Special Chapter: Changjo in Japan, Part 3

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

✻ chapter fourtytwo
changjo in japan, part 3
changjo's pov

 

I woke up to the smell of bacon.

"Oh, you're awake!"

My eyes squinted at the sudden light change as I sat up on the hard cold floor. After being tazed, I had been locked in a one-room cell with no windows and a door that was locked tight. In the cell with me were two people; Eun Mi and a boy I've never seen before. Eun Mi was in a ragged white dress, something I haven't seen her in, and had her hair in a messy braid. The boy that was staring at me curiously had black hair, pale skin, and lots of eyeliner.

"Eun Mi? What is this place?"

She looked at me puzzled. "Who is this 'Eun Mi' you speak of? I am the Pretty White Fairy Queen."

"Right... Your Fairyness."

"Yes... to answer your question, we are in the dungeons under the Evil Red Queenka's lair."

"Great. First I get tricked, then I get tazed, now I get jailed. I'm totally having the time of my life." I muttered under my breath.

Eun Mi didn't hear anything and just smiled innocently. "What is your name, young one?"

"Young one? I'm older than you..." I trailed off and shook my head. "Changjo. Choi Changjo."

"Ah, it's a pleasure to meet you, the Great Changjo. And what did you do to be thrown in here?"

It's not really what I did but what happened to me that made me do it... Uh, does that make sense? "I got Guard Ji Yoo's chiffon dress dirty."

The boy and Eun Mi gasped. "That's horrible! Ji Yoo treasures her appearance a lot."

"I guess. What's your name?" I asked the boy. "And how did you get here?"

"I am Byun Baekhyun. But call me Bacon." The boy said. "I'm the Royal Chef that works for Her Fairyness. I tried to poison the Evil Red Queenka to get rid of her but she found out."

I like his name. He smells really good, like actual bacon sizzling on the frying pan... "How long have you two been here?"

"For about..." Eun Mi counted off her fingers. "Two weeks? Maybe more."

"In this dump?! How is that possible?" I exclaimed. They both shrugged. "How did you guys go to the bathroom?"

Eun Mi frowned at my question. "That's not a polite question to ask, Great Changjo."

"Sorry, my bad..." I mentally cursed at author-nim for making me say that.

Hey, watch that little mind of yours, dancing boy.

"How do we get out of here?" I asked them.

Bacon looked frightened at my words. "What do you mean get out?"

"Well, we can't stay here forever, can we?" I pointed out.

"But I do not have my magic cookie in my possession as of right now. My evil sister had it taken away from me." Eun Mi repeated. "Without it I cannot teleport us out."

I sighed and racked my brain for a solution. "What tools do you guys have on you?"

Bacon checked his pockets and came up with a Sharpie, two toothpicks, and a crumpled grocery list. Eun Mi's ragged dress held nothing but she had a cherry barrette pin in her hair. Then I remembered the items Eunjung had slipped into my pocket. I took them out and inspected them.

There were white eggs with a blue stripe going down the middle. Not knowing why I would need them, I put them away and cross my legs, patting my skirt down.

"Guess we're stuck here..."

Bacon sighed. "And I thought we were saved..."

"We must not give up hope!" Eun Mi said, patting his shoulder encouragingly.

I wondered how much power a cookie could hold. It created fluffy unicorns, grew candy crop, and teleported people. Teleport...

"Holy shiz-nizzles!" I cried, sitting up and scaring the crap out of my cellmates.

"What is it, Great Changjo?"

"I just got an idea." I grinned and then held my hands to my mouth. "Ricky! RIIIIIIIIICKYYYYYYY!!!"

There were a few seconds of silence when I paused. Eun Mi and Bacon looked at me expectedly, but nothing happened. I tried again.

"The Almighty Cheshire Cat Ricky! We are in need of your help!"

Still nothing happened. I slumped my shoulders and tried one last time.

"Oh look, free food." I whispered. A big dust cloud appeared in the cell room and caused us to cough.

"Did someone say free food?" It was Cat-Ricky, perched on my head. It took him a few seconds to realize that there was no food. "Ya, you tricked me!"

"I'm sorry but-"

"DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!" Cat-Ricky slapped my face with his tail. Then he slapped my other cheek and the the back of my head. "I'm going to leave-"

"What is this creature?" Eun Mi's voice said. "Or should I say who is this creature?"

Cat-Ricky had the decency to stop slapping me and to face her. "I am the Almighty Cheshire Cat Ricky who loves free food."

"How did you get in here?" Bacon asked.

"I teleported, duh."

Eun Mi broke into a smile. "We're saved!"

"Saved?" Cat-Ricky cocked his head to the side.

"I called you so you can teleport us out of here." I explained to him.

