Fourteenth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

I slung my arms around Yonghyun’s neck before I planted a kiss on his lips. I missed being around him like this. And it surely didn’t help that I lived in the only place where Yonghyun would never set a foot inside. But it wasn’t like I had any options. “Where do you want to go?” he asked after that I’d withdraw myself from him.

Honestly, I didn’t know where I wanted to go, just somewhere. It didn’t really matter as long as Hoya or any of them weren’t around. But I couldn’t say that to Yonghyun, he would probably wonder whether I was cheating on him, “the mall?” I asked, I weren’t sure if he would agree on it or not. I don’t know why I felt so awkward around him all of a sudden.

“Okay.” And with that we headed down the street and towards the mall. I already knew I weren’t going to be able to buy any clothes or anything at all for that matter. Still it was better than not doing anything. “So, how’s school?” I was a bit taken aback by his question, mainly because he weren’t much of a small talker. He usually wanted to get down to business straight away.

“I guess its okay.” I tried to sound as normal as possible, I didn’t want to give myself away, especially since I didn’t want him to ask any more questions about Goyang or the students for that matter. I shivered upon the thought of him knowing about Hoya and the rest of them. But would Yonghyun even do anything if I told him that two other guys had kissed me?

After brushing that matter away I asked him how he was doing. He said that everything was fine and that there was nothing to worry about. I gave him a nod in acknowledge before we entered the mega mall. I absolutely loved this place because they truly had everything you could possibly want. And the best was that it was far from east Seoul and Hoya.

“Do you want to get something to eat first?” I smiled and nodded at the same time, I were really hungry. I hadn’t eaten anything in school, mainly because the food didn’t look that eatable. To be honest, it looked disgusting.

So after getting a set of sushi the two of us sat down and I eagerly put a piece inside my mouth, I smiled in delight as I chewed. There was a time not long ago where I practically ate sushi at least twice a week, sometimes even more, but that was before all of this happened. Now I should be happy if I even got something to eat.

Just as I was going to ask him a question I heard how his cell phone rang and he weren’t late to take the incoming call. I sighed, couldn’t he just turn that stupid thing off when he was with me. Seriously his parents must understand that he might want some free time once in a while. Just like the last time he walked away as he answered. I didn’t even bother trying to listen to what he was talking about because I practically knew that it was his father wanting him home so he could either study or help him out.

I continued eating as I waited for Yonghyun to end the call, something that took a little longer than I’d expected and I found myself glancing out on the passersby. I turned away in haste when I saw the devil passing by together with Sung Yeol and that other guy from our class. I groaned in my head, what the hell were they doing here? And here I thought I would be able to get away from them, but not even that worked out.

“I have to go.” I jumped a bit in my chair as I looked up, Yonghyun had returned from his call and I stared down on the table, frustrated once again over that he had to go. It was like Yonghyun didn’t even care whether he had to go or not either, something that made me even angrier. “Do you even want to be my boyfriend?” I stated as I gazed up on him.

“Why would you think I wouldn’t?” he somewhat snapped back at me and I got a bit surprised by his sudden change in tone. “If you do, then say that you love Me.” that would be the optimal if you actually loved someone. Seconds past by and there were no words escaping Yonghyun’s lips and somehow it didn’t hurt me as much as I thought it would. Maybe he didn’t love me at all as I thought he would.

“I really need to go, can we take this some other time?” he gave me a featherless kiss on the cheek before he walked off, leaving me there thinking about what was wrong with him, and why he was acting stranger and stranger each time we would meet. What if Hoya was right, what if Yonghyun really were cheating on me and I just didn’t want to see it?

“Look who we got here.” My head snapped upwards as I heard how chairs scrapped against the floor, I cursed in my mind as I saw Hoya, Sung Yeol and that other guy placing themselves down. “Sushi, can you even afford that or did your boyfriend have to buy it.” Hoya smirked at me and for once, his words entered one ear and slipped out through the other. I can’t let myself get affected by him each and every time he does this.

I heaved a sigh as I grabbed my school bag and slung it over my shoulder before I stood up and left, I truly didn’t want to be around them, because they only made everything worse. Every time he would point out that I was poor I wanted to punch him. Seriously, wasn’t he taking this a bit too far?

My knees ached every time I sat down my feet’s. Three days had already past, shouldn’t it start healing soon so I could get this stupid plasters away. I rounded a corner and headed down towards the exit. Or more like, that was what I was doing until I felt something warm grabbing my wrist and I looked to my side. “What do you want?” I snarled at the boy in front of me, I didn’t have time for his games.

But Hoya didn’t answer my question and instead tugged on my wrist. I started to panic when he pulled me along with him. I parted my lips to scream but nothing escaped, I couldn’t even bring myself to try and get free from his grasp. Instead I simply let myself being dragged away.

We turned a corner before he suddenly opened a door and pushed me inside. My eyes slightly widened at the scene, it was one of those emergency exit aisles that could be found at a few places in the mall. I jumped a bit startled when the door harshly shut behind and I turned around so that I was facing Hoya.

“What do you want?” I snarled at him as I took a step back, something he compensated with taking a step forward. I let my bag slid of my shoulder as I grabbed it with my hand, it would probably come in handy if he tried anything. “Why are you so ing scared around me?” his eyes flashed and I gulped down on my saliva. He wouldn't hurt me, right?

“I have my reasons.” My voice was vague and my gaze nervously shifted around, it danced in-between the stone walls surrounding us before it returned back to Hoya. “I don’t know what you’re afraid of, but I would never hurt a girl.” He stated and it actually sounded as if he was telling me the truth. Still, how could I believe him after everything he’d done? He might not have hurt me physically but mentally, with all those words and then that kiss.

“I don’t believe you.” my gaze met his and to be honest, he looked a bit surprised. As if he weren’t expecting that. “Then who would you believe, Yonghyun? Did he even ask you about what happened to your knees?” his voice was loud and kind if similar to MyungSoo’s voice earlier today. I looked down, away from his piercing gaze. Indeed, Yonghyun hadn’t asked about what had happened.