Twentyeight Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

It didn’t take long before I felt my body landing against the bottom of the pool, my eyes were still closed and I had stopped flailing with my arms a long time ago. What was the use of doing it when I couldn’t get above the waterline? Though I was starting to swallow the water in a desperate attempt to breath, something that was getting harder each passing second and it didn’t take long before my chest was hurting.

I didn’t even flutter my eyes open after feeling something tug on my wrist and causing my body to float towards the surface. I was scared over what I might see, an angel of death or something else. One thing was for sure though, all my air was as much as gone and my eyes rolled to the back of my head as my body went limp.

The white light everyone that have had a near death experience talked about, it was actually true, I could see it there in the far distance. It was luring me, but at the same time something was pulling me back. At some points the light became stronger only to turn dark almost instantly. That’s how it continued for a short while before the light completely vanished and my eyes shot open as I took a deep breath, my chest rising to its maximum before I breathed out.

My eyes were fixed on the pair right above me as I was recalling my breath back to normal. Something that I found rather hard, not only because of what just happened, but also because Hoya was the one who’d helped me up. It weren’t until now the fear crept into me and I hastily sat up before I crawled backwards, away from the water. Panic rose within me when I finally understood what had happened. How close it was that I drowned.

“Noona.” My blurry eyes wander over to Sungjong, the boy was slowly heading my way before he crutched down and wrapped his arms around me. For the first time in front of them, I let my tears fall. Droplets of the liquid I hated so much rolled down my cheeks. Sungjong didn’t say anything, not that I know what he should’ve said for that matter, still, just the fact that he was comforting me was more than enough for me.

After a short amount of time I raised my head so that I could look at Hoya, his gaze met mine, but instead of breaking free from it, I kept it there. No words would do justice over how grateful I was to him. He had after all saved me from drowning.

“Noona, you need to change out of those clothes or else you’re going to get sick.” I heard Sungjong telling me, though there was this small problem. I hadn’t brought any clothes with me since I didn’t really expect to be thrown into the water. So I had no spare clothes to change into. “I didn’t bring any clothes with me.” I whispered and the younger boy frowned before he turned towards his hyungs.

“Doram don’t have any clothes.” Sungjong blurted out and before I knew it Hoya had grabbed my wrist and pulled me up on my feet’s. I stared back at Sungjong when Hoya started to drag me along, I didn’t know what that boy had in mind. The two of us stopped just outside the men’s changing room, he told me to wait before he entered. I stared down on my soaking wet uniform and gaped when I noticed that you could see my bra through the shirt. I blushed like mad as I shielded my chest with my hands. I wonder if Sungjong told them or if they saw that I weren’t coming up. Either how, I weren’t going to think about that anymore. I didn’t want to scare myself more than I already was.

My head snapped in the direction of the door when it opened, immediately I stared down on his hands. There was a dark blue towel, a pair of sweats, a shirt, socks and then underwear. My eyes widened in horror as I stared at the underwear. “Yah don’t look so horrified, they are clean.” Hoya stated and I blinked my eyes as I looked at him. “But it’s men’s underwear.” I pouted. His clothes were fine, but underwear, not really. “What, do you think I go around with women’s underwear in my bag?” he questioned with a raised eyebrow. “Yes?” he gave me this look, as if he thought I was speaking some foreign language before he wondered why I would think that.

“I don’t know, maybe you like cross-dressing.” A smile lit up on my face. He flicked my forehead and told me to go and change before I actually got sick. “And if I don’t want to?” I stuck my tongue out at him after speaking. “Then I’ll help you.” that playboy smirk of his plastered itself upon his lips as he took a step forward. Instinctively I took a step backwards as a wave of pain hit me over the chest. I had to remind myself that this was just a game for him.

I headed off and entered the women’s changing room. After placing all the things down on a bench I stripped myself out of my dripping wet high school uniform. I had to squeeze out the water with my hands. Ah crap, I had nothing to keep these things in. I couldn’t just dump them down in my bag or everything else inside would be destroyed. I stared around the room in search for a plastic bag, something that took a minute or two before I found one. So after dumping my clothes in it I went over to wash myself off, so that I could get at least some of the chlorine away. Once done with that I dried myself with the towel Hoya let me borrow.

Then we had the actually clothes. I think I spent at least five minutes just staring at his underwear, this was so not right. How could he even let me borrow it in the first place, shouldn’t that be kind of private. I know that if it was the other way around, I wouldn’t let him borrow a pair of my underwear, not that I think he would use them, but still.

