Eight Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Dad had announced that he was coming home today; finally I was going to be able to see him after three months. I wonder if he brought something with him. I hope so. But then again, if he bought me something then he probably got Soo Ni something as well. I groaned at the thought of her receiving even more gifts.

I couldn’t understand how my father allowed Soo Ni’s mother – my step mother to use his money the way she actually did. Every day she would come home with new clothes and other stuff that she somehow never used or didn’t even need to have in the first place.

“DORAM.” My eyes widened in surprise as I spun around, Seo Won was half running down the hallway before jumping and wrapping her bony arms around my shoulders. “Girlfriend, I missed you.” she squealed before planting a kiss on my cheek. I chuckled as she pulled away and grabbed my hand. Sometimes I wished that I could just take Seo Won with me and get the hell out of here, away from School, away from Seoul and South Korea for that matter.

“Yah, I heard that you meet some guys the other day. Is it true?” she whispered into my ear and I tensed upon what I heard. Had someone seen me with Hoya and those other jerks? “It’s not like that; they just placed themselves down at my table for no reason.” I defended myself as a bang of guilt hit me. I was still feeling a bit bad about what I said to Hoya. Still, he had absolutely no right to do what he did.

“Well then.” She smiled brightly, as if nothing had happened. She tugged on my hand as she told me that she wanted to take a smoke. “Are you sure that’s such a great idea? You know what happened last time.” I wondered but she only shrugged her shoulders, as if being sent to the principal’s office and getting detention was nothing.

Though, I didn’t object when she started to pull me along with her towards the staircase that leads to the rooftop. Once there she brought out a package of cigarettes, “here.” She reached out the package towards me but I shook my head. I didn’t want to smoke, simply because I felt really weird afterwards. She lingered her gaze at me before tucking them away. “So up for some clubbing tonight?” I would’ve agreed right away if it weren’t for that my father were coming home today.

“Sorry, can’t. My father is coming home today.” I explained and she nodded once, her smile fading slightly. But she knew that my father meant everything to me, he was the only relative I had left, “some other time then.” I weakly smiled at her before heading off towards the edge, my body pressed against the railing as I looked out on Seoul, taking in the view.

I stood like that for a while, thinking about what Hoya had said, Yonghyun cheating, no ing way. That could simply not be possible. But then, why was my mind not at ease? “Seo Won?” I waited for her to reply, I wanted her fully attention before telling her the rest. “Yeah.” She answered with a tone louder than normal.

“Do you think Yonghyun is cheating on me?” I laughed in my mind over how stupid that sounded. It felt almost surreal to ask something like that. “No.” her reply was easy, straightforward. I never doubted her words before. But even though her words said something, my heart told me something else. Seriously Doram, you’re in a relationship, you have to trust each other. You’ve been dating him for over two years and you are going around believing in some guy you meet not even a week ago.

The voice in my head was right, how could I even believe in Hoya. That boy was a true playboy and nothing else, he didn’t know Yonghyun. Of course I shouldn’t believe in him, I should believe Yonghyun, he’s my boyfriend for crying out loud.

“Doram, class is starting again.” Seo Won announced and I nodded half-half, still too indulged in my thoughts to say something. I let out a deep sigh as I stared up on the clear blue sky. The sun was brightly shining, causing my mood to rise a bit. With a last glance I headed back together with Seo Won. The last class before the day was over. Just endure it.

My heart caught in my throat when I saw Soo Ni talking to Yonghyun just outside the classroom. I know Yonghyun were just being nice and all, but did he have to smile like that, did he have to show her his laughter. A bang of jealousy swept over me and Hoya’s words once again sneaked inside my head. I had to tell myself to calm down, Soo Ni was just doing this to piss me off, and Yonghyun was just being nice. That was simply his nature, to be nice to everyone.

I took a deep breath and walked up to them before I wrapped an arm around Yonghyun’s waist. Immediately I could see how Soo Ni’s smile faded into a frown. She should know that he’s mine and not for her to take. I told him that our class was starting and that we should head inside. “Bye Soo Ni.” I stuck out my tongue at her before I pulled Yonghyun with me.

“Shouldn’t you be nice to your sister.” What, why was he defending her. My head snapped up and our gazes met. “She’s not my sister.” I murmured out angrily. I was never going to see her as my sister. Without further ado I left him standing there, I was too pissed off at him right now. Why was he doing this, he knew that I hated her.

The classroom door slid open and I stared at the last teacher for the day as she started the class. I tried to follow through with what she was saying. I really did, but it was hard when so many things were occupying your mind. “Flip open page 218.” She instructed and I did as she told. For the whole lesson we scribbled down various English sentences that would be on an upcoming test.

Once the bell finally rang for the last time I scrambled up on my feet’s before grabbing my bag and getting the hell out of there. I didn’t even wait for Yonghyun. He didn’t say goodbye the other day so why would I.

With fast steps I hurried over to the subway station a few hundred meters away. Home, it was the only place I wanted to get to right now. Luckily the subway ride was not long, only a few stations and once I got off I practically ran towards the exit. I ran all the way home, the bag bouncing against my back every time by ever step I took. A bit out of breath I slung the gate open as I hurried inside.

“DAD?” I yelled on top of lungs as I began my search for him. My heart was frenetically thumping against my ribs as I skidded inside the living room after getting to know that he and ‘she’ was there. I lunged forwards and wrapped my arms as much as I could around him. Tears were slowly forming in my eyes.

“I missed you.” I stuttered out as I slightly pulled away and saw my father’s face, immediately a bothersome feeling entered me. It was so easy to tell when my dad was thinking about something, but before I got the chance to ask him the outer door was slung open and in stepped Soo Ni. We stared at each other for a while. I know she was pissed because I ruined her little chat with Yonghyun.

“We’re moving.” My father’s voice brought me back to earth again; did he just say that we are moving? No way, where to?