Chapter 66 : The Start 1.2

Unexpected Accident (예기치 못한 사고)

Chapter 66 : The Start 1.2


“Stop whining and get back to work, okay?” Yong Mi looked at Eun Hee who was gloomily nodding her head. “Good.” Yong Mi then left and went upstairs to check on Mi Rin and Faye.

 

“Phew! Finally, we’ve finish cleaning the rooms.” Faye and Mi Rin sighed as they wiped their imaginary sweat.  “Oh, you two are done?” Yong Mi asked.

 

“You bet! We’ve finish cleaning the rooms. And we’ll be cleaning the backyard now.” Mi Rin said, making Faye sigh. “Ohkay. Goodluck guys!” Yong Mi pumped her fist and went downstairs. “Ne~!” The two cooed and also went downstairs.

 

“Hey, Mei Rong.” Mei Rong looked at the owner of the voice. “Yes, uncle?”Kyun Hyun was now up to his next plan.

 

“Ji Hyun asked me to….”

 

Narrator's POV :

 

“Ji Hyun asked me to ask you about her spaghetti. Uhm. . . how was it?” Kyunhyun asked the young lass. His heart was thumping violently. He was now on track. On track of destroying their bond. He was nervous at the thought that it would become one of his fiasco.

 

“Honestly Uncle, I don’t know what happened to her, her cooking skills and her taste buds. But please don’t tell her that ‘cause I don’t want to hurt her feelings, okay uncle?” Mei Rong looks at Kyunhyun with a pleading look.

 

Little by little, Kyunhyun’s heart ached as he looked at his niece’s face. But then his thoughts brushed it off, This is for their own good, Kyunhyun! This is no time for getting all soft and sad. Don’t let their sorry faces get the best of you! Kyunhyun then looks at Mei Rong’s eyes and shows her a thumbs up.

 

Meanwhile on the other side of the house. . .

 

“Eun Hee, how are the balloons?” Yong Mi asks as she starts supervising the party decorations. Eun Hee starts scratching the back of her head. She was hesitating whether she’ll tell Yong Mi about the balloons.

 

But then, Yong Mi’s aura got the best of her. “Uhm. . well~~” Yong Mi turns her head towards Eun Hee and raises an eyebrow.

 

“The balloons . . . there are holes in every balloon.” Eun Hee muttered, loud enough for Yong Mi to hear. Well, this is one of the reasons to have a party fiasco. “What?! How could that happen?” Yong Mi was bewildered by what Eun Hee just said.

 

“Every time I blow a piece of balloon, it keeps on deflating.” Eun Hee then starts demonstrating the situation— the blowing of balloon and deflating of the balloon part. She then pouts as she was already frustrated by the situation.

 

Yong Mi didn’t have any choice but to scratch her nape. This is going to be one of the biggest fiasco in her life!

 

 

Well, here’s what happened. A while ago. . .

 

“Hmm. . . Something’s missing. Oh wait! The inflator. How could I forget that?” She stood up and went upstairs. Kyunhyun then sneaks towards the bag of balloons. Before he starts one of his evil plans, he then looks around— making sure the coast is clear.

 

“I deeply apologize, Eun Hee. I’m sorry.” Kyunhyun whispers, pulling out a small needle—a sharp needle to be exact. He then starts poking the bag of balloons with a small needle, in every spot, not mussing a single balloon.

 

“It’s just a small hole. It won’t be obvious, though.” Kyunhyun whispers. The corners of his lips were tugged up in to a smirk.

 

“Okay! Let’s get to work— Oh? Hi Uncle!” Eun Hee beamed with the inflator on her left hand. This startled Kyunhyun, making him jump. He hides the needle on the pocket of his polo shirt and turns around, facing Eun Hee.

 

“H-hi Eunhee.” Kyunhyun stutters with a crooked smile on his smile. Drops of sweat were already sliding down on the side of his face.

 

“What are you doing here, Uncle?” Eun Hee eyes him suspiciously. “And, why are you sweating?” She then adds as she sits down beside him.

 

“I’m just c-checking out these balloons. They’re very colorful. . .” He then pauses as he starts wiping his sweat away, “It’s quite hot in here.” Kyunhyun reasoned out as he starts pulling his collar, acting like it’s really hot.

 

“I know right? Just look at those rainbow colors. It would be such a waste if it’d be thrown away. . . The AC is on, Uncle, and it’s in high cool.” Eun Hee says while looking at the balloons. Her attention was now transferred back to Kyunhyun

 

“Uhm. Yes. . you’re right.” Kyunhyun starts avoiding Eun Hee’s stare by making himself busy by looking at different party decorations.

 

“Uncle?” “Hm?” “Would you like to help me inflate these balloons?” Eun Hee asks as she crossed her fingers, wishing that Kyunhyun would help me.

 

“Uhm. Sorry Eun Hee but I also need to check on your eonnie, okay?” Kyunhyun apologetically said, earning a nod from the young lass. “Arasso, Uncle.”

 

Kyunhyun then trots away, looking for his next target. Mei Rong.

