Fifth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

I hesitantly made my way over to the entrance of the club as anger rose within me. Was Seo Won trying to be funny, tricking me into coming here. I let out a loud groan as the line swept along the wall. I’d never been here before so of course I couldn’t just slide past everyone, especially not if I wanted to be shot down. A shiver of fear ran down my spine as I glared at the people around, wondering who would be caring guns, all of them?

Honestly I didn’t want to know. I was more than freaked out already just by being here. A loud honk could be heard and I jumped startled at the sudden sound before snapping my head around. A really old piece of junk came down the street before coming to a stop just outside the entrance. People around me began to clap their hands and cheer.

Carefully I tilted my head in the direction of the car and saw a few boys getting out, all of them wearing street style clothes. Suddenly I felt really out of place, everyone around me was wearing the same attire, street clothes. And here I was in my most expensive dress in the most criminalized and poor part of Seoul, great, just great. I watched as the boys stepping out of the car slipped past everyone else and entered the club. Anger flared inside of me. I should get in too; I have more money than all of these people.

I stumbled forwards when an elbow crashed into my back. Once I remained my composure I hastily turned around to glare at the person. A girl with really cheap and ugly clothes was staring down at me while chewing a gum. My right hand curled into a fist as I were about to punch her, how dare she touch me.

But all those thoughts left me when a few girls stepped up beside the other one and cracked their knuckles. I would be able to handle one or two girls, but not four. “Haha, do you think this is some formal prom.” One of the girls began to laugh and the others soon fallowed as well. “At least I know how to dress myself.” I smirked while inspecting their clothing a bit closer. It looked truly horrible, and totally mish matched with the colors. “Don’t think you should tryout to work as stylists, you’ll be fired right away.” I scoffed and their faces fell.

Mess with me and I mess with you.

After that small disturbance I turned my focus onto the never-ending stupid line. Why the hell was it taking such a long time? I reached down for my cell phone but stopped when I remembered where I was. They would probably steal it if I brought it out. I took a deep breath before letting the air sip out through my nose in annoyance.

I couldn’t take it anymore and pushed myself past, people began to yell at me, but I didn’t care. I was too angry to even do so. I would strangle Seo Won right away once I got inside. Finally, I reached the bodyguard who scanned his eyes over my body before smirking. Damn ert. “Are you going to let me in or what?” I snarled; I was getting all too tired of this. Luckily he lessened the rope and let me pass. My mood went up an inch or two as I entered.

Hip-hop music boomed in my ears as I began my outlook for that little of mine. Obviously there was no V.I.P area in this club. Duh, no one would be able to afford it stupid. I let out a low laugh at my own joke. Lame, maybe, but it was still true.

After scanning the whole club and with that I truly mean it. I even went into the men’s bathroom, you never know with Seo Won. She doesn’t care where she does ‘it’. Well it was her life so what right had I to object. Friends; yes, still I couldn’t always look out for her, it’s not like I’m her mother or something. I stomped my feet’s childishly against the hard floor. Where the hell could she be?

I fished out my phone from my bag, something that I shouldn’t have done because in the next second someone barged into me and I dropped it. I let out a loud yelp, a yelp that was overshadowed by that music playing in those speakers. I bended down and searched with my hands after it, not the smartest move when people are walking around with high heels and almost crushing my hands.

My eyes widened when I saw how a guy bended down and picked it up. I straightened myself and were about to walk up to him when I noticed how he slid it down into his pocket. “YAH.” I yelled on top of my lungs but nothing happened, no one turned around to stare and ask what was wrong. Either no one cared or no one heard. With this ear deafening music, it was probably the latter one.

The unknown boy made his way over to the stage in the middle of the dance floor before he and some other guys jumped up on it. The music stopped and everyone turned their attention towards the stage itself.

I immediately recognized some of them from outside; the boy who’d picked up my cell phone had also stepped out of that car just moments earlier. So he was a dancer. Well, it wasn’t like I cared, I only wanted my phone back so I could call Seo Won and then kill her. Though, if my phone falls out of his pocket and get even the tiniest scratch then it’s him I’m going to slaughter. You do not destroy something that’s mine.

My gaze was pierced on him. How he moved over the stage with such ease that it made me slightly surprised. I didn’t know low class people could dance that well. To be honest, he was much better of a dancer than Yonghyun. Well, Yonghyun weren’t too fond of dancing. Something that was rather disturbing, especially since I loved it. It was probably the one and only thing that could make me think of something else.

I pressed myself towards the stage once the light turned off and I squinted my eyes slightly to see where they headed off to. Apparently they all headed towards the exit, but not the one were the entrance was. I half ran after them. That boy was not going to take my phone. My eyes began to hurt like hell once stepped out into an alley behind the club. Going from pitch black to total brightness was painful.