"And what makes you think I'll do that?"

"Because once Pretty White Fairy Queen is back in power, she'll give you all the free chicken and free cake you want."

Cat-Ricky's ears perked up and his eyes started to sparkle. "Jinjja?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, jinjja."

"Okay, then each of you grab ahold of my tail." Cat-Ricky ordered. Eun Mi, Bacon, and I did as we were told. "Teleporting powers, activate!!" Cat-Ricky said.

Our surroundings had changed from the cell to a giant hallway with red walls, giant chandeliers, and mirrors everywhere. 

I let go and peered at my reflection. But the person that looked back at me wasn't me, it was...

"Whoa, is that Seohyun?"

The figure in the mirror nodded. "That's me!"

"What are you doing in there?"

"The Evil Red Queenka put a curse on me. I've been locked in this Hall of Mirrors for forever."

"Wait, are we in the Evil Red Queenka's lair right now?" I asked.

"Yep. Her throne room is down there." Seohyun pointed to her left, at a huge gate at the end of the hallway.

"How come there are so many mirrors?" Bacon asked.

Eun Mi answered this time. "Because she likes admiring herself in the mirror. That's how self-centered my evil sister is."

We turned back to the mirror but Seohyun had disappeared. What was up with these people and disappearing?

Cat-Ricky skipped to the end of the hallway. "Kaja!"

"Wait, why would we go in there?" Bacon asked.

"It's the only way out, doofus." Cat-Ricky stuck his tongue out.

Eun Mi looked frightened. "But we have no weapons to protect us! Imagine what my sister would do to us!"

Cat-Ricky pointed at me. "Ask him. He probably has some sort of genius plan to defeat her or whatever."

"Uh... sure I do."

"What is it then?" Cat-Ricky smirked.

"Go in there and kick their butts." I said, taking all of them by their necks and dragging them into the throne room.

Waiting for us was Jessica, sitting on her throne, the Jung twins standing at her side, and Yoona and Yuri sitting next to her. Her brother Jaejoong was there too. They looked up from their tea and the twins immediately stepped forward.

"Who dares to trespass in our Evil Red Queenka's fancy room?" Ji Yoo saw who we were and pointed at Ricky. "Hey, it's our prisoners! And the annoying brat and his annoying cat! GET HIM!"

Ricky jumped off of my shoulder and vanished into thin air. "You're on your own, Changjo."

"Ya-" Too late. He was gone and the twins were chasing us. So we did what we thought of first: run away.

We started to play a game of tag, only the twins weren't able to tag us quite yet. Eun Mi was getting tired and she eventually slowed down and Ji Yoo grabbed her wrist. "I have no idea how you got out of the dungeons, but we're going to throw you in there again anyways!"

"NEVER!" Bacon ran towards the struggling girls and then shot rays of bacon at the guard. Yes, rays of bacon! 

   

Ji Yoo was pelted with bacon rain and immediately melted away into a puddle on the floor. Yes, the power Baekhyun and his bacon can do.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!! SISTER!!!!!" Yoo Jin wailed. "BACON, YOU WILL REGRET THAT!!! YOU LITTLE BI-"

Yoo Jin has been taken out of this chapter because author-nim does not tolerate anyone who cusses or disses on her EXO bias.

"Way to go, Bacon!" I cried. I gave him a high-five. "How did you do that?"

"I honestly have no idea." He grinned cheekily. "Author-nim is so weird."

Eun Mi broke our little happy-fest. "We should be worrying about something else, guys."

Evil Red Queenka and her sidekicks were now in front of us and she was raging mad. "You guys just took out my top two guards! For that, face the wrath of MEEEEE!!!"

Jessica took out Eun Mi's magical sugar cookie and ate it. 

"My cooooookieeeeeeeee!" Eun Mi wailed.

Then Jessica started to turn blue... and grew bigger... and then turned into a penguin. That's right, she turned into a flipping little penguin. The MIGHTY PORORO!!!

She was now the size of Sooyoung's height combined with Sunny's height, QUADRUPLED. So we started to run for our lives again. 

"WHAT THE HECK?!?!? AUTHOR-NIM, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US!?!?!?" I screamed.

I can do as I please. *turns over to L.Joe, who is sitting next to her and sharing popcorn with her* L.Joe and I are having fun watching you guys suffer.

"Aish!!" Fortunately, Jessica was moving super slow in her Pororo form and so she was getting farther and farther away from us. Unfortunately, when I jumped over the tea table, I tripped and the eggs from my skirt pocket fell and cracked.

The eggs cracked open and a white mist filled the air, making the room look like an over-heated sauna. "What's going on?!?!"

"WOOF."

Did I just hear correctly? Did something just 'woof'? "Bacon, was that you?"