 

 

Now, back to the present. Mei Rong looks at Kyunhyun and said, “I’ll just go to Eun Ji, Uncle.” Kyunhyun nodded and Mei Rong leaves him. Kyunhyun then looks around, looking for the next target.

 

Aha! Faye and Mi Rin, he thought. He then looks around, only to see that the two girls are cleaning the backyard. He then goes to every bedroom, trashing it. He starts throwing every single thing on the floor.

 

May it be clothes, hair brush, cosmetics, cameras, books or whatnot. A single action never bothered him. This is what he wanted. He continues throwing stuff everywhere. But there was one thing that almost stopped him from this damnable plan.

 

A picture frame. Their picture. It was a group picture. He was in the middle with his nieces beside him. They were smiling, laughing when the picture was taken.

 

He was happy in the picture. A big, happy grin on his face. Happiness was shown in face. His expressions were transparent enough to read but then this time, it was not.

 

Why am I doing this?—No! Stop thinking about those memories, Kyunhyun. This is going to slow you down for pete sake! His thoughts shouted as he gripped onto the sides of the picture frame.

 

His face was glum, doleful, and wretched. But this was no time to be glum, doleful or wretched. This was something that could change the girls’ future. He placed the picture frame down and left the room.

 

He went down to his office and shut the door close. He locked it. Kyunhyun suddenly slumped on to the couch. He groaned as he rubs his hands on his face. This was too much.

 

"Why would we stop it? They're destined to it."

"Your sisters were also destined to it. Every single child that they bear. . . . are destined to be arranged marriage with someone."

"That's how the business world rotates, Kyun Hyun."

 

The voice of Kyunhyun’s father ringed on his mind. He abruptly got up and looked at the time. “I still have lots of time. I can do this…” He paused for a while and whispers, "I'll do whatever it takes. . . If separating them is the answer. . . I'll do it just to save them. . . They should learn how to be independent. . ."

 

 

 

“Eun Ji-ah~ Can I help you with that?” “It’s okay, eonnie. I’m already finished with it.” Eun Ji stands up, stretching her legs and arms. “Oh? Okay then.” Mei Rong was going to leave when Eun Ji called her.

 

“Eonnie, can you tell Yong Mi to come here?” Mei Rong nods and calls Yong Mi. “Yong Mi! Eun Ji is done!” “Ne~!” Yong Mi responded. Yong Mi then hurries down to where Eun Ji was and starts checking it.

 

“You did a good job, Eun Ji. You can rest for a bit.” Yong Mi said, placing a check on her checklist. Eun Ji nodded and sits down on the couch. “Eun Ji eonnie!”

 

“What is it, Ji Hyun?” Eun Ji shouted as she lazily placed her arm on the arm rest. “Can you come and taste this? It’d be just a minute!” Ji Hyun shouted back.

 

“Hai! Hai!” Eun Ji shouted back. She stands up and walks toward the kitchen. She was welcomed by an unpleasant smell. Urgh. What’s that smell? I feel like barfing—Eun Ji was then startled when Ji Hyun turns around to face her.

 

“Eonnie, taste this.” Ji Hyun strides towards her, a wooden spoon, filled with some sauce or soup on it, on her right hand. Eun Ji gulped a large amount of saliva when Ji Hyun placed the wooden spoon on her lips.

 

Eun Ji then takes a small sip on the sauce or soup and was taken aback by its taste. Ohgosh, this tastes terrible! But, I shouldn’t say it. . . I might hurt her feelings. I should say that it’s delicious! Eun Ji then gives her a forced smile and said, “It’s delicious.”

 

“Really? Thanks eonnie!” Ji Hyun then skips towards the stove. Eun Ji then quietly leaves the kitchen. She was about to call Yong Mi when she sees Kris. “Hey, Kris!” Kris looks at Eun Ji and said, “Hey Eun Ji. Have you seen, Hyun Jae?” Kris asks.

 

Eun Ji was about to answer when Hyun Jae pops out from nowhere. “OHMY—Hyun Jae! You scared the daylights out of me.” Eun Ji smacks Hyun Jae’s arm, making Hyun Jae yelp. “Hey! That hurts.” Hyun Jae pouts while rubbing the area where Eun Ji hit her.

 

Eun Ji rolls her eyes and pushes Hyun Jae towards Kris. “There. I’ve seen Hyun Jae.” Eun Ji said, leaving the two in the process. The two were left dumbfounded.

 

“Tsk. I’m older than her and she’s treating me like that.” Hyun Jae whispers as she pouts. Kris then remembers why he wanted to see Hyun Jae. Oh yeah…. I’m giving her the ring that Tao and I asked from her. She does not know that it’s for her… Kris thought and said, “Let’s go to the park, Hyun Jae.”

 

Hyun Jae then looks up to him and says, “But they need me here—“ “Look at them. They’re busy. And it looks like they don’t need your help.” Kris said, making Hyun Jae furrow her eyebrows. “Okay, fine. But you’re going to treat me ice cream!”

 

“Well, let’s go then.” Kris then grabs Hyun Jae’s hand as they walk towards the door. They went out and start walking. The place was quiet. Not quiet, eerie but quiet, peaceful. They walked in silence until they stopped right in front of a playground.

