Special Chapter: Changjo in Japan, Part 1

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

✻ chapter fourty:
changjo in japan, part 1
changjo's pov

 

 

"We have arrived at Tokyo, Japan. The time is now 7:34am, Tuesday. I hope you have enjoyed our flight with AFF airlines."

The pilot finished speaking and I unbuckled the seat belt. I stood up and raised my hands high above my head, stretching my stiff joints. The other passengers did the same and retrieved their luggage from under the seats. Dragging my black suitcase behind me, I exited the plane and into Tokyo's international airport, which was filled with bustling people rushing to their upcoming flights. 

I walked down the terminal and squinted under the brightness of the place. The airport was huge, with shops on every floor and escalators and such. I continued walking by myself until a little girl bumped into me, causing me to drop my luggage.

"Ya-" I started, then realized this was Japan and 'Ya' didn't mean 'Hey'. I looked closer at the little girl, who couldn't have been more than six years old. She had long brown hair in pigtails and wore a purple frilly dress. 

She looked exactly like Sooyoung when she was little. 

The little girl giggled at me and ran off. I picked up my suitcase off the ground and took a step forward. "Wait-"

What was I going to do, follow her? I didn't even know her. I shook my head, shaking the thought away. What kind parents would let their kid run around unattended in a place like this?

I followed the flow of the crowd and walked past several of the shops. This place was more like a mall, not an airport. I entered one of the souvenir shops and browsed through the stuff, seeing if there were any souveniers that I could by for my friends back in Korea.

I went from shop to shop but couldn't find anything. I was about to give up when I saw the little girl again, appearing before me right around the corner. She caught my eye, giggled, and ran away again. This time, I followed her.

'Wait!" I called out to her, but my voice was drownded by the bustling crowd. She looked back to see if I was following her and continued running away from me. It was hard to catch up to her, considering I had the suitcase to drag along with me. 

I didn't know why I was following her. There was something about this little girl... something that compelled me to follow her footsteps. It was a really weird feeling.

The little girl went into a candy shop and I followed her. Her pigtails bounced behind her as she went to the back of the shop and disapeared behind a random door that said 'Employees Only'. Hesistantly, I opened the door when no one was looking and went in after her.

The room was pitch-black and I couldn't see 3 inches in front of my face. "Hello?" I called out, but nobody answered. My voice echoed in the room and bounced back at me. 

Suddenly, the room lit up and I squinted at the sudden change. I was outside, in some sort of garden, surrounded by two walls of leaves on my left and right. 

"Where am I?" I said to nobody in particular. My suitcase had disappeared the Sooyoung-look-alike was no where in sight. I took a few cautious steps down the path and turned a corner, made by the walls of leaves. Then I realized this was a maze. A maze of bushes.

"What the heck?" I said to myself. "What is this place?"

Nevertheless, I wandered around in the maze. I had no idea how to get out... heck, I had no idea how I got here.

Suddently, something stuck it's head through one of the walls and screamed at me. I jumped and screamed back.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHH- hey, it's you!"

I stopped screaming and pointed at the person. It was L.Joe. "What are you doing here, L.Joe hyung?"

"What do you mean? Am I not allowed in your dreams?" He grinned.

"What? My dream?"

"Yeah. You have very weird dreams, you know that, right?" The blondie withdrawed his head, leaving a gaping hole in the wall. 

"Wait, hyung! Where are you going?" He didn't answer, so I walked over to the hole in the wall and got pulled in, head first. I landed on my face, which wasn't exactly pleasant. 

"Ow..." I sat up and rubbed my head. If this was a dream, then why did I feel pain?

L.Joe just stood before me, not helping me or anything. Some kind of hyung he is. 

"Changjo, I have a cup of bubble tea and a cup of regular water. Which one do you want?" He held out two cups of the said beverages.

"Mwuh?"

"You have to pick one. Hurry up."

This was getting weirder and weirder. Obviously the 'regular water' wasn't 'regular' at all and probably had some sort of wicked poison in it  (hey, a dream is a dream, right? Anything can happen). The bubble tea should be a safe bet...

"The bubble tea."

L.Joe handed me the cup and I took it, eyeing him suspiciously,  but he just grinned at me. I stared at it's contents, which looked perfectly normal. 

"What are you waiting for? Drink it!" L.Joe urged. "Balli!"

I sighed. He watched me as I reluctantly took a small sip. When I gulped, he broke into a creepy smile and suddenly I felt a breeze under my legs. I looked down to see the jeans I had been wearing earlier was replaced with a frilly blue skirt.

"What the-?"

My hyung started to laugh. "You should've just chose the water! It really had nothing in it!"

"Hyung-!"

"Now, go through that door over there." He pointed at a random door that appeared out of nowhere. Then he vanished into thin air after smirking at me and I was left alone for again.

"What in the world is going on?" I exclaimed to no one in particular. I didn't like how L.Joe controlled me, telling me to do this and that. But what other choice did I have? There was only one option, and that was to go through that mysterious door. 

And what if something even weirder happened to me?

"I'll get back at you for this." I muttered under my breath. He may be my hyung, but he'll soon be a dead hyung. 

With a shaking hand, I twisted the golden doorknob and walked through the doorway, bracing myself for what was to come.

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
Well, this is a three-part bonus chapter in celebration of 150 subscribers ^^ Now that the story has ended, does this mean I'll be losing some of you guys? Oh well... I'll go cry while listening to this person's wonderful voice:
  
~Ljjang창조♪