Hesitantly and with my eyes clothes I slipped them on, they were rather large, but despite that they felt comfortable. My pulse and my heart beats rose when I remembered that it was Hoya’s underwear that I was wearing and not my own. I shook those images out of my mind and instead continued to dress myself before I grabbed the plastic bag and shoved it down in my bag. I took a quick glance in the mirror and then exited.

All five of them were standing outside waiting. I avoided Hoya’s gaze as much as possible due to the fact that I were embarrassed. Instead I looked at Woohyun and Sung Yeol before heading over to them. “Doram, we’re sorry, we didn’t know you couldn’t swim.” The both of them had their heads lowered as they spoke. I breathed out a sigh before punching the two of them in the stomach. “Now we’re even.” I shot them a smile of satisfaction as I then walked over to Sungjong and the other two.

“Well, I need to go.” MyungSoo declared and bid a hasty goodbye before walking off. I stared after him with a worried expression. Was something wrong with him? I tilted my head in confusion and when he was out of reach I turned my attention to Sungjong, since he was the one closest to MyungSoo he might know if something was up. “Is something wrong with him?” Sungjong gave me a look of uncertainty and I understood soon that he didn’t know either.

“Noona I have to go too.” Huh, why is everyone suddenly leaving? I mouthed to him that I wanted him to stay or more like I pleaded to him since I didn’t want to be left alone with Hoya. “I really have to go.” He was chewing on his bottom lip as he spoke and I gave him a pout. “I’ll see you around, bye noona, bye hyung.” He bid goodbye to the two of us before disappearing in the same direction as MyungSoo.

I coughed awkwardly and turned to stare at Woohyun and Sung Yeol, the only problem was that they too had vanished. Great, I’m left alone with Hoya. “Well, I should go too.” I gave him a weak, utterly awkward smile before I turned my back at him, eagerly wanting to get out of this situation. I came to an immediate stop when I felt his hand grasp my wrist. Does he even know what he’s doing to me?

“Are you sure you’re okay? You know, you should really not be alone since the shock usually comes several hours later.” I spun around to face him. How did he know so much about this? “I’m going home, not clubbing.” I told him, I knew about the whole shock ordeal, I’ve been through that already. “So is anyone there?” crap, I forgot that Soo Ni and her mother would be out of town this weekend as well. Apparently someone in their family was celebrating his or her birthday. “Yes.” I lied and I at it so he noticed it straight away.

Though before he got the chance to say something I darted off, I ran towards the exit with him shouting after me to stop. Forget that. I slung the door open and stepped outside, the chilly air met my bare arms as I stared around me, trying to take in the complete new scenery. I started to panic when I couldn’t find the way that leads to my house. I took a quick, hasty glance behind me, only to notice that he was closing in.

I took a step forward and then another one and just as I were about to take one more I stumbled on the legs of the sweats I was wearing. Since it was Hoya’s the legs were a bit too long and were scraping against the ground. I fell forward and scrapped my knees against the hard asphalt. I breathed out a yelp as I cursed in my mind. This was like a replay of when I fell one and a half month ago. Only that time it was MyungSoo and not Hoya.

“You okay?” Hoya had appeared right next to me and I rolled my eyes at him before I pulled up the legs of his pants over my knees to see how much damage they got. “Does this answer your question?” I wondered as I stared at my once again bleeding knees. I changed my focus to the part of the pants were I landed on; it was two huge holes on each of the legs.

“Here, take my hand.” Hoya extended his right hand for me to take, but I insisted in wanting to get up on my own and gently pushed it away. Well, I actually managed to stand up on my own. But then the next question came, could I walk? I took a step forward and I was still standing. I cheered in my mind and took another step forward. Just like the previous step I was still standing on my own two feet’s.

I turned to face Hoya as I stuck my tongue out at him. He gave me a frown and I bid a hasty goodbye before walking away once again. But just as I were about to take my fifth or was it my fourth step, my legs gave away and I tumbled down onto the hard surface. “You truly are stubborn.” Hoya was snickering and I shot him an angry look.

“Just get on.” He crutched down with his back facing me as he motioned for me to get on his back. My heart told me to just go for it, but my conscious told me another story. Though, just like my father I always fallowed what my heart told me. I’d suffered from doing so many times, still, that was also something my mother always told me, that I should fallow my heart.

My heart was drumming fast as I wrapped my arms around his neck and gently placed my head against his broad shoulders. Carefully I snuggled my face into his neck as I breathed in his scent. I smiled like a fool as he headed up the small hill. The warmth from his body and the slowly rocking back and forward caused me to fall asleep.