The Choice

Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses

 

 
✻ chapter twentysix:
the choice
eun mi's pov
 

The next day, both L.Joe and Changjo were waiting for me outside the door. Neither of them held my hand, because it would be weird if I walked to school with two guys attached to me.

All through the day, they would walk with me to my classes and look out for me. I felt really guilty about having them wait so long for my answer. During my classes, I zoned out and tried to sort through my feelings.

Changjo… he was such a sweet guy, not to mention handsome. He sent me messages online, became my friend on his first day of school here, and even called me pretty.

He’s amazing at dancing and knew what to say at the right moments. He helped me when I had an injured leg. And I had so much fun with him on that date. Changjo was so perfect, why did he have to like me?

And L.Joe… although we did bicker a few times, he was actually nice and caring inside. He knew how to rap, play many instruments, and I have to admit he is very… cute. I thought he was nuts when he made that talent-show bet with me, he was only doing it for my own good.

Our first lunch date was awkward, but he made that up with the trip to Lotte World. He also helped me when the Queenkas had hurt me and got hurt trying to protect me from Jaejoong. And I can’t forget about the camera and necklace he got for me. Even though L.Joe has some flaws, that’s what makes him even more loveable.

I knew I had fallen for one of them, but which one was the question. Who was the one I can’t stop thinking about? Who was the one who was always there for me? Who was the one I felt safe with, was happy with, and had fun with? Who was the one I was attracted to?

To be truthful, I didn’t deserve to be with either of them.

"Eun Mi, what is the answer to this question?" The teacher asked me.

"I DON'T KNOW!!" I said, standing up. Everyone in the classroom stared at me.

Oops... he meant the answer to the math question, not who I was going to pick. 

"I-if you don't know, it's alright." The teacher said with a weird tone. "I'll just call on someone else, no need to overreact."

"Mianhae." I blushed and sat back down. Class continued and I zoned out again.

 

-- ♥ --

 

School was out and I began to walk home. I was still in a daze, thinking about what I was supposed to do. What would Seohyun do in a situation like this?

I mindlessly walked to my apartment, not caring if people heard me talking to myself. I crossed the road without looking at the signs and a car whizzed by me a few feet away from me. The driver looked back and shouted a few curse words at me.

I felt a pair of hands pull me to the sidewalk and shake me lightly. "Eun Mi, what are you doing?"

I looked up into L.Joe's eyes and didn't say anything. Was it him? Was he the one?

"Hello? You alright?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." 

"Don't ever walk across the road like that again, you doofus." He said jokingly.

"Ya, don't call me doofus!" He definitely wasn't the one.

L.Joe stuck his tongue out and began walking so I chased after him. Smiling, I tackled him into a back hug and he let out a surprised gasp. He was really warm and I pressed my cheek against his back. He was always looking out for me and making sure I was okay. He always made me smile. Suddenly, I knew who my choice was. 

"Eun Mi, are you sure you're alright?"

He stopped walking but I didn't let go. "L.Joe..."

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

I felt myself blush as he turned around. "Eun Mi...?"

"I... I love you." I repeated. "I love you."

"Are you... are you serious?" He asked, blushing as well. "You're picking me?"

"Yes, you doofus. I'm picking you." 

He hugged me and lifted me into the air, spinning in a circle. "Park Eun Mi, I love you too!"

"Ya! Put me down! L.Joe! People are staring!"

"It's oppa." He smiled and hugged me. I smiled as he put me down.

I felt like I made the right choice. 

 

-- ♥ --

 

Now the problem was facing Changjo.

I took a deep breath and walked towards Changjo's house. L.Joe had insisted coming with me, but that would just make things awkward between us three.

I could feel my legs shake underneath me and my heart pounded in my chest. I knocked on the door and he opened it.

"Eun Mi! What are you doing here?" He looked surprised.

"Oh... I just wanted to say I know who my choice is." My voice wavered. 

"You did?"

“Changjo…” I looked into his sincere eyes. “You’ve always been there for me and you’re such a nice person. You’re smart and talented, anything a girl could ever wish for.”

He smiled at my words and I struggled to continue. “You’ve always been my source of comfort as BlackAngel and as my friend, and I’m glad I met you. But…”

I bit my lip nervously and looked down at the ground. I just couldn’t say it to him. I couldn’t.

“But I’m not the one you love.”

I looked up at him. He was smiling, but it was a sad and sorrowful smile.

“Changjo…”

“I’ve always knew from the beginning that I would lose.” He pulled me into a hug. "I mean, L.Joe's loved you since grade school! I don't stand a chance."

I could feel myself tearing up so I buried my face into his shoulder. If he knew he wasn't the one, why didn't he say so?

He read my mind and answer my question. "Even if it isn't me you love, I wanted to be able to hold you and pretend you were mine. Just once."

He had given up a long time ago, yet he still fought for me. I felt so sad, doing this to him.

"And if L.Joe didn't fight for you, you guys wouldn't have known you guys loved each other, right? So I guess this is for the best."

"Changjo, I'm sorry." I looked up at him. I could see the pain in his eyes, yet he tried to cover it up. "I'm sorry... you deserve someone much better than me."

He gave me one last kiss on my damp cheek, as if it was to say goodbye to me. "Just remember that I'm alway here if you need me. I'm still your Black Angel."

I sniffled and tried to smile. He was a really amazing guy.

"Thank you." 

 

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
 

✻ author's note the dorky me
I regret nothing. /runs away before all you peoples decide to throw her off a cliff and into a shark tank/
~Ljjang창조♪