Chapter 64 : They're back!

Unexpected Accident (예기치 못한 사고)

Chapter 64 : They're back!

 


"I'll do whatever it takes. . . If separating them is the answer. . . I'll do it just to save them. . . They should learn how to be independent. . ." Kyun Hyun uttered, his eyes black as orbs, his porcelain skin glowing under the moonlight. His messy hair, his untucked white longsleeve still made him attractive. But this plan of his. . . Is something for him to regret or to rejoice.

 

Narrator's POV:

 

"Hey, where is Uncle?" Ji Hyun asked as she looked out from the window. Everyone's head jerked towards her direction. "Come to think of it, he's not here though. It has been to 20 minutes or so since I've seen him." Yong Mi answered, tapping her chin with her index finger. "Oh c'mon Kris, cheer up! Show us that gummy smile of yours. If Hyun Jae is awake right now, she would have been scolding you for not smiling." Myun Min made Kris face her as she tried making him smile by placing her fingers on the side of his lips, tugging it upwards.

Kris swatted her fingers away, rolling his eye in the process. Myun Min scoffed and said, "I just want to hep you." But to her dismay, Kris just looked at her and transferred his gaze to Hyun Jae who was fast asleep. "What's wrong with him-- Oh I forgot. . . He loves Hyun Jae." Ji Hyun said after she realized something.

 

*knock* *knock*

 

"Come in-" "Manager-- Where's Manager Hyung?" Lu Han asked after he scanned the whole room with his doe-like eyes. "Molla." Ji Hyun answered after plopping a piece of candy on . Lu Han tilted his head and mumbled, "He was here a while ago. That's weird."  His eyes twinkled and said, "Thanks anyway." And with that he left the room, shutting the door close. Without the girls knowing, Kris stood up before heaving a sigh that made the girls look at him. 

"I'll just go and check Tao." said Kris, whose long, slender fingers wrapped around the door knob. He twisted it open and left the room without hearing their response. "Geez, what's his problem." Yong Mi muttered while replacing the wet towel that was on Hyun Jae's forehead. "And what's taking that porridge so long? I'm hungry." Myun Min whined while rubbing her tummy.

 

Meanwhile at the kitchen, Kyungsoo and Mei Rong were preparing the ingredients for Hobakjuk. Kyungsoo was preparing the Butternut squash. He sliced the butternut squash. Length wise. He scooped the seeds and stringy stuff. After that he placed a large pot on the stove, filling it with 4-5  cups. He then placed the squash inside, placing the lid on. Mei Rong on the other hand was preparing the rice flour. She measured 1 cup of rice flour before putting it inside a big bowl.

She added 3/4 cup of boiling water on the rice flour, stirring it after with a wooden spoon. When it cooled down, she started kneeding it after taking it out from the bowl. She wrapped it in a plastic wrap and left it for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes has passed, she placed 1.5T of rice flour on a bowl. She took tiny pieces of dough and rolled the dough on her palms, turning it into small balls. 

After everything has been prepared, Kyungsoo and Mei Rong started making the squash soup. When cool, scoop out the insides with spoon then into the bowl and discard the skin. They added squash to the put and added 4-5 cups of water, stirring it to make it not so chunky. They then added a little of the rice balls onto the boiling squash, including the remaining rice flour in the bowl.

They added sugar and salt. When the little marble size rice cakes began to float, the turned of the stove.

[A/N: I'm hungry . . . I also want you guys to be hungry. . . It looks yummy right? *u*]

Kyungsoo took out some bowl, tray, a glass and a spoon. Mei Rong then poured in the Hobakjuk onto the bowl, filling half of the bowl. She then poured water onto the glass. Kyungsoo placed the bowl and the glass of water onto the tray. He placed the spoon on the bowl.

"Kris !" Kyungsoo yelled after putting some medicine on the tray. Heavy footsteps could be heard. Going down the stairs. "What?" Kris nonchalantly asked while dragging his feet. "Here. Bring this to Hyun Jae. Wake her up so that she can fill up her empty stomach with this yummy soup we made." Kyungsoo ordered with Kris obediently following his orders while nodding.

He held the tray on both sides and went upstairs. He knocked on the door, only to be opened by Ji Hyun. "Oh, It's just-- Is that Hobakjuk?! Omo." Ji Hyun was surprised to see Hobakjuk. Kris just walked pass her, placing the tray onto the table beside Hyun Jae's bed. "Palli! We better call the others." Kris heard Ji Hyun squeal. The three girls went out, searching for the other girls. 

