The Message

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

 
✻ chapter thirty:
the message
eun mi's pov

 

 

Jealousy.

That was what I was feeling, and I didn't like it. Not one bit.

The image of L.Joe sitting next to Ji Yoo had planted a seed of jealousy in my mind and whenever I saw them together, it would sprout into a small plant of envy, growing bigger and making me feel envious and horrible. I hated it.

I tried to convince myself that he was just testing me to see if I really did like him. And Ji Yoo had already said she would take him away from me...but now I doubt her words.

It felt like my friends were becoming distant. L.Joe has been spending more time with Ji Yoo lately. He's been giving her tutoring sessions almost everyday this past week, so he couldn't walk me home. 

Sooyoung and the Jung siblings seem to be getting closer, talking to each other and stuff. Ji Yoo and Sooyoung became the 'Unstoppable Sisters' in gym because if they were put on a team together, they would always win. 

Yoo Jin seems to have taking a liking to Sooyoung, which was a good thing. Sometimes I tag along on their so-called 'dates' because they invited me, but I always feel like the usless third wheel.

I felt thrown aside and ignored. 

"Eun Mi, you there?" Yoo Jin waved his hand in front of my face.

"Yeah." I blinked. School was over and we were standing at the entrance of the campus. "Sorry for spacing out... It's a habit."

"It's okay. Sooyoung went home first, so it's just you and me." He said. L.Joe was obviously tutoring Ji Yoo again... my heart hurt just thinking about it. 

"Okay..." I nodded and started walking towards my apartment. "Um, Yoo Jin?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think of Sooyoung?"

"She's a nice person. Very funny and smart." He answered. 

"Do you like her?"

"Like? As in like?" He said, a bit puzzled.

"Yes, as in like." I replied. "She really likes you a lot, you know."

"Jinjja?" He acted a bit surprised. "Is that why she's always staring at me with that look on her face?"

I laughed. "Yeah. Do you like her also?"

He shook his head. "Ani."

"Ani?" That wasn't good news. "Why?"

"Because I already like someone else." He stopped walking and I did too.

I was getting a really weird feeling about this. A bad-weird feeling. "Who is it? Is it someone I know?"

"Don't act like you don't know who I'm talking about." Yoo Jin looked straight into my eyes. "It's you."

And then he did the unthinkable. He leaned forward and kissed me.  I was so shocked, as a reflexed, I slapped him. I stepped back, half-blushing and half-horrified at what I had just done. "Mi.. mianhae."

I ran to my apartment as fast as I could without tripping and shut the door behind me. With that one small gesture, Yoo Jin had sent a bunch of questions throught my head.

Why did he do that?

Didn't he know I already had L.Joe?

Did he really like me?

Was he playing with me?

What was going on?

Why is my heart beating so fast?

What if someone finds out?

Will Sooyoung get mad at me?

Why was I even worrying about this in the first place?

"AISH!!!" I grabbed my hair and pulled on it. Yoo Jin was a nice guy but why did he have to make things so flipping confusing?!

For the entire evening, I sat against my front door and tried to sort through my thoughts. Why was this happening? I thought L.Joe and I had some sort of special bond. We promised each other that we would trust the other and never hurt them. So why was I feeling so horrible right now? 

And those Jung twins... did they mean good or did they mean bad? I had no idea. It was nice being friends with them but they were causing me to lose my sanity. No matter what, they shouldn't tear apart the friendship I have with L.Joe and Sooyoung. What was I supposed to do? 

My laptop screen lit up, telling me I recieved a message on my blog. Changjo must have already arrived in Japan and wanted to let me know. I was glad he did, because I really needed a break from all the drama right now. 

 

Annyeong, Eun Mi!

Or should I say 'konichiwa'? xD

I'm in Tokyo right now and I just finished my first day of the dance program. It was amazing!

Everyone was so professional and more awesome than I imagine. I know I'm going to love my stay here :)

I hope you're doing okay. Who knows what will happen to you, now that I'm not there? xD I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

If you need anyone to talk to, remember I'm here. When I'm not busy, I'll try to message you, okay?

Don't push yourself too hard!

-BlackAngel 

 

I smiled, glad he was having a great time. I wanted to tell him my problems. I knew he'd be more than happy to help me.

But then he would worry for me and that would ruin his trip. I didn't want that.

 

Konichiwa, Changjo ^^ 

You must be in a really good mood! Let all your stress out, okay? Because when you get back you're never going to have peace and quiet again, with me and Teen Top around xD But don't have too much fun, cuz' then you won't want to come back :P

~SilverStar (misses you)

 

It was nice how he always offered to talk to me. A talk... maybe that's what I needed to do with L.Joe. I needed to talk to him so we could clear things up once and for all.