Thirtythird Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Friday came faster than I’d wanted it to, with a heavy heart had I made my way towards school. It was the last and final day at Goyang high school. My father had already talked to the principal about my transfer and he was going to send all my grades and such to my new school in Germany.

With a faked smile I entered the classroom and headed over to my seat before placing myself down. The three of them was already there, though Woohyun and Sung Yeol were rather quiet, far too quiet than normal and it didn’t ease my worries at all. During the second class Hoya noticed their quietness as well and asked them if something was wrong. I glared at them, they couldn’t say anything.

“Oh, nothing’s wrong.” The two of them said in unison and I saw how Hoya narrowed his eyes at them before he shrugged his shoulders. I breathed out a sigh and gave the WooYeol couple a last glance before facing the other way. That was close. Once in a while I would look at the clock on the wall; it was ticking too fast yet too slow at the same time. I had already told myself that I would talk to Hoya after school, but not about that I was moving nor the confession. I just wanted to spend this day with him as a last memory.

During lunch we all sat together at the usual table. Once again Hoya asked everyone what the hell was wrong because it was so quiet, no one spoke. So instead of irritate him more I asked Sungjong what he was going to do during the weekend. Maybe I should’ve just kept my mouth shut because he started crying and I began to freak out. “Noona you can’t.” he murmured and my eyes flickered in surprise as I patted Sungjong’s back. Hoya stared at me with an unreadable expression as he asked what the youngest meant with that, but no one said anything.

“Wow, you all seem to have turned crazy.” Hoya muttered before excusing himself. I found myself staring after him as he walked out. My gaze dropped to the table immediately, I couldn’t find myself to look at the other four. They seemed as depressed as I felt right now. But I had to try; I couldn’t let this bring me down. There was nothing I could do about the whole move ordeal, it was my father and he was everything I had left. I couldn’t just stay behind here and let him move there with Soo Ni and her mother. And love, who said I couldn’t find someone there.

I felt a light nudge and I turned to face Sungjong, his tears had been wiped away but his eyes were still watery. “Class is starting again.” he announced and I gave him a nod in reply. After parting from MyungSoo and Sungjong I headed towards the classroom together with Woohyun and Sung Yeol, their smiles were nowhere to be seen and I frowned. Hoya was already seated as his place when the three of us entered, though he didn’t say anything as we sat down.

The next class soon enough started, but instead of focusing on the teacher’s speech I thought about how I was going to make Hoya come with me after school. A good amount of minutes later, and without anything to say I pushed that matter away as I took a quick glance at the said boy. He was concentrating hard on listening to what the teacher was saying that he didn’t notice that I was staring at him.

“DORAM IF YOU HAVE TIME STARING AT HOWON SSHI THEN YOU CAN TURN YOUR HEAD IN THIS DIRECTION.” The teacher yelled and I blinked my eyes in surprise and embarrassment when Hoya turned his attention towards me, that grin plaster upon his lips. I groaned in my head before hastily tearing my gaze away from him. Angrily I glared at the teacher, did he really have to say that.

I didn’t dare to even take a glance at Hoya during the whole remaining classes, I were still too embarrassed about the whole ordeal with the teacher yelling in class, especially since it was not only Hoya who heard it, but everyone present. Though, as the school day neared its end I was getting more and more nervous. I was to tell the truth, starting to freak out. And it most definitely didn’t help at all that in the next second the bell rang. My time at this school was officially over.

Once I’d packed down all my things in my bag I went outside, I leaned my body against the wall right outside as I waited for Hoya to exit. My pulse rose each passing second and so did the beats of my heart. I gulped down on my saliva when I saw Hoya exiting and heading down the hallway. Now was the time. I ran up to him before grabbing his wrist, he came to an immediate stop as he turned to look at me. His eyes met mine and I felt that amazing feeling lingering inside of me.

“I, eh need to talk to you, today.” I stumbled on my words, this was far more troublesome then I first thought it would be. At least I felt a bit of relief when he replied with a confused okay. Still, it was better than him telling me that he didn’t have time. My hand unwrapped itself from his wrist and I started to walk towards the exit with him walking next to me. But as we were walking down the street another problem popped up in my mind. What was I going to tell him now?  

