The Kiss

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

 
✻ chapter eighteen:
the kiss
eun mi's pov

 

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw that my glasses were still on and I was outside, sitting on a bench in front of the mini-pond.

I gasped and lifted my head from Changjo's shoulder. I had fallen asleep when we were sitting out here last night. His jacket was still draped over me and I felt him shiver next to me. He was asleep.

I looked up at him. He was even more cute and innocent-looking up close. Aish, it was too early on the morning for me to be blushing.

I took his jacket and covered him with it, trying to shield him from the cool morning breeze. I felt his hands, which were cold. I held them to warm them up. Poor Changjo, why did he stay out here with me?

I rested my head back onto his shoulder and closed my eyes. The morning was peaceful. Maybe I could enjoy a few more minutes of sleep...

After a while, I felt and heard Changjo wake up. My eyes stayed closed shut, hoping he thought I was asleep. I could feel his gaze on me. He released my hand, which I had forgot about, and I heard him stand up. Was he leaving? 

Changjo leaned me against the bench, making sure I was stable and wouldn't fall over. Then I felt something warm on my lips.

He was giving me a kiss.

It lasted for a few seconds before I heard his footsteps and he went back into the house.

After I heard the click of the door being shut, I immediately sat up and touched the place his lips had kissed. I blushed the deepest shade of red that existed on the planet.

Changjo had given me... My first kiss.

 

-- ♥ --

 

I went inside to see everyone gathered around the kitchen table.

"Where were you?" Sooyoung asked me.

"Outside." I answered. She told me to go wash up and change. I changed into some frayed shorts and a short-sleeved blue sweatshirt. I tied my hair up in a low ponytail and went back out.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked.

"We're going to visit Mt. Maisan Provincial Park before our little vacation trip is over." Changjo replied. I tried to avoid eye-contact with him and looked over at L.Joe, who was half-awake half-asleep with his mouth hanging open.

"Okay. Everyone, bring what you need in one bag. And one bag only." Changbum said, the last part directed towards Sooyoung.

I went back to my room and grabbed a drawstring backpack from my suitcase. The strings were old and getting frayed, almost ripped. I hope they lasted just through today. I put a water bottle in it, some granola bars, my wallet, and my brand new camera. I wanted to take pictures this time. A lot of them.

We set off to Mt. Maisan Provincial Park. I've seen pictures of this particular park, but I didn't know it was so beautiful in person. 

Changjo paid for our admission fee, 1,500 won for each person (I tried to pay my share, but he wouldn't let me) and we began walking up one of the trails. The scenery was breathtaking. I've never seen so much lush and healthy greenery. And what was so amazing was this was natural, not manmade.

 
"Click."
 
"Click."
 
"Click."
 
"Cli-"
 
"Eun Mi, stop taking so many pictures!" Sooyoung scolded me playfully. I stuck my tongue out and took another picture of her.
 
We continued down the road, laughing and pointing things out whenever we saw a hawk, a bird's nest, a deer, or leaves that were shaped like hearts. We also saw bamboo and visited Tapsa, a Buddist temple (A/N: By the way, I think Changjo is Buddist... not sure though). 
 
I scrolled through the pictures I had taken of my friends. I smiled after seeing them having so much fun and putting on their goofy smiles. 
 
"Do you like your new camera?"
 
"Huh?" I looked up from the screen. "Oh, yeah. Thanks so much, L.Joe."
 
L.Joe smiled and turned back to continue talking to Changjo. I noticed that the two boys had gotten closer... which was strange. I thought they disliked each other. 
 
We spent our time walking through the park when we ended up at a small lake. Changbum picked up a random rock and threw it across the river. It skipped three times and created ripples. Changjo did the same.
 
"Whoa, how did you do that?" Eunjung said in amazement. 
 
"I can do it because I'm me." Changbum said jokingly.
 
I picked up a rock laying hear my shoe and threw it into the lake. It landed with a big 'Plop!' and plunged down to the bottom. I laughed. "Fail."
 
Changjo came over to me and put a flat stone in my hand. Then he went behind me, his chest touching my back and his cheek near mine. He showed me how to throw it. "Here, you hold it like this and flick your wrist."
 
"O-oh." I blushed at the skinship and because L.Joe was watching. He scowled and walked over to Chan Doo. 
 
With Changjo's guidance, I managed to make a rock skip over the water twice. He stepped away from me and went over to Hyoyeon, who wasn't doing very good either. 
 
I tried to stop blushing looked over at Teen Top's rapper. He wasn't trying to skip rocks or anything, so he seemed bored. I crept up behind him and gave his back a firm push. 
 
With a surprised gasp, he lost his balance and fell into the water. I was about to laugh when he pulled me down with him. The cold water hit me like shockwave.
 
I went up for air, my glasses wet so I couldn't see very clearly. But I could see L.Joe's perfect hair was wet and sticking up in certain spots.
 
"Ya, Eun Mi! What was that for?" L.Joe said. I just giggled and splashed some water on him. He attacked me as well. Kekeke, this was the L.Joe I knew. I heard a yelp from behind me and turned around just to be splashed. This time it was Changjo who got pushed in.
 
"Ya, Hong Chan Doo!" Changjo said, his turn to be laughed at. "I'll get you for this!"
 
I laughed. The others looked down at us. "Are you guys okay?"
 
"We're fine!" I hollered back. I turned to the two boys. "We should get out before we get sick."
 
All three of us waded to the short and climbed up. We were chilled to the bone and out clothes heavily clung to our body, but we didn't care. The others rushed down to us and we walked to the nearby gift shop to ask for some towels to dry ourselves off. The others browsed the shop while Changjo, L.Joe, and I sat down, our teething chattering from the cold.
 
"That was refreshing, wasn't it?" I gave them a small laugh and then pointed to the woman's restroom. "I'm going to the restroom, so don't you dare leave without me!"

The boys nodded and I set off to examine the wet and tangled mess of hair on my head in private. It didn't look that bad, so I just gently combed it with my fingers and headed back to the others. I went back to where we were sitting and heard the boys talk to each other.

"You know that everyone already knows, right?" Changjo said.

"Yeah, I know. You're pretty obvious too." L.Joe said.

I hid behind the wall. What were they talking about? They sounded so serious. It kind of scared me.

"I can see you've gotten closer to her lately." I heard Changjo say. "But you know, if you're not going to confess to her, I will. You can't stop me from having her."

L.Joe replied. "You know I've liked her for a long time. I'm not going to let her go just like that."

"Well, you better do something, because I've already got my plan figured out." Changjo said. "I like her. And I intend to make her mine."

My heart started to beat faster and my breathing became uneven. What was this? They were...

They were talking about... me.