 

“Ooohh~! Swing!” Hyun Jae lets go of Kris’ hand and dashes towards the swing. She sits down on the swing and starts kicking the ground, making the swing move. “Wieeee~” Hyun Jae squealed like a little girl as the swing moved.

 

Kris just chuckled, walking towards the squealing lass. He sits beside Hyun Jae and stares at her. Hyun Jae was too busy to notice his stare. When Hyun Jae stopped, she finally noticed his stare.

 

“What is it, Kris?” She asked as she looks at Kris’ eyes. Kris was somehow startled but then managed to return himself back to his old self. “U-uh. I wanted to give you something.” He said while avoiding Hyun Jae’s gaze.

 

“Hmm, what did you want to give me?” She asked. Kris pulls out a small box, a scarlet red box. He opened it and pulled the ring out. Hyun Jae’s eyes widen as a thought hit her, Is he going to propose?!

 

“Wait! Don’t get me wrong. Tao and I wanted to give you this ring. I know it looks familiar for you since the guys and I asked you to make us customized rings and etcetera. But I want you to know this Hyun Jae, if you’re in need of help or something, we’ll always be there for you.” Kris said as he gently grabs her hand and slips the ring onto her ring finger.

 

“Aww. You guys are so sweet. I love it.” Hyun Jae sincerely said, looking at the ring. She then gazes up to Kris and said, “You’re such a sweet guy, Kris. And I want to thank you for this ring and for everything that you did.” She gave him a smile, a smile that Kris have never seen before.

 

Kris smiled back at her and said, “It’s no biggie. As long as it’s you, I’m willing to be by your side and do every single thing that could make you happy.” Hyun Jae chuckles and looks up at the sky.

 

“You know what, Kris. I thought you were a douche before since you teased me. But then you turned out to be a nice guy. The type of guy who has a good heart. And I love that about you. I’m glad that I’ve met you Kris. And I’m glad that I have also met the others.” She said as she looked nostalgic when she remembered about the arranged marriage.

 

Kris was speechless. He literally is speechless. He does not know how to reply to what Hyun Jae just said. Hyun Jae kind of noticed it and starts changing the topic. “Hey! You promised that you’d treat me ice cream.”

 

“O-oh yeah. Let’s go to that ice cream stall.” Kris stands up and offers a hand to Hyun Jae. “Thanks.” Hyun Jae places her hand on Kris’s hand and stands up. They walked towards the ice cream stall and starts buying the ice cream that Kris has promised her.

 

Meanwhile. . . .

 

“What the? Jang Mi Rin! Faye Jhonsons! Get your butts up in here this instant!” Yong Mi yelled, her voice echoed throughout the whole house. Faye and Mi Rin were kind of startled by Yong Mi’s sudden outburst.

 

They went inside and ran towards where Yong Mi was. They stood right beside her and chorused, “What’s wrong?—Oh my gosh. What happened here?” The two gasped as they saw the state of every room.

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” Yong Mi was angry. No. She was furious. “What happened here?!” She stated as she glared at the two. “W-we don’t know! We were at the backyard cleaning!” The two exclaimed.

 

“Well, if whoever did this you two are still going to clean it.” Yong Mi stomped of with her eyebrows furrowed. Mi Rin and Faye looked at each other and sighed. “We’re going to do it all over again.

 

The two sighed and went to the rooms. They started cleaning but then they noticed the mess was not like before. It was somehow made by someone. Someone who did it in purpose. Did she do this mess?

 

Each one of them starts getting suspicious on one another. It was totally unusual for things to happen. But there was nothing to stop the young Jang and Jhonsons from blaming each other for the mess.

 

Smokes were coming out from their ears. They were angry. Angry at the mess. They were working their butts out and this is going to happen. As Mi Rin was cleaning, she noticed the picture frame.

 

It was the same picture frame that made Kyunhyun stop. Mi Rin stopped for a minute and picked the picture frame. She looked at the picture and remembered what happened in the picture.

 

They were at the age of twelve back then. They went to the park that time with Kyunhyun since they are going to have some picnic with each other. It was the last time for them to spend some time with Kyunhyun since he’s going to become busy with his work.

 

They took the photo at the last moment. They started laughing when Kyunhyun said something. The photo was taken nicely even though they were laughing.

 

Anyways, enough with that. Mi Rin smiles at the memory but then it faded away when she remembered what just happened. She sighed and placed the picture frame down. She continued cleaning until she heard a scream.

 

“WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!”

 


Author's Note:

Hello guys! How are you? How's your vacation (if it's your vacation though)? I hope you guys like this update. Good thing ideas keep on coming. ^^ I'll try updating tomorrow guys, if ever my big brother would let me borrow his laptop again. Yes, I'm borrowing my big brother's laptop since I left my laptop in *insert the country where I'm studying*. Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter! ^^

I also want to thank everyone for subscribing and for leaving a comment in other chapters. And I would also like to say Hi to my silent readers :) Ahihi. 

Bye bye~

Ciao

--x Winter_Breeze