Though just as I was going to open my mouth I felt something tug on my hand. I looked down and met eyes with a little girl, she was crying. My gaze wandered around to see if someone was missing a child, though no one seemed to do that. I bent down and gently wiped away her tears. “You know, a princess shouldn’t cry.” I gave her a smile as she stared at me with those eyes of hers. “Do you know where your mother is?” I asked the young girl who shook her head and pouted. I guess we’ll have to go to the police office then.

I straightened up and looked at Hoya; he was looking in-between the girl and me. “She can’t find her mother.” I explained to him before changing my gaze back to the girl. She had stopped crying. With a smirk on my lips I bent down once again. “Take oppa’s hand.” I whispered into her ear before I stood up again. This was going to be so fun seeing how he’ll react.

Just as I told her she grabbed Hoya’s left hand in hers, he blinked his eyes in shock as he gazed down on her before he shifted his gaze in my direction. I think he understood that I’d been the one telling her to hold his hands; still he didn’t push it away. “I want to hold unnie’s hand too.” The girl cutely stated as she reached out her other hand in my direction. Hoya was sticking out his tongue and I rolled my eyes at him. The girl’s petite little hand found its way into mine and I gently squeezed it.

“In which direction is the police office?” I asked to no one in particular. “Yah, why would I know that?” Hoya wondered with a tone louder than normal. “Why, shouldn’t you know, weren’t you the one who stole my cell phone?” it was so hilarious to make him angry and boy did he get angry. “I didn’t steal it okay.” He retorted back and I had to muffle laughter. Wasn’t he taking this a tad too serious?

People were staring at us as we headed down the street, but there was one group of two women that caught my attention. “Teenagers these days, getting kids when their still in high school.” one of them said and my eyes widened. What, child, with Hoya. Hell no. I just hoped that Hoya hadn’t heard that, something he didn’t seem to have done either because he kept his mouth shut.

“Oppa, can you carry me?” I was amazed that she would ask something like that to a person she didn’t even know. But that wasn’t all; Hoya actually picked her up and let her rest on his shoulders. I had to blink my eyes several times because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. It was too incredible and definitely not something I thought Hoya would do. It was just so not him. “Why do you keep staring at me like that?” his voice made me snap out of my thoughts and I blushed.

“I didn’t know you were so good with kids.” I blurted out and he looked surprised at my statement, that was before he smiled and told me that he used to take care of Sung Yeol’s little brother once in a while. Wow, there truly are so many things I don’t know about them, like Sung Yeol having a younger brother. “Unnie how many kids do you want?” my lip twitched and I blankly stared ahead, why the weird questions? “More than one.” I was myself an only child and knew how boring it was when your friends always had someone to play with.

“Oppa you?” despite that I were keeping my eyes on the buildings around in search for a police station I was still intensely listening to the conversation. I was truly curious to what Hoya was going to answer. “Mhm, eleven, then I can start my own soccer team.” He stated and it really sounded like he was serious, god, poor woman. “Eleven, are you for real?” I had stopped and was now staring at him. He had to be kidding; there was no way anyone would agree on giving birth to eleven kids.

“What, I’m in good shape.” My cheeks heated. “Yah, that’s beyond the point, I have a hard time believing that you are the one giving birth to those eleven kids.” I stated, totally forgetting the kid that was sitting on Hoya’s shoulders. “I guess I’ll have to convince her then.” My stomach fluttered when he showed of that playboy smirk of his as he winked. I shook my head at him before I began to walk again. “I’m going to feel sorry for your wife.” I muttered with underlying pain in my voice when I remembered about the move to Germany.

“She should feel honored.” He chuckled and I had to bit my lip in order to suppress the words that threatened to slip from my lips. “Okay, just stop talking about that now. You have a child on your shoulders that shouldn’t hear your dirty thoughts.” I pointed out to him and he gave the girl a heartwarming smile. “So have you found a police station yet?” I sighed at his stupid question, if I found one I would’ve told him by now and I explained that to him.

“Unnie, there.” I looked in the direction of where the girl was pointing; indeed it was a police station just in front of us. We headed inside; it was completely empty except for a few police officers that were sitting in front of their desks. After that Hoya had let the girl down onto the floor the three of us walked up to the main desk. The officer immediately took notice of us and asked what he could help with.

“The little girl here lost track of her mother.” The man looked at the girl before staring in-between Hoya and me. “Okay, could you tell me her name.” he brought out a paper and a pen as he waited for us to answer. I had no idea of what her name was. “Could you tell the police officer what your name is?” I had bent down to her level just to show her that it was okay. “Park Ari.” The little girl just got herself a name.