 

"C'mon Eun Ji, cheer up." Mi Rin said after sitting beside Eun Ji. "Yeah. . . Tao just wanted to help--" "But he told us we are disgusting!" Eun Ji yelled, standing up from her seat. "He was just angry! He didn't mean it!" Eun Hee reasoned out. "We need something to calm her down." Faye whispered, making Mi Rin look at her. "What's going to calm her down?!" Mi Rin whispered back. "Just wait. In. . . 3 . . . 2. . . . 1." Faye muttered with a smug look on her face.

Mi Rin just stared at her while Eun Hee was already hugging Eun Ji's foot. "Eun Ji! Just cheer up. I'm here to cheer you up! I can buy you those albums you always want!" Eun Hee blabbered while Eun Ji was getting on something. "You'll buy me all the album I want?" She asked, an evil smirk plastered on her face.

"Yes yes! I will--" "EUN JI! THEY MADE HOBAKJUK!" Yong Mi, Ji Hyun and Myun Min exclaimed, kicking the door open. "See." Faye said, in a smug look. "Yeah yeah, whatever." Mi Rin muttered, rolling her eyes. "Hobakjuk?.... Eun Ji's favorite soup?!" Eun Hee muttered, her shocked expression while looking at something. 

"Jinjja?! Omo. . . Let's goooooo!" Eun Ji sang, smiling from ear to ear. She ran out of the room, going down to the kitchen. "Woah. That was easy?" Ji Hyun unsurely said while looking at the others. "Let's go?" Yong Mi asked, receiving a nod from the others. They went out of the room and went downstairs. "What's with Hobakjuk anyway?" Faye asked. "It's a porridge. Made from Butternut Squash." Mi Rin said, looking at Faye. "Never tried that before." Faye confessed while pursing her lips. "You always had American cuisine at your house." Yong Mi stated, making everyone turn their heads towards Faye.

"What? My Dad's American, what can I do?" Faye raised both of her hands, looking at everyone. When they were busy talking, they didn't notice that they were already in the kitchen. Eun Ji was sitting in front of marbled counter, a bowl of Hobakjuk placed in front of her. "Slow down Eun Ji." Kyungsoo said while smiling. "Seems like you're hungry after getting angry." Mei Rong said after placing a glass of water beside her bowl. 

"I guess so." Eun Ji muttered, placing a spoonful of Hobakjuk on . "Now, why are you so happy when you saw the Hobakjuk?" Kyunsoo asked. "It's because her Mom always fed her Hobakjuk every dinner time." Yong Mi said while sitting beside Eun Ji. "Every dinner time?!" Kyungsoo asked, his eyes wide like saucers. "She got sick easily." Mei Rong added while looking at the saddened Eun Ji. "But I'm now. . . . I'm healthy!" Eun Ji beamed after gulping down the rice balls. 

"Yeah, whatever." Eun Hee teased after grabbing a bottle of orange juice from the refrigerator. "Tch. You're still buying me all the albums I want." Eun Ji smirked at Eun Hee who was tacken aback. "Wha..?" Eun Hee was totally taken aback by what Eun Ji said. "Heh, your fault for offering me that wonderful deal. You'll buy every single album I want." Eun Ji evilly said, pulling her phone out from her pocket.

"I'll email you the list of the albums I want." Eun Ji pressed a button on her phone, making Eun Hee's phone ring. Eun Hee pulled her phone out, opening the email. "WHAT THE?!--" Before Eun Hee could finish, someone placed a finger on her lips. 

 

"Sssh, you're so loud my love." Donghae said after popping out from nowhere. Eun Hee's face turned red, "W-what are you doing?! Aish!" She swatted Donghae's hand, stomping off. "What's wrong with her?" Donghae asked. "She's spending hundreds of thousands for all of her.." Faye paused, pointing her index finger to Eun Ji who was blissfully enjoying her Hobakjuk. "Albums." Faye continued with a shrug. 

"Ohkay--" "HEY GUYS WASSUP?!" Chanyeol roared with a big goofy grin on his face. "Where's the Hobakjuk?" Tao asked, his eyes were bloodshot red from crying. "Here's a bowl of Hobakjuk, Tao." Mei Rong said after pouring some Hobakjuk on a black bowl. "Thanks." Tao sat beside Eun Ji who was sweating nervously. 