“Oh, what do we have here?” I snapped my head in the direction of the voice and came face to face with not only one boy, but seven. My eyes slightly widened at them. Crap, I thought some of them already left. I bit my lip hard as I began to scan their clothes and faces in search of the boy. “Guys, she’s checking us out.” that annoying voice once again entered my ears and I narrowed my eyes at him. “Yah, are you sure you’re Korean, you look like you’ve been shipped here from Africa.” I scoffed at the boy who’d uttered those two sentences just seconds ago. A boom of ‘oh’s’ echoed in my ear as I returned to find the phone thief.

I was on the sixth one when I noticed those half baggy jeans, zip-up hoodie and that messy hair. It was him. “You –.” I pointed at him with a stern look, my eyes piercing themselves into his as I walked up to him. “My phone, you stole it.” I uttered without any signs of fear or stutter in my tone. “How do you know I stole it?” he questioned with a raised eyebrow.

“Because I saw you and you know what, just because you’re poor and can’t afford that kind of phone, it doesn’t mean you can go around and steal other peoples.” I pointed out to him and I saw how his facial features hardened. “Girly, you went too far now.” I heard someone to my left speak, though my eyes never left the boy standing in front of me. He was hurt by my words, good. I smirked at him as I reached out my hand, indicating that I wanted my phone back.

I let out a sigh of relief when his hand reached down into his jeans pocket and fished up my phone, but just as I were about to grab it he yanked it away. “Are you trying to be funny, give me the phone.” I raised my voice slightly as I narrowed my eyes at him. He looked really amused by my sudden outburst and as I were about to reach out and take it for the second time he stretched his arm over his head, the phone out of reach for me to grab.

“It’s not like you can’t buy a new one or do you have something embarrassing on it or what?” he was the one laughing now, “n-no.” Crap, I stuttered. My gaze left his and I let it wander around on the other boys. They were all showing some sort of amused face. One was smiling like he’d won one million dollar on the lotto, while some of the others were smirking like no tomorrow. Sighing I shifted my head and eyes back to the thief.

“Can I just get my phone.” I began to jump in order to be able to reach it, stupid choice of mine because with high heels on the landing was rather unsteady and I found myself stumbling into the chest of the boy in front of me. I groaned in pain, what the hell, his chest was hard as a ing rock. In haste I pulled back.

“Yah, are you made out of stone or what, you’re chest is hard as a rock.” I roared at him angry. This was really getting to me. How annoying he – they were. “Work out baby.” He winked at me and I made a sound of wanting to throw up, something that he didn’t seem to appreciate too much.

“Okay, this is getting really annoying, can’t I just get my phone.” my voice was lower, more calm this time, I was thinking that if I showed them my more mature and understandable side then maybe, maybe he would give it back to me. “Shouldn’t I get something in return for actually picking it up?” he questioned and I let out a sigh of irritation.

“How much money do you want?” I were about to zip open my bag to get out the money. He could take all of it if he so wanted to. I didn’t care as long as I got my phone back. “You can’t buy everything with money.” I stopped in my action to stare up on him. Is he kidding or what, you can buy everything and everyone if you so want to. Groaning I let my bag fall back into its original place before I asked him what he wanted, if it wasn’t money then what?

I watched how he slightly turned his head away from me, as if he was thinking about something, before he let his eyes meet mine again. A smirk was playing on his lips and I knew by the feeling in the pit of my stomach that it couldn’t be something good. And I was completely right.

“I want a kiss, on the lips.” His smirk grew even wider, if possible and I could hear how the boys began to cheer behind me. Was he stupid or something, does he think I would kiss someone I’ve precisely met. Never, never in my life would I do that. “No, I’m not doing it.” I stated with confidence. Though all that flooded out of me in an instance when he let the phone slid back down into his pocket before he began to walk away. Baffled I watched how he headed down the alley. My hands clutched into fists as I shut my eyes close and shouted for him to wait.

Once I opened my eyes again he had indeed stopped a few meters away from me and the rest of the boys. Slowly I walked up to him, his gaze meeting mine as I leaned forward and hastily brushed my lips against his before I pulled back and asked him for my phone. I’d kissed him now. “That’s not a kiss, this is.” Before I got the chance to question him I felt a soft pair of lips crashing into mine and my eyes widened in pure surprise and fear.

My hands flew up to his chest and I began to hit and try to push him away. Instead of letting go he smiled into the kiss as he deepened it. Seconds past by and I limply played along, my hands falling back into their original position. Once he pulled away I immediately reached down and grabbed my phone from his pocket before I walked off.

“Hoya, you lucky bastard.” That was the last thing I heard before turning the corner as I headed for my car. So the boy who stole my phone, the one who stole a kiss from me finally got himself a name; Hoya. I slipped inside my car and drove off, one thing was definitely for sure, I would never take a step inside this part of Seoul again, never.

~~

Keke, my favorite chapter so far ;P Uh, I can't believe what's happened today, the earthquake and then the tsunami causing problems all over the world. I guess I should be lucky that none of those things occur in Sweden. Well, earthquakes do, but not that fatal.