Sixth Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

I hit Seo Won over the arm before I began to question her where the hell she was yesterday. She didn’t turn up at that club, at least not what I saw. “Sorry, I forgot.” She spoke with her cute, slight annoying voice as she begged for forgiveness. How could she forget something like that, she loved clubbing as much as I did.

“Yah, do you know what happen just because you weren’t there?” I angrily glared at her, more playfully angry but I groaned when I remembered the kiss. If I ever were to see him again, I was sure going to make him suffer. “Huh, did something happen?” she looked at me with curiosity glistering in her eyes. I rolled my eyes and then parted my lips to speak. “I kissed someone.” I murmured out low, far too low for her to possible hear.

God, I was so embarrassed over what had happened. I’d kissed a guy who’s poor and – I shivered in disgust and shook my head to get those thoughts and images away.

“Could you take that again.” she stared at me, her brown orbs piercing into mine and I felt myself tense as I let out a sigh. “I kissed someone.” I muttered a little louder, and by the shocked face she gave me I understood that she’d finally got it. “What, who?” she nearly screamed and I grabbed her shoulders and told her to shut it. I didn’t want the whole school to know about it.

I told her, I explained exactly everything that had occurred. What happened when I was standing in line, when I dropped my phone and them him, he who stole it, he who kissed me. My heartbeats began to rise the more I thought about it, so frustrating.

The bell rang in the distance, the lunch was over and it was time for everyone to head back to the classrooms. With a last glance on Seo Won I told her that she had to keep it a secret, especially from Yonghyun. I didn’t want him to know about it. Maybe because I didn’t want to make him uncomfortable and worried, it was simply just an accident that only happened once. And it was going to stay like that. I was never going to kiss someone else but Yonghyun. I cracked a smile when I saw how Seo Won zipped and then threw away the imaginary key.

We slipped back into our classrooms and I tried to focus on the lesson. But it was rather hard when that stupid boy showed up before my eyes all the time. It was as if someone had taped a picture of him in front of me so that I wouldn’t be able to look away.

“ing playboy.” I muttered out, maybe too loud because everyone turned to stare at me, even the teacher who sent me a look of dislike. I was not his favorite student and this surely didn’t make me climb any higher on his popularity list. “Doram ah, do you have anything important to share with the class?” the teacher asked and I shook my head before burying my head into my palms.

If I ever were to get my hands on him; Hoya or one of his friends I were truly going to kill him – them. He’s driving me insane, why the hell did he have to do that. Was that truly the only way for him to get a kiss or what? It wasn’t like he was ugly or something. What, what the hell am I saying. I slightly hit my head. This is really getting to me.

My head yanked backwards when I felt something press against my cheek. I yelped when my back harshly hit the back of the chair before I looked up. It was Yonghyun and no one else. “Is something wrong?” he asked as he titled his head to the side confused. “N-no, nothing’s wrong, just a lot on my mind.” I weakly smiled at him as I composed myself into my usual self, calm, relaxed and composed. I couldn’t show any trace of weakness.

“Okay, do you want to do something after school?” he asked and it was now my time to be confused, he usually never had time to do anything on schooldays. He would always spend that time studying or going to the gym. “Yeh, sure.” I showed him my eye smile before I felt his lips pressing against mine. My eyes widened and I pushed him back. The images of yesterday flooded back and I bit my lip at the look Yonghyun gave me. I don’t know why that incident was getting to me that much, maybe because he – Hoya was the only boy besides Yonghyun that I’d ever kissed.

My gaze wandered away from Yonghyun’s as I stared out the window and up on the clear blue sky. My dad entered my thoughts. I wondered when he would come home, hopefully as soon as possible.

The next class began and Yonghyun returned to his seat, though without giving me a kiss or the slightest see you later. To be honest, as some points in our relationship I wondered whatever he even liked me or not. But then again, he’d never uttered those three words, well I haven’t either. Did I even love him? Of course I did, didn’t I?

I was harshly brought out of my thoughts when something hard snapped against my bench and I jumped startled at the sudden sounds that meet my ears. “Pay attention.” I glanced upwards and meet eyes with the math teacher. I was definitely not a perfect student, but then again, even the perfectness of something has its flaws. I think.

Tired I focused on the ongoing class, wanting this school day to just end so that I could spend some time with Yonghyun, something that I hadn’t done in a couple of days, almost a week. Once the class finally ended I packed down all my things in my bag before I walked up to Yonghyun, he too was stuffing his things down in his bag.

“Where do you want to go?” I hadn’t really thought about where I wanted to go, but since it was summer an ice cream would do pretty good. “Can we go to the ice cream place?” I wondered, the two of us had this special place where we always used to buy our ice cream, mainly because they had the best tasting one. “Sure.” I had to bit my lip in order to not let out a huge smile. I didn’t want to look pathetic.

My hand slid into his and we headed out from the classroom and down the hallway. I’d already texted Seo Won, telling her that I couldn’t go clubbing with her today due to the fact that I was going to be with Yonghyun. She’d only replied with an okay, I guess she thought that I would come with her today, especially since yesterday’s misfortune.

I smile up at him, but that smile faded slightly when I saw his troubled face. Was something bothering him? Hesitantly I asked him if there was anything on his mind, but instead of telling me he only shook his head as he told me that everything was fine. Okay then. If he didn’t want to think about then it was alright with me.

Still, I couldn’t hide that something was troubling me, but it wasn’t Hoya, it was Yonghyun. Though, I couldn’t put my finger on what it was.