Seventeenth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

After getting some cash from the locker I made my way over to the bar and something to drink. Alcohol would always solve my problems, temporarily at least. I glanced in the direction of the dance floor, the boys were gone and I guessed they’d already left the club. A sigh rolled of my lips as a bang of sadness swept over me. I didn’t even know why I wanted them to stay behind. Maybe because they were the only company I actually had.

Getting friends was never easy, especially not if you transfers in the middle of the semester and then don’t even fit in from the start. I would never fit in this kind of environment, it was a total hundred eighty degree turn from my previous life.  

And Yonghyun, I couldn’t put it into words what it was with him because I simply didn’t know, and Seo Won seems as if she was ditching me. Was it because I was poor now? Because I weren’t loaded with tones of money and couldn’t buy her things. Was that it? Then I’d rather be around those erts, at least they didn’t care how much money I had on my bank account or how much money my clothes costs.

“What can I get you?” I leaned my body against the bar disk as I told the bartender that I wanted a shot with tequila. I watched as he poured the drink up in a glass before scooting it over towards me. I immediately gulped the whole glass in one go after handing over the money, the liquid burned in my throat as I swallowed it down.

I motioned with my glass that I wanted another one before placing the empty shot glass down on the bar disk as I pulled out the last money I got. It didn’t take many seconds before the new glass were in front of me. Once again did I hand over the money before grabbing the glass. I turned around since I wanted to sit down at the tables at the dance floor.

Shocked I stepped back, my back arching into the hard wood behind me as I glared at the person before me, the person that scared the hell out of me. Though, it didn’t seem as if I were the only person surprised, he did as well. “I thought you left.” I murmured under my breath as I looked away from Hoya’s piercing gaze. This was so awkward. It wasn’t like I expected him or them to be here for that matter.

What the hell, it wasn’t like I came here to meet them. With the glass in my left hand I stole a quick glance on Hoya before I left him there as I made my way towards the tables. I must’ve been so surprised to see him because my pulse had suddenly increased rather violently. But then, if Hoya was still here, did that mean the others were too?

I don’t even think a second past by before I got that confirmed. Right before me was the rest of the six sitting down at a table and I slightly cursed in my mind when Sungjong noticed me. A huge smile lit upon his face and I could see how his mouth moved, even though I couldn’t hear anything besides the music. But soon enough all of them were looking in my direction.

Hastily I turned in the other direction as I stood completely still, maybe they didn’t see me. Well, even if they did see me they could probably think it was someone else. It wasn’t like I usually looked like this. I never wore these kind of clothes nor this much make-up.

But just as I were about to walk away I felt something brush against my other hand before that oh so familiar hand slipped into mine and I was being pulled with him. I groaned in my head as I came face to face with the rest of the guys. Sungjong still wore that smile and my eyes widened slightly when he hugged me. I couldn’t just push him away so I waited until he pulled back and I awkwardly stared at the other.

“Doram right?” one of the boys asked, it was one of the two I actually didn’t know the name of, and I couldn’t remember that I had told them mine. I skeptically looked at him, wondering where he’d gotten my name from. He must’ve seen my expression because he pointed at Sungjong and then told me that the younger boy couldn’t stop talking about me. My head snapped in the direction of Sungjong and I raised an eyebrow at him. “You’re talking about me with them?” I asked as I let my index finger point at the other six guys. He meekly smiled and I took that as a yes.

I brought the glass with tequila to my lips as I let the liquid flow down my throat. I could practically feel the gazes of everyone on me and it felt rather awkward to having them stare at me like that. In haste I let the glass down onto the table, “heavy drinker huh?” Hoya grinned at me from the other side of the table. Did he think I was some alcoholic or what?

“More like temporary problem solver.” I retorted back, my mood dropped instantly when I thought about Yonghyun and I let my gaze fix itself on my glass as I let it roll in-between my fingers. I missed Yonghyun’s old self. How he was when we first started going out, how funny and caring he was. Now, he doesn’t even seem to give a crap.

“You, problems, right.” My head snapped up and I looked at Hoya as I glared at him. Why, does he think that my life is easy and carefree, if he truly knew all the things I’ve been through then he wouldn’t say that. “Right, your cheating boyfriend.” He added on and I could literally feel my blood boiling. My eyes left his and I turned my attention towards Sungjong who was standing on my right side.

I gently grabbed his hand and pulled him with me to the dance floor. The reason to why I picked Sungjong was because he didn’t make me as angry as Hoya did, nor did he make me all goofy and warm like MyungSoo, or driving me crazy like Sung Yeol. To be honest, I saw him more as a replacement for Seo Won, how weird that must sound, but it was true.

“Having fun?” Sungjong roared into my ear, it was the only way in order to hear what we said to each other; otherwise the music would’ve overshadowed it. “No, Hoya is ing pissing me off.” I replied and I could see how he began to laugh. Why? I had no clue because it was not even funny. “He tends to get like that sometimes.” I started at Sungjong weirdly, sometimes? He was like that every time I was around.

My gaze left Sungjong and I stared in the direction of where the other guys were standing. My eyes widened and I hastily turned away when my gaze met Hoya’s. He looked somewhat equally as pissed off as I felt right now. Ha, I made him pissed off, though as I thought back on what had happened it wasn’t like I’d said anything in particular. Eh, screw that now. I should be happy that he’s mad.

A smile lit on my lips as Sungjong and I danced to the music, he was a pretty good dancer to be honest, maybe not as good as Hoya, but definitely heck of a lot better than Yonghyun. I don’t know how long we’d been dancing but when my knees suddenly began to hurt again it took me by such a surprise that they gave away and I fell down onto the floor.

My face scrunched up as pain shot through my body, how embarrassing. Sungjong bent down and asked me if I were alright. I nodded once before taking his hand as he pulled me up on my legs again. I bit my lip as I slowly made my way back to the table. All of them weren’t present; I noticed that Woohyun, Hoya and that foreign looking guy weren’t there.

I pushed myself up on the barstool as I looked down on my knees. The wounds were still there and I cursed under my breath as I let my index finger run along the wrinkly and damaged skin. “You okay?” my gaze meet MyungSoo’s and I gave him a reassuring smile as I told him that everything was fine and that there were nothing to worry about.

“Where’s the other three?” I looked towards the dance floor as I searched for the three missing boys. I spotted Woohyun dancing with some girl. I let out a low chuckle as I remembered the words he said in the classroom, when he was jealous over that I might like MyungSoo, much for being jealous huh.

My eyes travelled from Woohyun and it didn’t take many seconds before I found the foreign looking boy dancing, with a girl. My smile grew even wider as I looked in-between Woohyun and him. They both looked happy. Maybe you actually didn’t have to be superrich, having the largest house and most expensive stuff to be happy. My eyes left the two of them and ran along the line of dancing people. I came to an immediate stop when I saw Hoya. Just like the other two he too was with a girl and also smiling.

There was a sudden, really painful snap going through my heart and mind and I hastily turned my attention away from Hoya to the glass still standing before my eyes. Was there something wrong with the drinks at this place or what?