I keep on thinking that all we've been through was a test."

"A test?" I said, puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"I feel like Seohyun was testing me to see if I was good enough for you, making you temporarily forget your memories like that." L.Joe looked up at the clear blue sky. "I know it sounds weird, but do you think I passed?"

"If that's the case, then I think you passed with flying colors." I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. I finally had a shoulder I could lean on. A shoulder that would always be there. "I should be the one being tested. I'm not good enough for you."
 
"Don't say that." He gave my hand a squeeze. "After all we've been through, don't say that."
 
"But I'm boring, compared to you..."

L.Joe looked back at me and smiled again. "Eun Mi, you're not the same girl behind those thick-framed glasses anymore. You're an amazing person. You should know that by now."
 
"I..."
 
"I mean, why would I date someone who was as boring as a wall?" He joked. I was about to hit him on the arm but then he leaned down and pecked my lips. "Kidding."
 
He grinned and started to walk towards the others, but I pulled him back and kissed him again. He was surprised because this was the first time I kissed him, on my own will. 
 
"Thank you, oppa. Saranghae."
 
It was L.Joe's turn to blush. "Saranghae, Eun Mi."
 
 
-- end --
 
 
 
Oh, wait a second! I almost forgot about the others! Anyways, a few feet away...
 
 
"I'm so jealous of L.Joe hyung." Ricky said. At this point, everyone had stopped walking and were watching the two lovers look into each other's eyes lovingly. 
 
Chunji sighed, nodding in agreement. "I am too. He's the first one out of all of us to get a girl. How embarassing is that?"
 
Niel just shrugged. "I only care for noonas. Right, Changjo?"
 
There was no answer.
 
"Changjo?"
 
Again, no answer.
 
"Wait, where in the world is Changjo and Sooyoung?"
 
Everyone excluding the two lovebirds looked around but they were nowhere to be seen. Ricky started wailing. "They've been kidnapped! Call the police! Call 911! Call the SWAT team! Call the AFF ninjas!!"
 
"They're over there." C.A.P. said, pointing to their left a few meters away. "Sheesh..."
 
The Choi siblings were sitting on the ground, downing a bottle of wine. Wait, how'd they get ahold of a bottle of wine? 
 
The older sister was pouring out cups for both of them. She drank hers in one gulp and started wailing. "I wish I had a boyfriend. I feel so lo- hiccup -nely."
 
Changjo began to cry fake tears and belted out Taeyang's I Need A Girl.
 
 
"Girl, I need a girlPretty no matter what she does. A pretty body, too. Girl, I need a girl. Baby, I need you. Girl, you need me, tooooooooo~"

"A kind of girl that looks better in jeans than a skirt. A girl that will eat the kimchi fried rice that I make instead. A girl who looks young even though she’s old. I like that kind of giiiiiiiiiiiirl~ (Know what I mean)?"

 

"No, we don't know what you mean, weirdo!" Niel and Ricky said.

Sooyoung ignored them and began to sing her own song. "Never mind! I don't need a boyfriend to feel happy. I'm perfect being single!" Then without any warning, she stood up and began to dance to Miss A's I Don't Need a Man.

 

"I can live well without a man. So if you’re not confident, don’t come to me. I don’t sell myself easily because....

I don’t need a man I don’t need a man (Niel and Ricky: What?)
I don’t need a man I don’t need a man (Niel and Ricky: Really?)
I don’t need a man I don’t need a man (Niel and Ricky: For real?)
I don’t need a man I don’t need a man
I can live well without a MAAAAAAAAAN~"

 

The musical finally ended, yet the couple were still not done confessing their love to each other. Poor C.A.P. He wanted to flip the entire universe, but because he was the leader he contained himself with his self control and did it mentally. "Aish, how did I end up with these kids?"
 

-- btfg, end --

 
 

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
Thank you so much for supporting me, guys. I know my writing isn't the best and the plot is cliche and horrible and what, but thank you for putting up with it. This story isn't completely over though, so stay tuned for future updates and wish a special happy birthday to our maknae, Changjo ♥
     
~Ljjang창조♪