"No, that's not me." Bacon said, shrugging.

"Not me either." Eun Mi said, puzzled.

Jessica the penguin finally caught up to us and grabbed Eun Mi, lifting her up in the air with her left flipper. "AHHHHHHH!!!! GUYS!!!!"

"Eun Mi!!! Jessica, put her down!!!"

"WOOF."

There it was again. The triumphant smirk on Jessica's face disappeared and her beak dropped wide open to the ground. Bacon and I turned around to see what she was staring at.

Right behind us, the weird eggs of mist had formed into a MEGA GIANT white dog with a blue tail. It was none other than Spudgy, the ledgendary dog that was only mentioned in Japan's myths and fairy tales.

 

"WOOF." He said again. This time, he got up lazily but then tackled the Jessica Penguin. 

"Nooooooooooooooo!!!" She cried in slow motion. She dropped Eun Mi from her flipper, who crashed onto me and pinned both Bacon and I to the ground.

Spudgy wacked her again with his fluffy tail and roared. "RAWRRRRRRRRZZZZZZ!!!!"

"Changjo, I will get you for this-" were Evil Red Queenka Jessica's last words before she shrunk down  to the size of an ant, still in her penguin form. 

"Yes! We did it!" We all cried. Spudgy howled happily and then with a loud POP, a giant egg appeared in the middle of the room and he was gone. 

"Look, my cookie's back!!" Eun Mi held out her sugar cookie, the one that had been eaten by her sister a few minutes ago. I have no idea how that happened. "And the egg will be another Spudgy! This new Spudgy will become the guardian of our kingdom and will protect us until the ends of time!"

Bacon cheered. "We've defeated the Evil Red Queenka! ALL HAIL SPUDGY!!!!"

I pouted. "What about me? I'm the one who had the egg..."

Eun Mi ran up to me and hugged me. "Thank you so much, Great Changjo!!"

I ruffled her hair. "No problem, Your Fairyness."

She was about to give me a 'thank you' kiss when someone interrupted the story and hit me in the head.

It was L.Joe and Author-nim. "Don't you even dare!!" They warned me. 

The last thing I remember was the smell of bacon (seriously, I have to ask Baekhyun where he got his cologne) and with another kick in the shins, I out.

 

--  --

 

"Hello? Hellooooooo?"

I opened my eyes and sat up, wincing at how bad the pain was in my shin.

"Young man, you're a very heavy sleeper."

I looked up at the person with the voice. It was one of the female flight attendants on the plane. Wait, I was still on the plane?

"The plane ride has been over for fifteen minutes. You can get off now."

"Oh, sorry..." I stood up and took my luggage out of the case-thingy. I was the only one left on the now deserted and empty plane. So all of that was only a dream. I sighed a sigh of relief. I was wearing pants. "Sorry..."

"I guess the movie we played during our flight was too boring, right?" The flight attendant asked. 

"What movie was it?" I asked.

"Alice in Wonderland."

I dropped my suitcase as I was lowering it to the ground and it landed on my foot. "What?"

"Yeah, it was very childish. But the pilot's daughter wanted to watch it so we couldn't object." She said, nodding her head.

"The pilot's daughter?"

"She's still a young child who believes in those fantasy stories. Oh, here she comes now!" A little girl ran down the aisle of the plane and tugged on the women's arm. 

"Miss, can you get some snacks for me? Pretty please?"

I stared at the little girl. It was the Sooyoung look-a-like from my 'dream'. 

"Arasseo, let's go, okay?" The woman looked over at me. "Have a nice day!"

"Thanks." I said, nodding mindlessly as the two went to the back of the plane to get some snacks. 

This can not be a coincidence. It can't be.

Anyways, I dragged my stuff off the plane and entered the airport. It looked exactly the same as in my dream. 

Taking a deep breath, I shook my head. "It wasn't real. Don't be a crazy idiot, it was just a dream." Not paying attention to where I was going, I bumped into the person in front of me.

"Oh, sorry. Sorry, my bad..." I trailed off as soon as I saw the person I had bumped into. "B-bacon?"

It indeed was Bacon. "Hehehe, I smell like bacon, don't I?" He grinned. "Don't worry, I'm alright. But I think you dropped this."

He handed me a cherry-barrette. WHAT?!?!?!? "I have no idea why you have this, but here you go."

With that, he left me with my mouth in an 'o' as I stared at his back and then at the item in my hand. 

That did not just happen.

 

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
Hey guys, I have a question for you: who in B.A.P. should be one of the main characters for the sequel? None of you guys commented who you wanted in the last chapter, so please let me know. Oh, and today's update is in celebration of L freaking Joe's birthday. My hubby is growing up... /cries
    
~Ljjang창조♪