Twentyseventh Chapter

A Twisted Fairytale

Life had turned completely pointless. Hoya hadn’t arrived to school any day this week and nothing pointed at that he would come today either. These past days had gone past so slowly that it felt as if everything was against me. Yonghyun wouldn’t pick up my calls. Seo Won would always come with the excuse that she was busy. Maybe they thought I’d dumped them for my new friends, still they should know that I care as much about them.

Soo Ni was as usual a pain in the , always going on that this place and that she wanted to move back to the old house. I would’ve totally understood her two months ago, but now no. For me, that kind of lifestyle weren’t what was most important to me. It was those around me, like Hoya and Sungjong.

Tiredly I stared at the clock hanging right next to the door; it was less than five minutes until the first class today would start. At least it was Friday and that meant no school, still it meant being home with Soo Ni and that witch. Seconds ticked on and students began to scramble inside. I stared to my side before looking at the two benches behind me. None of those three was present. Wouldn’t Woohyun and Sung Yeol come either? Awesome, this week only seems to get worse.

I let my head fall against the desk after that I’d placed a book in front of me, just like Hoya had done before I closed my eyes, drifting off to slumber land. I didn’t care if I would be caught sleeping. There were things far worse than that right now.

My dream was, just like the past days invaded by Hoya, Hoya and Hoya. He was on my mind constantly, awake or sleeping. It was only him. Yonghyun, I had pretty quickly come to understand that he was no longer present in my heart. Hoya was the only person I could think of ever loving. No one had ever had this kind of effect on me. And to think that he was nothing like the guys I tend to like. He wasn’t rich, he didn’t come from a respected wealthy family nor did he have the best grades or the sweetest personality.

But.

When he did show his better part of his personality, how much he actually cared for the persons that he held dearly. That breathtaking smile that made my heart flutter in delight, those eyes that captured mine. When he showed all that sweetness that actually could be found under that layer of hardness. Then nothing else mattered, because if you love someone so much, then you can look past their flaws.

Drowsily I fluttered my eyes open after hearing my name being called far far away. I didn’t know if I was dreaming or not because Hoya was actually sitting there. He was seated just a meter away. I didn’t dare to close my eyes again in case it was all a dream and that he would disappear if I did. But it soon came up to me that it was no dream, it was reality.

Hoya had returned to school, finally. Still that didn’t mean I weren’t curious of what he had been up to these past couple of days. Something must’ve happened. Or were I the simple statement of what was wrong. Had I been the one to make him that furious the other day? “Why didn’t you come to school?” I found myself asking that despite that I’d told myself to keep shut, but my mouth didn’t seem to want to co-operate with that decision.

My heart did that flip thing when he turned to look at me, his lively eyes looked tired and worn out and that tore right down in my chest. What had he been up to that caused one to look like that? But by the stare he gave me, I decided to not ask any further questions and instead turned my attention to the blabbering teacher in front.

Once in a while I would take a quick glance at him. But those few milliseconds soon turned into several of seconds. I couldn’t tear my gaze away from him and it bothered me, a lot. A sigh echoed in my head when I heard the oh so familiar voices of Woohyun and Sung Yeol from behind. Though they didn’t say much because they knew that I had more things in store if they spilled anything.

Lunch arrived sooner than I’d expected. Maybe it had something to do with that I’d been sleeping. Time usually travels faster then. I saw Hoya spilling out of the room fallowed by the two erts, though as the latter ones was at the door they turned to look at me, telling me to come as well. Hesitantly I fallowed after them to the cafeteria where MyungSoo and Sungjong already were seated.

My eyes travelled to Hoya, the boy was sitting next to MyungSoo on his right, while the seat on his left was available, though I had no intention to sit next to him and instead headed towards one of the two empty seats in-between MyungSoo and Sungjong. But before I got the chance to sit down Woohyun sneaked up behind and pushed me to the side. The result was that the two had taken the spots and I had to sit next to Hoya. Luckily Sungjong was on my other side.

Awkwardly I placed myself down, I tried to scoot myself closer towards Sungjong without the rest of them seeing it. But it didn’t work all too well. “So Doram, we are going to the swimming pool downtown after school so you are coming with us.” Woohyun suddenly declared and I chocked on the water I was drinking. Water, forget that I’m fallowing. “Sorry, I have other things I need to do.” I faked it, but they didn’t know about that.

“Noona, please come.” Sungjong begged; he was going all in with a pout and puppy eyes. My gaze fell when all those memories flooded back to me, my mother drowning in front of my eyes. I had to fight back my tears. When I looked up again Woohyun was staring at Hoya, the latter one not even noticing it before he looked at me. I didn’t understand at first, but it soon came up to me what he was trying to show when he grabbed his shirt before imaginary pulling it over his head as he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, such a ert. Slowly my gaze travelled from Woohyun to Hoya as I stared at his torso. Hastily I turned away, a blush creeping up on my cheeks. I seriously had to stop being around Woohyun and Sung Yeol, their erseness are starting to fill my head with inappropriate thoughts.