“How old are you Ari?” I asked her after that the officer had spoken. She showed four fingers and I smiled as I straightened my back and told the man that she was four years old. “Okay, you may sit down.” He pointed with his hand towards a small couch in the corner of the station. “We can’t go?” I asked with a wondering expression. The girl was safe and secure, what more did they want?

“I’m sorry, but you have to wait here until her mother or father comes, for all we now you could be her real parents just dropping her off because you don’t want her.” I was shocked over what the man was saying. I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath; I needed to calm myself down. “Just sit down will you, how long can it take.” Hoya’s voice met my ears I fluttered my eyes open as I looked at him. With a pout I placed myself down on the minimal couch.

“I would never want a kid with you.” I murmured under my breath, not really expecting him to hear it. “Yah, what the hell is wrong with having a kid with me?” he retorted back and I blinked my eyes as I tried to come up with something to say, “Because it would be the ugliest baby ever.” I pointed out as I stuck my tongue at towards him. “Give me nine months and I’ll prove you wrong.” Wow, he would probably win the Olympics for worst pick-up line with that one.

“Yah, if you even much as move an inch you can kiss those eleven kids goodbye.” I threatened and I felt somewhat relieved when Ari jumped up and placed herself in Hoya’s lap. “Unnie, oppa is not ugly.” Ari cutely blinked her eyes in confusion. “See, I’m not ugly.” Hoya joined in as I scoffed at him. No, you’re not ugly. To me, you’re the most handsome person on earth, but I can’t tell you that.

“Unnie you have to promise to give oppa eleven kids.” Ari spoke innocently and my mouth fell open. Hadn’t I precisely said that I absolutely did not want to have any kids with him? I could feel Hoya’s stare lingering on my face and I groaned in my mind. Ari was a child; of course she didn’t understand how you ‘made’ a child, something that Hoya knew and yet he just kept his mouth sealed.

“I promise.” I have no idea of why that slipped off my lips because it surely felt embarrassing to have promised something like that. But then again, she didn’t know about the intimacy needed. She probably just thought that someone knocked on the door when one wanted a baby. “Ari, could you please talk about something else than babies.” I stated without looking at her because then I would probably find myself staring at Hoya, something I didn’t want to do right now, not after I’d promised her that I would give Hoya his eleven kids. I sighed in relief when she started to ruffle Hoya’s hair into a complete mess. At least she stopped with the awkward questions.

The clock ticked on and I was starting to get restless. Ari had already fallen asleep a long time ago and so had Hoya. My gaze wandered over to the window and the now lit streetlamps outside. Why wasn’t anyone coming to pick Ari up, someone must miss her already. Several hours have already passed by.

I stood up before heading towards the desk were the officer was seated at. “Have no one called yet?” he shook his head at me question and I re-joined Hoya and Ari in the couch. I let my head fall against Hoya’s shoulder before I closed my eyes. Sleep usually made time go faster.

Indeed, once my eyes fluttered open again it was because I heard a loud shout coming from inside the room. Startled I sat up and tiredly looked around. A woman was practically running in our direction before she picked Ari up and embraced the little girl. I smiled at the scene of mother and daughter. I wonder if my mother had been like that as well when I decided to run away. “Thank you so much for helping Ari.” The mother bowed to Hoya and me. I watched Hoya give Ari a pat over the head before we said goodbye.

The day was soon over and mostly of the shops was already closed so there was nothing we could do but to head home. Hesitantly I asked him if he could walk me home. The day hadn’t turned out exactly as I wanted to and I hadn’t had any time to actually spend time or talk to him at all. He replied with a simple okay and the two of us was soon walking next to each other towards my house.

“I’m really anticipating those eleven kids that you promised to give me.” He winked and I gave him a look of disgust. “She’s a child, do you seriously think she knows where babies come from.” I told him, my heart was beating so fast right now. Though I didn’t know if it had anything to do with all the baby talk or if it was because of that I would leave tomorrow.

Silence filled the air between the two of us and I sulked when I spotted my house coming into view. I don’t even have anything to give to him. I stared down on my necklace that my mother had given me the day I was born. It was in the shape of a heart. In haste and without him seeing I undid the lock that kept it from falling before I curled it up in my hand. I let it slid down his pocket the next time he looked away.

Now my heart will always be with you.

~~

This is NOT the end