Special Chapter: Seohyun in Heaven, Part 1

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

✻ chapter fourtythree
seohyun in heaven, part 1
seohyun's pov
 
 

I watched the TV, shoving the popcorn in my mouth as I watched my best friend hug her boyfriend.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I sighed as they stared at each other and changed the channel to Keroro cartoons. I was not in the mood to watch them act all mushy with each other.

"Heaven ." I said to myself as the frog danced across the screen.

Yes, heaven . Everyone on Earth is all like 'when I die, I want to go to Heaven' and 'Heaven must be a paradise! I wanna go there'! But no, Heaven is so boring.

After I died in that car accident, I was sent to Heaven and became an angel. Heaven was a lot like Earth; there were buildings and gardens and roads and stuff. Only the people there were dead (angels), had wings and were invisible to actual people. And that our invisible world was in the sky, above the fluffy clouds where fluffy unicorns prances around.

I was assigned a room in a hotel just for people who died in automobile accidents. It was the biggest hotel out of all of the others.

My life in Heaven was exactly like on Earth, only I was by myself. I could play instruments and eat all the food I want.

But the thing I liked the most about Heaven was that I could watch as life went on without me back down on Earth; through Heaven Televesion.

Channel 23 was the "Watch Your Friends!" channel, showing what happened in Eun Mi's life 24/7. I watched her as she cried tears for me when I had died. I watched her as she shut off the rest of the world from her life. I watched her as two Kingkas came to change her.

Eun Mi and L.Joe had finally gotten together after what seemed like ages. I've always been rooting for them from the start. Watching them get together was like watching a romance drama. And you know how much I cry during those kinds of dramas.

But watching them made me jealous. I'm happy my best friend is now happy, but I feel so lonely up here. If Heaven was so perfect, why did life on Earth seem much more fun?

I sighed. "Why did I have to die? If I was still alive, I'd would be teasing Eun Mi and L.Joe. I would be at parties having fun. But most importantly, I would be searching for the perfect boyfriend."

That was the one thing I wanted to do the most, but then Life decided to be a buttface and not let me do it. I had always dreamed of having a happy-ever-after ending with my Prince Charming, but noooooooo....

"Eun Mi, it's so not fair how you get all the fun!" I whined to nobody in particular. On Earth, I was the mature and intelligent one. But that was on Earth. Now I'm in Heaven and I could be that little bratty kid next door for all I care.

I turned off the TV and fell back onto the bed, which was very soft and comfortable, nothing like those flimsy mattresses from Mattress World. It was probably around noon, but I closed my eyes anyways and tried to fall asleep.

Heaven was really peaceful and quiet, with the exception of a few birds chirping during the morning. It was great, because now I got to sleep in for as long as I want.

Then I heard it.

'It' was a loud deafening sound coming from the room next to me. Last time I checked, nobody was there because my floor was the one on the very top of the hotel and the other angels were scared of somehow falling off and dying for the second time.

I shut my eyes and tried to ignore the sound, but couldn't. It sounded like an out-of-tune guitar, or some sort of string intrument. It got to the point where it was driving me crazy. I stormed out of my room and kicked open the door. 

"Ya, can't you see I'm-"

I stopped talking once I saw who was causing the noise. Sitting on the bed was tall and skinny-looking boy with black hair. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt and jeans. His angel wings were sticking out and held a guitar in his lap. The boy looked up at me, startled by the sudden intrusion. 

"Do you need anything?" He asked me casually. 

Whoa. He was really cute.

"N-no, It's just..." I shook my head, blushing at the thought. "I'm in the next room and it's a bit loud..." I finished lamely. What has gotten into me? I never feel this way with guys...

"Oh, sorry. I was tuning my guitar. It must be pretty loud." He said apologetically. "I'll stop if it's bothering you."

"Ani, it's alright." I managed to say. "I'm Seohyun. I haven't seen you around before..."

"I'm Yonghwa. Nice to meet you." The boy said. He put down his guitar and stood up. "I'm from the 'diseases' hotel. It got too crowded over there so they decided to throw me in here with you 'car accident' people."

"Oh, I see." The hotel for people who died from diseases was on the other side of Heaven, no wonder I haven't seen him before. "What kind of disease...?"

"Cancer." Yonghwa replied automatically. "It's been a couple months ever since I've... arrived here. I'm still getting use to this 'Heaven' place."

"I've been here for three years." I told him. I didn't like talking about people's deaths, so I tried to change the subject. "Trust me, there's not a lot to do around here."

The kind-of-new comer patted on the bed, the spot next to him, motioning for me to sit down. "Now, come here and tell me all about how boring this place is."

I giggled as I slowly lowered myself down onto the bed. "I'd rather not. Do you watch TV here?"

"What? They have cable up here in Heaven too? Now that's just weird." Yonghwa said to me.

I gawked at him. "You haven't seen anything? Here, I'll show you." I grabbed the remote from the TV on the table in front of the bed and turned it on. "Did you know you can watch your friends and family down in Earth to see how they're doing?"

His eyes widened. "Jinjja?"

"Yes, jinjja! It may seem a bit stalkerish but it's interesting to see what people are doing in a life without you."

"That sounds cool. Here, hand the remote to me so I can see what my brother's doing."