“Fine, but I’m not going to bathe.” I told them, only to earn disappointed looks from Woohyun and Sung Yeol. “But we wanted to see you in a bathing suit.” They fake cried and my mouth twitched ever so slightly. “If you want to check out girls then fine, but do not, I repeat do not look at me like that. It makes me feel uncomfortable.” You know those times when it feels like the other person is undressing you with his eyes, yeah exactly that was how I was feeling right now. “MyungSoo and Hoya you have to come too.” Woohyun added on, the two of them only showed slight interest to the whole idea of going swimming.

The bell rang in the distance and the six of us started our journeys back to our homerooms. This was going to be a long four hours. The first class went rather quickly, thought the second and third ones felt like they’d been going on for an eternity before they ended and the school day was finally over.

Since I didn’t know where that swimming pool was I decided to go together with Sungjong, the boy had already packed his trunks before leaving to school this morning. As we headed down the street Sungjong asked why I didn’t want to swim as well. There was a moment of uncertainty inside me, was I going to tell him or not. I settled with just saying that I couldn’t swim, I didn’t feel like brining all that up right now.

“Oh so you never learned to swim.” Sungjong seemed apologetic, as if it was his fault that I ‘couldn’t swim. To be honest, I didn’t know if I’d lost all those capabilities to swim or if they were still there, hidden under all that pain stored away. Either how, I weren’t going to swim so it didn’t matter.

After that we had parted our ways, as in Sungjong entering the men’s and I the woman’s I breathed out a deep sigh. I wondered how long this was going to continue. Did Hoya know or did he not know about my feelings for him, if, should I take this as in he’s rejecting me or what? And I if he doesn’t know, should I tell him?

I brushed that away for the time being and instead entered the lively pool area. I couldn’t find any of them there so I placed myself down on a bench, my back leaning against the stone wall behind as I stared out on all the people. Laughter’s and splashing water was filling the air as I breathed in the strong scent of chlorine.

“Noona.” I spun my head in the direction of Sungjong’s voice. His bare chest was still bluish and filled with the remains of torture. After him was the other four and I had to tell myself to not stare. I suddenly felt like Woohyun, like a ert. “Seems as if girly is liking what she sees.” It was official, Woohyun was going down. With a smirk on my lips I headed over to him. I didn’t know what was going on in his mind but I knew for a fact that he didn’t expect my next move. I pushed him into the water. Though, once I finally understood how close I’d gone to the water I headed back in the speed of light. My heart was pumping so fast that it felt like it was going to pop out any moment.

“Hyung, seems like you finally got what you deserved.” Sungjong laughed soon followed by Sung Yeol joining in, though MyungSoo and oHoya

Hoya kept shut, like usual. My gaze fixed itself on Hoya. He was the only one of them wearing a wife beater, though I didn’t know why and was most definitely not going to ask either. But I’d kept my gaze on Hoya too long because he caught me staring and I hastily turned away while coughing awkwardly.

It didn’t take many minutes before they all were in the water. They were acting like kids, even Hoya and MyungSoo who usually seemed so emotionless. But for once they showed their smiles and laughter’s. I don’t think it came up to me that I’d been staring at Hoya all the time before I actually thought about it, and how I every time he would look in my direction turned my head away, pretending to stare at something else. Only to then fix my gaze back when he looked somewhere else.

Time went by fast, faster than I’d first expected because I know I got surprised when I saw that the clock were a bit past 7PM already. Maybe it was about time to head home. I stood up before slowly walking closer; I didn’t want to scream at them that I was going home. I didn’t find that information that exciting for everyone to hear.

“Guys, I’m going home. I’m pretty tired.” I told them, I earned a pout from Sungjong whom I knew wanted me to stay longer. But this whole week had been long and bothersome and all I wanted to do right now was to sleep. I got a bit surprised when all of them headed out of the water just to say goodbye. MyungSoo gave me a smile and see you on Monday, while Sungjong brought me in for a hug. Something I didn’t appreciate as much as he did because he smeared all the water on my shirt.

Then we had Hoya. I couldn’t even find myself to look at him as I said a low, really awkward goodbye. He didn’t say much back, more like; he didn’t say anything at all. Once done with Hoya I moved over to the erts. The two of them were whispering about something, I couldn’t grasp what it was about though. But I understand soon enough when Woohyun grabbed my legs and Sung Yeol my arms before they carried me towards the edge.

I tried; I really tried to wriggle myself free. But they were faster and I was soon flying through the air before I splashed into the water. The semi-cold substance swallowed me whole and I started to hyperventilate. My eyes closed as I sank down.