"Ease down, Eun Ji. Tao's not gonna bite you." Chen assuringly smiled at Eun Ji while grabbing a carton of milk from the fridge. "I know. . . . I'm sorry for being so mean to you Tao. ." Eun Ji muttered while looking down at her Hobakjuk. "It's okay but I'm also sorry. . ." Tao said, looking at Eun Ji who was still looking at her Hobakjuk.

"The hobakjuk is not the one you're talking to Eun Ji eonnie." Mi Rin said while leaning on the wall. "No Rin, she's talking to the spoon." Yong Mi and Ji Hyun sarcatically chorused, making everyone look at them. "Anyways, friends--"

 

*DING* *DONG* *DING* *DONG*

 

"Oh, I'll get that." Suho said, walking towards the door. "I wonder who's at the door right now." Faye said while looking at the door. "I bet its Manager Uncle." Mi Rin nonchalantly said, staring at the fridge. Suho twisted the door knob, pulling the door open. "How may I--"

 

"WE'RE BACK!" 

 

"Who's at the door?" Eun Hee asked after grabbing a pear from the fruit basket. "U-uh. . . How may I help you, young ladies?" Suho stammered, feeling a bit awkward. "Oppa, who's at the door?" Yong Mi asked the man of his love after taking a bite from her apple. Yong Mi looked up after standing right beside Suho. "Oh my..." Yong Mi gasped, dropping the apple.  The apple rolled towards the two.

Every ones attention was now on Yong Mi. "Hyun Ann. . . Su Mi. . ." Yong Mi muttered with her hands on . "Nguguf (Nugu)?" Eun Ji asked with full of Hobakjuk. "Mollaseo." Mei Rong answered while washing some plates. "HYUN ANN, SU MI!" Yong Mi screamed, wrapping her arms around the two. 

The girls then transferred their gaze at the two; Hyun Ann and Su Mi. "Oh, its just Su Mi and Hyun Ann." Faye nonchalantly announced after getting a close look on the two. "What?! Hyun Ann and Su Mi?!" Myun Min and Mi Rin exclaimed, their mouths were hang open.

"Guess who's back!" Another voice roared with excitement. Everyone went towards the main door and looked at the guy who was currently blooming at the moment. "What's the meaning of this?" Eun Ji asked in a harsh way, which everyone didn't notice except for Faye and Mei Rong.

Ji Hyun, Yong Mi, Eun Hee, Mi Rin and Myun min were busy attacking the two with tight hugs. "I just want my neices to have some reunion. Why? Are you not happy to see them?" Manager Uncle asked with a sly grin plastered on his face. "No, we're happy to see them again." Faye said after cutting Eun Ji off.

"Well then, lets have some Welcome Party then. Hyun Ann, Sumi, let's go back to your hotel. We'll be back tomorrow, so you guys better fix the place up." Manager Uncle ordered while pushing the two back towards the car. "Ne." The five girls chorused with a big grin plastered on their faces.

"I smell something fishy." Mei Rong whispers, earning a nod from the two. The nerve of her to face me again, Faye angrily thought while turning her heels. She started walking away with some conclusions on her mind.

"Well then, we better start planning on whose in-charge with something." Ji Hyun said after closing the door. "I'll pass." Mei. Rong and Eun Ji chorused, making everyone jerk their heads towards the two.  "We still have something to take care of." Eun Ji said, making the other nod.

"Lets start talking in the living room." Myun Min said, walking towards the living room with the others trailing behind her. Eun Ji and Mei Rong went towards where Faye is. "Hey, I wonder why they're back." Faye said while looking at the window. Suddenly, it started raining. Raindrops started pouring down. 

"Maybe something's up." Eun Ji reassured, leaning on the wall. "Tss. Yeah right." Faye scoffed after rolling her eyes. "Oh c'mon, why won't you stop holding a grudge on her?" Mei Rong asked, heaving a sigh. Faye ignored her question  changing the subject. "Why was Uncle with them?" Faye asked while tapping on her chin. The three started thinking, not knowing whats about to happen to them.

 


Hey guys!

Here's an update ! :)

I know I haven't updated for a while now since I clearly had no ideas. I apologize for not updating from time to time. 

Anyways, Happy holidays guys! :)

-Winter_Breeze